The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Which is the best looking 3 Fly? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
magicalwishes
View Profile
Regular user
Hickory, NC
143 Posts

Profile of magicalwishes
There is a second video on that page that addresses that issue.

CYRS
reelin123
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of reelin123
What about come fly with me by mark mason?
That one looks pretty good!
magicalwishes
View Profile
Regular user
Hickory, NC
143 Posts

Profile of magicalwishes
Quote:
On 2010-05-21 12:20, reelin123 wrote:
What about come fly with me by mark mason?
That one looks pretty good!

His looks really good .... his is a mix between finger tip routines and in the hands versions.

Quality product.

SYRS
BenSalinas
View Profile
Special user
Coinoscenti
746 Posts

Profile of BenSalinas
I really like Doug Brewer's "Three Across the Fly" from The Unexpected Visitor. It's a full routine, which everyone agrees is the best way to perform 3 Fly, as part of a complete routine.

It's the Visible Coins Across, Coins to Pocket, Coins From Pocket, Backfire From Pocket, then the Final Vanish.

Great routine, no gimmicks, a true worker.

And the rest of the book rocks! Famous 3 Coin Trick...EZ Triple Wild Coin...Down Spout...
Your Friendly Neighborhood Coin Flinger

www.SalinasMagic.com

The Modern Coin Magic blog
www.ModernCoinMagic.com
almazer
View Profile
New user
Athens,Greece
66 Posts

Profile of almazer
One of the best 3fly routines I've ever seen is Ponta the Smith one from his dvd 'Sick'. This guy is incredible, his moves seems like really magic,, very clean and very smoothly performed.
Yet those sleights, can only be adopted by advanced magicians in my opinion!
Koolmagic114
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of Koolmagic114
One that sticks out in my mind is by Nathan Kranzo from his "Outside the Box DVD.. Very simple, easy, direct and visual... Which does use a gaff coin.. well worth it in my mind.. Great 3 Fly
Eddy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Co-Creator of "TAGZ" / "Iced Over" / " TelePad" / "Penigma"
www.magicianslair.com
dannywhit
View Profile
Regular user
Oak Ridge,TN
121 Posts

Profile of dannywhit
I searched for a 3 Fly effect for a long time and was never able to find one that fit my performance style untill I bought Eric Jone's Mirage Et Trois DVD. Eric gives you three nice coin routines that go great together but I have found that his Spectators Visible Coins Across is strong enough on its own. I have seen a lot of 3 Fly routines and got to place S.V.C.A at the top that I have studied.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
You can use a Copenetro with only three of the four coins set ( that leaves one spare in case one goes wrong Smile ).

There is also a Robert-Houdin crystal coin casket item where you have a glass case shown empty and suspended on ribbons - then make coins appear (audibly) in the box.

Both are visual coins across type tricks and well suited to larger audiences.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Once more lots of magicians confuse technique and style.
What makes Eric Jones so much above most of us is his "Vernon Touch" approach. His magic is fluid, direct and psychologically sound. It's not in the gaffs or in the technique. It's in the character that Eric has built and developed.
You could take any of the 3 Fly routines and ask Eric how he would perform it, and it would come out as a miracle. In a different style, Daryl could do the same.

Is magic in the routines or gaffs that we buy or is it in the showmanship. The best 3-Fly routine should be the one that we perform after having studied other ways and designed something consistent with the character we impersonate and the culture of the audiences we perform for.
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
dannywhit
View Profile
Regular user
Oak Ridge,TN
121 Posts

Profile of dannywhit
I totally agree with you Lawrence.
dj
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of dj
The best Three Fly for me ist "Silver Express" by OKAMI (user here I'm forum).

Beautifull Three Fly Routine.
dj
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of dj
The best Three Fly for me ist "Silver Express" by OKAMI (user here).
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Would you have a link for this routine dj?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
I agree with Mr. O as well here.

But if I had to pick a best looking 3 Fly, I think I would say Kenner's ungaffed take on it is hard to beat IMHO. When well done, it's just about as perfectly magical as it has to be.

Happy New Years ALL. Smile

-Mb
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
dj
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of dj
@Jonathan Townsend

I have no link for this Routine.
Contact him (user:Okami).
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Mano Tejeda's work with three fly is un surpassed , his technique with the Mano alignment is one of the most beautiful moves is coin magic.

for me the most fun routine is Mickey Silver's spit fly

last but not least Without Jonathan Townsend there would be no three fly as we lnow it today.
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
I cannot reply the question of this thread for my pants have only one zipper and it's sufficient for my props.
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
Dollarbill
View Profile
Inner circle
Colorado
1005 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
Quote:
On Jan 3, 2011, Lawrence O wrote:
I cannot reply the question of this thread for my pants have only one zipper and it's sufficient for my props.

BOOM! Lol! db
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Which is the best looking 3 Fly? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL