The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Balloon trick I was thinking of (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

cartercole
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of cartercole
Ok so I just got some flash cotton and a hand striker and I got the idea to fill a small water balloon with butane and then use the flash cotton to ignite the balloon. it works great and big fire ball so I was thinking of how this could be a trick so I thought I could take a balloon and blow it up then do some switch and then spark the balloon. I'm thinking like some patter of I'm a dragon or I can breath fire but its not lit when I blow up the balloon I have to pop it to iono

questions / comments / concerns
Mr. Woolery
View Profile
Inner circle
Fairbanks, AK
2149 Posts

Profile of Mr. Woolery
What's your venue for this?

The dragon bit sounds like something for a kid show (my favorite kind) but I tend to be really afraid of fire in a kid show. They are just too unpredictable.

How would this work with the rest of your act?

I think it is a cool effect idea, but I have trouble envisioning a routine for it. It would not work for me, so I'm asking questions to try to get a handle on where and how it might be used.

-Patrick
Jia Truong
View Profile
New user
Australia
38 Posts

Profile of Jia Truong
Well just play safe and have safety equipment at hand. If its a kids show, don't do it.
markmiller
View Profile
Special user
731 Posts

Profile of markmiller
The ball of fire seems like great misdirection for a production. Dove, submarine sandwich, bowling ball?
mkmager
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of mkmager
Cool idea for a stage show for sure! I would be worried with kids.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Balloon trick I was thinking of (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL