The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » four way fanning deck?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3178 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
I recently picked up an American Flag Deck at KMart that fans beautifully one way. And I searched and found the thread on fanning cards here. But the issue of multiple different display was not mentioned.

That got me to thinking, considering what shows on a fan, I am sure that a four way fanning deck is possible, (I thought I had even seen them advertised in the past) but all I seem to find for sale are dragon fan decks, and that is still just a one way fan.

Does anyone know where to get deck(s) where all four corners are clearly different, enabling four "changes" or different displays?

Thanks in advance.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
Burt Yaroch
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas,TX
1097 Posts

Profile of Burt Yaroch
Hey BroDavid. I have a Harry Anderson fanning deck that does absolutely beautiful color changes. A neat feature of this deck is that it comes with four different backed cards to go on top of the deck. It gives the illusion of the backs of all the cards changing four times. Really very cool.

I got mine at a local magic store but I found them at a couple of places on the web. The second link has a picture. You'll see there that all of the cards with the exception of the 4 I mentioned have Harry's picture on them. Looks kinda hokey at first glance but when you have just changed the backs four times and now Harry's face appears on all the cards, nice little kicker.

http://www.emagictricks.com/More%20Cards%209.htm

http://www.daytonamagic.com/Card%20Magic/CA18.htm

The blue field you can't see very well in the picture is rows of tiny stars, probably what your flag deck looked like. Looks very cool. Highly recommended. Smile
Yakworld.
Jeb Sherrill
View Profile
Inner circle
Elsewhere
1161 Posts

Profile of Jeb Sherrill
The Dragon fanning decks I've seen, fan many different directions. The face can be fanned into a dragon or a deck of cards and the backs are a four way fanning deck. I still want to get my hands on one.

Sable Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
I don't believe in reincarnation, but I may have in another life.
Geoff Williams
View Profile
Special user
St. Pete Beach, FL
615 Posts

Profile of Geoff Williams
I have a friend with a wonderful, and FREE, Dragon Fanning Deck routine. PM me and I can put you in touch with him. He's a great guy.
"Saját légpárnás tele van angolnák."

(Hungarian for "My hovercraft is full of eels")
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
3178 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
Yep Yak! That is just what I was looking for!

I had seen the Harry Anderson deck advertised, but somehow got it into my mind that it only had pictures of Harry Anderson. And I didn't see how it would display otherwise, but in rereading the description and what you said, It should work fine.

Thanks friend!

BroDavid
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
3178 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
In my Quest for nice looking decks to Fan, I discovered the Mickey Mouse Playing Cards printed by U.S. Playing Cards aka Bicycle decks - but you all knew that.

I bought mine at a Medic-Drug Store for $2.99

They are very colorful with a different look on all four corners and handle just like normal Bikes. Plus there is the advantage of the fact that many of the faces in addition to the number and suit - have a Disney Character - Goofey, Mickey, Minnie, etc. opening the door for using some of the hidden cards in other decks - to reveal that the spec made a "Goofy" selection.... Smile or whatever.

Just thought I would pass it on!

Good Luck, and God Bless!

BroDavid
Randy
View Profile
Loyal user
Rochester, NY
260 Posts

Profile of Randy
Tenyo used to sell a fanning deck that was different at each corner
The Buffalo Get-Together - A Close-Up Magic Convention
Garrett Nelson
View Profile
Special user
644 Posts

Profile of Garrett Nelson
Actually, for a different type of look, I like to fan Budweiser (original, the ones that are blue backgrounded) cards. Really. They look quite attractive in the 4 different ways.
Brad Jeffers
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of Brad Jeffers
Here is a good site for fanning cards
http://www.playing-cards.demon.co.uk
At one time they sold an 8-way fanning deck, but I don't see it listed anymore. It's hard to get a really good fanning deck these days. The best I ever had came from Haine's House of Cards. It was a Japanese deck, that was simply beautiful. It came with the cards pretreated with wax, as opposed to fanning powder. This is a common practice in Japan, and the wax works extremly well. The cards fan perfectly, but will not slip. I wish I had bought a gross of these, as they are no longer available.
Burt Yaroch
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas,TX
1097 Posts

Profile of Burt Yaroch
On my recent trip to Italy I stopped in a magic store in Florence and saw an interesting fanning deck. It was a traditional deck on the backs, four way. The fronts fanned blank one way and, much to my mothers chagrin, a mostly naked (except for the fishnet stockings) gal was produced when fanning the other way.

She wouldn't let me get it. Smile
Yakworld.
Brad Jeffers
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of Brad Jeffers
That is the "Sexy Fanning Deck" by Angel. You can get these from the site I listed above. I won't tell your mom! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » four way fanning deck?? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL