The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » In search of a wand... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

idstroem
View Profile
New user
Sweden
15 Posts

Profile of idstroem
Hello friends!

I am looking for a good, elegant, high quality wand. I have browsed about and seen many beautiful ones - although they all seem to have brass(or white) tips. Is this seen as a standard, because it's better, or because people in general just like the way these wands look, or because these colours are the most expected and easily recognised by an audience?

Thing is, since I use copper cups and in general believe that a wand with copper tips would suit me better, I am on the hunt for just that - a copper tipped wand.

I might just be blinded by all the trees and unable to see the forest, because surely there must be others who share this opinion?

I am grateful for any help.

Best wishes!
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2706 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
Hi,

There are copper tipped wands available, you might want to think about the wand's use though... Are you going to use it on the cups? If so, perhaps something that wont damage them such as wood or delrin tips?

I guess it depends on how you use thewand (spins, striking the cups etc) and where you will use it (on the street, tablehopping, while wearing a tux) too...

There are a few wands reviewed here:
http://www.cupsandballsmagic.com/Wands.html

and even more featured here:
http://69.89.31.132/~cupsandb/museum/wands.htm

If you can't find a wand that's perfect then there are many makers out there who will custom make you one or of course you could fashion your own.

Best,
Bri
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Go to http://www.porperoriginals.com and clik on the wand selections. There is a new one not on yet with ebony stick, ends are Ivory with Dai Vernon's image scribed in.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
idstroem
View Profile
New user
Sweden
15 Posts

Profile of idstroem
Bloody... those are some beautiful wands, sir. I seem to have been looking in all the wrong places.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24249 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Check out the wands on display at the cups and balls museum. You will get an idea of what is, what was, and what might have been.

I like a wand that has a wooden body, wooden tips and a metal band. These are available with, for example, walnut body, maple tips and a copper band.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
A thin and long TV zapper with a small light in front for the audience to see when the magic moment happens. The Scandinavian B&O had this type for years.

People believe in what a zapper can do: they've used one themselves.
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Quote:
On 2009-08-09 14:23, Lawrence O wrote:
People believe in what a zapper can do: they've used one themselves.

That's a great point!!! The magic remote.

And I wanted to point out: Be careful with a copper tipped wand in a thunder storm!!! Smile

-=tab
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

http://Sefalaljia.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » In search of a wand... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL