The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Harris presents Steve Haynes' Handout 500 » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..18~19~20~21~22~23~24 [Next]
TomBaker
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of TomBaker
Got to join the club of VERY happy owners of this!!

Got mine yesterday and love it!!! One of the BEST magic buys I've got...and I've got a room full that I don't use!! I'll use this forever!! Getting some good and fun ideas for this.

The DVD is just great and explains everything so well that even I "got it" the first time watching it.

Like the idea of using bill size papers (with "$" signs drawn on 'em) and maybe a wallet made out of duct tape (lots of these how-to on YouTube) for the clean up "tap move". I have a couple Mullica wallets but having a duct tape wallet and fake money looks so "cheap"...then they change to real money!!

THANKS Steve for coming up with this and sharing it with us!!!
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Quote:
On 2009-10-29 01:18, Kevinr wrote:
This question is for Extreme Burn owners (and users of the effect) Only..

Are you no longer using Extreme burn and feel this is a better, simple, clean effect instead of Extreme Burn??

I was an "ONLY" user of Extreme Burn until I met Mr Prophet, which I feel has superior construction, which leads to a much more natural looking handling of the bills. I also prefer the Prophet change over any of the 9 (I believe) on Extreme Burn. This is obviously just my opinion, but one I conjured up after spending an enormous amount of time with both gimmicks.

With this said, I feel both have there ups and downs. I would personally choose HandOut 500 over both (Prophet and Extreme Burn) due to the nature of the gimmick and the very natural way of disposing of it. Not only this, you also have free bills, which are now inspectable and care free of any thickness.

With Prophet and Extreme Burn there is a Set-Change "Flip" of the bills in order to get the bills in the correct position for the change. With HandOut there is none of this acquired looking motion, no flipping, or set-up, it's as fluid and to the point as can be.

I do see circumstances to where I would prefer using my Prophet over Handout, but after weighing out the pluses and minuses of both gimmicks (and also only having $500 at the moment Smile ), I choose HandOut as my preferred bill change gimmick without question.

Hope this helped

Paul
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1854 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
You can go on the Monopoly website and print out there fake money the exact size as regular money and change those... Really cool change even for kids.. However I don't own this one yet.
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
BTW guys, after Playing around with the HandOut Gimmick this morning, I found that you can do the same "EXACT, IDENTICAL" change as in Prophet (my favorite change!)! This simply speaks volumes for me!

Check out the Prophet Demo to see what I'm talking about my friends Smile

I found it for ya guys! Now, imagine holding HandOut 500 bills the same way, with the same look, same result Smile ............... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeArkBmUp7A&feature=related

The cool thing about this is that you now see the fronts and backs change, Prophet style!lol This is so freakin cool!

It's just getting better by the day!

Paul
Jim Gravina
View Profile
New user
Fort Wayne, IN/Syracuse, NY
6 Posts

Profile of Jim Gravina
Hello,

I am new to posting on this forum as my main focuses are outside of magic, but I do consider myself a serious hobyist. I just never really needed to post anything, but I have visited here in the past. Anyways...

I just received Handout 500 and upon watching it was blown away at the creativeness behind this effect. I had been using extreme burn up until now. I haven't yet made the gimmick but based on the explanation of its creation, its amazing and I cant wait to make it! I am an arts and crafts kinda guy so this looks like a good one!

Just wanted to chime in.
Jim Gravina
gamma105
View Profile
Regular user
City of Evil
150 Posts

Profile of gamma105
I also got my Handout 500, and I love how the gimmick is constructed (although I haven't made one yet). One additional feature that I love about the gimmick is the thickness of the bills before and after the change. There is no get ready move as in some other bill changes, which makes it cleaner IMO. Well, time for me to sit down and make it, so I can try it out on Halloween night Smile
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
Southeastern United States
1119 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
Quote:
On 2009-10-29 12:29, Piz wrote:
BTW guys, after Playing around with the HandOut Gimmick this morning, I found that you can do the same "EXACT, IDENTICAL" change as in Prophet (my favorite change!)! This simply speaks volumes for me!

Check out the Prophet Demo to see what I'm talking about my friends Smile

I found it for ya guys! Now, imagine holding HandOut 500 bills the same way, with the same look, same result Smile ............... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeArkBmUp7A&feature=related

The cool thing about this is that you now see the fronts and backs change, Prophet style!lol This is so freakin cool!

It's just getting better by the day!

Paul

Thanks Piz
Just about any change people now use can be used with handout 500 and some new ones only possible with Handout.

The more you play the more ideas you will come up with.
Like I said,
Loving all the creative spirits,
S
cardlover
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of cardlover
After reading the post Piz made,I gave it a try and the change(prophet)works perfect with this new gimmick.
I made mine ones to fives and practiced a few hours and in the past two days I have shown it about a dozen times and nothing but total WOW! reactions.
Handout500 ROCKS!
John
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
1119 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
Just a quick shout out to everyone who has messaged me with all their own ideas and and questions.
Thanks for taking the time to do so.
Steve
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Here's a quick video of me performing HandOut 500 with the Prophet change. Mind you I only have about an hour of practice with this so far, so be nice! Smile I showed my sis this vid, who stands as my test-dummy with any magic I do, and her jaw dropped!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPQCdWpDrdU

I have the next 3 days off of work, the second I can get out the house and infront of some strangers/crowd I will have camera's rolling. Can't wait to see the reactions this gets! Smile
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
1119 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
Thanks Piz!
Love it your doing other changes with five hundred.
Tell your sis I said hello!
S Smile
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Thanks Steve! I will tell her Smile

lol My boss (owner) at work just seen the video (as we where talking and asked me what I was doing), and just offered me $50 to teach him this! I told him I don't care if you payed me $1,000, I don't sell my material Smile

This effect ROCKS Steve!

Paul
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1353 Posts

Profile of mike storz
Very nice Piz!

Mike Smile
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
A detailed review was done here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......tart=0#1

I don't think the change on Handout 500 looks as magical as Prophet or Extreme Burn. The big selling point of Handout 500 is that you can hand out the bills, but
I've never had anyone ask to see the bills when I do Prophet.

Just my opinion. It's good we all like different tricks.
~Joe
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
^^^I did a Vid to where I do the Prophet change with the Handout Gimmick, have you seen it?

Just a wonder, and Thanks! Smile

EDIT: Vid got moved to page 13, very bottom Smile

Paul
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
BTW my fellow Magi's, I seem to be getting Pm's (just a couple) on how to critique my performance?

I made this vid strictly to show that another change is possible other then the one's Steve has presented on the DVD, as I have been getting Pm's on how to perform the Prophet change with this gimmick. I did not perform this for presentation purposes, or for those to critique my presentation/routine. I already know it needs critiquing (as I stated I only had an hour with it, tops), no need to try to school me on it, I see this myself.

Please don't take this post as though I am being big headed or arrogant, I am simply stating the reason why I posted the Vid. I love helping people, and this Prophet change was intended to show just that, a new way to execute the change that has not previously been shown.

Thanks fellas

Paul
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1353 Posts

Profile of mike storz
A friend of mind asked me to help him make up the gimmick and in exchange I could make one up for me to keep. What a deal!

I watched the DVD from beginning to end before doing anything and my first reaction was there's no way I'm going to make this. I'll just stick with Extreme Burn. But I promised a friend I would make it. I'm so glad I did. In all honesty it is not difficult to make. After making the first one I breezed through the second one.

It's crazy how Steve thought of this. It's amazing how it all works and it works so easily. I have made room in my wallet to carry both EB and HO 500. I am creating a routine where I start with EB to show mutliple changes of going from 1's to 20's then 20's to 1's. Then I'll switch out EB with HO 500 for the finally then hand out the bills.

I'm so happy I made this gimmick up. My first reaction was it's not for me. Boy was I wrong. It will not replace EB but will be right next to it in my wallet. This is a good one!

Mike Smile
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
1119 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
Thanks for posting Mike

defconskylude said it took him fifteen minutes to build.
I went into extreme detail on the DVD just to make sure I covered everything,but as you have seen,once you build it,there are several ways to start.
Once you understand it,it's very easy to make and you can convert it to another change in about a minute.

Thanks Mike,
S
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
1119 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
Defconskylude did put up a review!
Thanks Man
So I'm sure that now that it is out,that is where people will be posting,so feel free to add your comments there if you feel like it.
Thanks a Million for all the kind words and ideas.
Wishing you all a bright and magical future,
Steve Haynes
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1353 Posts

Profile of mike storz
Hey Steve!

I just hit the streets with this one during TRICK or treating with my kids. I blew people away. I was concerned about some of the "heat" of the gimmick but NO ONE caught it. They DID exactly what you said. They held the bills in the air and some even examined them against a light!

This takes this effect to a whole new level. I lov EB but always danced around the "Let me see those Dollars" questions. It really was never a difficult problem but switching in HO 500 was just the ending I needed to make it perfect.

It's so funny how I went from skeptic to believer as soon as I made this up. Great job with this and you're correct it's not difficult make. The second one took me well under 15 minutes.

Mike Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Harris presents Steve Haynes' Handout 500 » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..18~19~20~21~22~23~24 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL