The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Thoughts On Flash Paper - To Flash Or Not To Flash (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
manal
View Profile
Inner circle
York ,PA.
1412 Posts

Profile of manal
So silk is Flammable?
Life is too important to take seriously.

james@jamesmanalli.com

www.jamesmanalli.com
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
Years ago, Mark Kalin made a pin-sized hole in a ladies silk dress with a piece of slower than expected burning flash paper from stage to the front row.

It became a nightmare lawsuit of 25,000 for damages and mental distress, etc.
mota
View Profile
Inner circle
1658 Posts

Profile of mota
Nylon is a problem too. The late Tony Andruzzi's last wife died like this. A cigarette ash fell on her nightgown and it burst in to flame. She died before the ambulance could get there.

Fire is very, very risky stuff. Flash paper is essentially concentrated fire.
pearljamjeff
View Profile
Inner circle
Ann Arbor
1249 Posts

Profile of pearljamjeff
What kind of liability insurance WOULD cover negligence? Seems unlikely.
Jeff Travilla - I own an advertising agency to help finance my magic addiction.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
A special clause for "Acts of God or acts of stupidity" I would imagine.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
John Iacono
View Profile
New user
N. California
53 Posts

Profile of John Iacono
Quote:
On 2009-08-11 23:02, Bill Palmer wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-08-11 07:37, Rich B. wrote:
Bill...I just re-purchased Liability insurance with IBM for 2009-2010. The docs I signed stated that flash paper is allowed. Do you have any more info on this topic.

Thanks,
Rich B.

In California the requires a pyrotechnic performer license to use flash paper, but I have heard that they are very hard to get now. I have a basice commercial fireworks license in Ca. but it does not allow my to use flash paper, just large scale fireworks

It may be allowed; however, if you do something with flash paper that is either illegal or negligent, they will not cover you.

Check the policy and see if they cover acts of negligence or actions that are illegal.

Local ordinances may be different than what you think.
JasonNYC
View Profile
New user
NYC
20 Posts

Profile of JasonNYC
Quote:
On 2009-08-10 02:10, pepka wrote:
I've never cared for the use of flash paper, cotton, string or whatever in a close-up situation. Stage is different. You never know when you might have someone who is skittish about fire. Yes, even adults can be like that. How about someone who survived a house fire, they might not appreciate that coin vanishing in a flash of fire 6 inches from their face. Same goes for fire wallets. Many years ago, another magician came to the restaurant I perform in and asked if I had seen the newest gaffed wallet, I said no and as I leaned down, he lit the thing inches from my face. I told him I was not amused and don't come back in my place again.

This reminds me of the time I put a pen up my nose for a client who just had nasal surgery the month before. I didn't have a single thing on me so I grabbed her bank's pen and started doing sleights with it. She wasn't amused. I lost several gigs because of a random coincidence. You live and you LEARN. "When in doubt, leave it out" is always best.
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
Quote:
On 2009-08-11 11:32, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-08-11 02:35, Jason A wrote:
Lol I do take the bread and through it out ... LOL Smile I don't leave it to them to eat lol

I never thought you left it to eat. It is a territorial issue, it is a lot of things. It is just not something I recomend to people. Food is a very sensitive issue for many people.

Danny is DEAD WRONG ON THIS!!!!!! I always sit down and man handle the food when at all possible! People love that. Grab the bread, appitizers, etc. It's a real hoot! I have also learned that people love it when you start to eat off of their plate. It's so unsuspected...they love it! Anyone who would be offended by this obviously should never come out to the restaurants that I perform at.
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
Bryanpier
View Profile
New user
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
62 Posts

Profile of Bryanpier
Yeah I always love it when some stranger grabs food from my table. Have some common sense
If pro is opposite of con, then what is opposite of progress?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Thoughts On Flash Paper - To Flash Or Not To Flash (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL