The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » "Double Lock Box" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Airblader
View Profile
New user
Geislingen, Germany
13 Posts

Profile of Airblader
Hi people,

I just got my "Double Lock Box", English description can be seen here.

Well, first of all, I have to say, that I don't have much experience with such accessoires, but always wanted to have one - especially after seeing "Visions of Wonder" by Tommy Wonder.
So this one just came new to my favorite online-magic-store and für 30 € I just had to buy it.

Material / Construction

The chests are made of good, solid wood and the construction seems to be fairly good and robust. In the inside of each chest is a little green mat which avoids some sound and looks nice.
The doors are really well made and it's absolutely impossible for an spectator to open or find them, the design, of course, is symmetrical, so the doors are just invisible.
Although it is really well built, it's not just "perfect". The inner chest is just a bit too small, so the inner door doesn't close completely when closing the outer door. But I'm talking about 1mm ... when lifting out the inner chest it's absolutely no problem to close it just by naturally holding the chest.

Nevertheless, there's one more problem I have with the doors which is not that unimportant. You can't open the inner door 90 degrees or more, because then closing the outer door will not be possible .. it doesn't slide "down" the outer door (I hope you'll understand). But just closing it 85 degrees or less will work.

Mechanism

Well .. the mechanism is an old principle, most of you surely will know. Above I'm talking about doors, more I won't say at this spot. Opening the doors is quite hard which is just perfect because you do that as a setup, not in the performance.

What's included

You'll get the two chests made of good wood. Further, you'll receive a nice little standard-lock and three little keys. Just perfect for the chest !
And, of course, there is a manual-paper in English an Italian describing the mechanism and a little routine very briefly.

Overall

Summarizingly I just love this box. Probably there are somme little tiny details which could be done better, but for a price of 30€ I think it's a really good deal and now I'll have to think about how using it exactly.
Out of 10 (with 10 as best) I would give the box 9,5 points - that's my opinion. I think, it's definitive worth the money.

air
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » "Double Lock Box" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL