The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Balls (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ftlum
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, CA
725 Posts

Profile of ftlum
Hi All.

Is there anyone in the U.S. who makes custom miniature baseballs (including ones for a chop cup)? It looks like most people are recommending ones from overseas (I see Australia, Netherlands, and Germany mentioned).

Also, with regards to size, how do 7/8ths ones look with Sherwoods? Do they seem too small for the cup size? I'm finding that with the 1" balls I have, I tend to flash a little when doing a wand spin in the same hand... I was thinking that perhaps getting slightly smaller balls would help avoid any flashing. I really like the ones David Williamson used on Sleight of Dave; tan and white seems like a good color choice-- even if you flash a little, it shouldn't be too noticible.

These also seemed interesting, but I wonder how well the'll be seen: https://www.bobkohlermagic.com/view-product.cfm?productID=60

thanks in advance,

- Frank
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24249 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
You might want to contact Michael Ammar and see if he can get them made for you. For Sherwoods, you need 1 inch balls. The 7/8" balls are dwarfed by the Sherwood cups.

However, I would strongly recommend that you check with Michael Sullivan in Australia. His baseballs come in whatever colors you need. The prices are reasonable, the service is quick, and they are covered with vinyl, which is much easier to keep clean.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Kipee
View Profile
Regular user
UK
156 Posts

Profile of Kipee
I think someone (could have been mindyourmagic) noted that his website has been hacked and now, not accessible. Do you have an email address for Mr Sullivan by any chance Bill?
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24249 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Try this one: magicaussie@optushome.com.au

He is a user on the forum here. He uses the name Michael Sullivan.

I have found him very easy to do business with.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Krazyjay
View Profile
Loyal user
One hand typed all
265 Posts

Profile of Krazyjay
I emailed Michael Sullivan the other day, to ask about his baseballs and to let him know his site was hacked. Today he replied back to me.

He said "Just got back from China today as I was at FISM and had a few days after to see China. I am now moving to a new sever and new web software as my site has been hacked 1 to many times. What where you after as I may be able to sort something out via email and give you my paypal email."

I used his magicaussie@optushome.com.au Email. It seems like he is still making them and is will to work with you.

Jeremy
Sir Richard
View Profile
Special user
650 Posts

Profile of Sir Richard
Miclael Ammar does advertise them on his web-site: http://www.ammarmagic.net/miroba.html. I'm looking forward to his lecture & workshop at our club on the 15th of Sept.!
"In the land of Murphy there is but ONE law!"
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24249 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
That's right, but he doesn't list any custom made balls on his web site, just the regular ones.

BTW, Michael Ammar, Suzanne, Bebel, and Tallon and Gorman will be performing at the TAOM convention over the Labor Day weekend.

There will also be a presentation on the history of the cups and balls, similar to the one at the WMS.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Balls (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL