The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Jonathan Pendragon arrested... again. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
magicnewswire
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of magicnewswire
TMZ is reporting that Jonathan Pendragon has been arrested for missing an arraignment on charges related to the earlier incident which has been so widely discussed. The sensation writing style of TMZ clouds the issue at times, but it appears that Jonathan was in a medical facility receiving treatment, hence his absence. The story also indicates that he was arrested last week for attempting to break into the family home: READ MORE

Sound to anyone other than me that he needs a better lawyer advising him?
Dodd Vickers

Host/Producer/Editor

The Magic Newswire

Twitter

iTunes Link
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Quote:
On 2009-08-10 06:36, magicnewswire wrote: (IN PART)
Jonathan was in a medical facility receiving treatment, hence his absence. The story also indicates that he was arrested last week for attempting to break into the family home:

Sound to anyone other than me that he needs a better lawyer advising him?

Being in a medical facility doesn't allow you to MISS a court date. Sure it is an excuse but in the eyes of the court, HE MISSED his court date, plain and simply.

Allegedly breaking into a home is not good since he has an injunction against him! He screwed up again!

The paper stated that he threaten to kill himself and was placed on a 5150. Where I am at he would be placed on a code sierra which is a s.u.i.c.i.d.e watch! So he is in a cell with no cloths lying on a thin padded mat with a gown over him. Not cool, if he is doing this in the jail because he would be lying with OTHERS who are doing the same.

As far as you stating that he needs a better lawyer to advise him is funny. The reason is that no lawyer would TELL or instruct a person to miss a court date or BREAK into a home.

I agree that he needs help, and that he seems to be going in the direction of rock bottom. Sounds like he is on this path and will get there soon.

Life can dish out good and bad times to people. I hope that he pulls himself up from this tail spin SOON because he is about to really crash

Ray
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Lets hope he gets his act together. He is going through a trying time.
magicnewswire
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of magicnewswire
I certainly do not want to get into a legal argument, but there IS a motion called a continuance which could have been filed by an attorney on his behalf asking that the date be changed. Given the circumstances for such a request in this case, I find it hard to believe that any judge would deny the motion. As I posted, I was only referring to the "Failure to Appear" charge. I don't see anything that I wrote implying that a lawyer would advise him to break into his house.
Dodd Vickers

Host/Producer/Editor

The Magic Newswire

Twitter

iTunes Link
Dr. Delusion
View Profile
Special user
Eugene, Oregon.
733 Posts

Profile of Dr. Delusion
That's a real shame. I sure hope he gets the right kind of help that he needs and gets his life back in order.
Bob.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
This is too sad.
Mister Mystery
magicman1953
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of magicman1953
Wow a very sad day indeed .......
lebowski
View Profile
Veteran user
377 Posts

Profile of lebowski
There are a number of genius attorneys who are also amateur magicians, perhaps one of them could step up to the plate.
magicnewswire
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of magicnewswire
According to Charlotte in a message to me, the TMZ report is inaccurate. She says, "NO he was not rearrested for not showing up at a court date!."
Dodd Vickers

Host/Producer/Editor

The Magic Newswire

Twitter

iTunes Link
dove-boy
View Profile
Special user
Joe Yu (Stage Name)
545 Posts

Profile of dove-boy
Jonathan really went through a hard, hard time.

not sure if anyone notice, he has lose a lot of weight in 32 days ever since his arrest on 8th July (Round face photo) & the photo shown on 10th Aug with an oval face.

Really hope he grab something to eat & wish him well.
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Everything about TMZ is either inaccurate or simply shouldn't be reported in the first place - at least not in the way they do it. They're a useless group of people trying to sensationalize celebrities and their personal lives in order to create entertainment and they shouldn't be quoted or supported in any way. I say this after not only living in L.A. but working back stage at the Tonight Show for a lengthy period of time, where celebrities aren't "sighted," but rather there to work...they're human beings and they face the same things we do every day. Bills, work, family, relationships. I'm not at all surprised TMZ's report was off. This tabloid garbage never helps anyone, and it's too bad they've decided to stick their noses into this incident.

I'm keeping both Jonathan and Charlotte in my thoughts - I hope they pull through this and come out stronger on the other side.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
magicnewswire
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of magicnewswire
After a round of criticism of me for posting a link to the story from TMZ without checking the facts independently, I did just that. In my opinion, the writing style of the TMZ article was awful and sensationalist at best and I've never been a fan of their work. I am a fan of the Pendragons and hope that they get this behind them very soon. . As far as the accuracy of what was reported, you can decide for yourself HERE .
Dodd Vickers

Host/Producer/Editor

The Magic Newswire

Twitter

iTunes Link
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
I often wonder if stories like this cease being actual news when it's obvious that the principal involved is working through a mental health issue.

In other words, the first story was obviously newsworthy, but subsequent stories are simply driving home the point that we already get....that is that JP is ill and in need of care.

It seems to do no good, and probably can't be considered "newsworthy" to give a blow by blow account of a mentally ill persons trials and tribulations on the road to wellness.

Some may say that it is news......and it may be if you're a fan of TMZ or X-17. Neither of those orgainzations are taken seriously by anybody other than those who also feel News of the World and the National Enquirer report serious and worthwhile stories.

JP is ill, we get it (we got it the first time).

When he's better, that will be another news story.
In the meantime, each time he displays the fact that he's ill (we already know that's the issue) it doesn't merit a new thread on the Magic Café or the Genii forum.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Quote:
On 2009-08-11 11:35, silverking wrote:

Indeed.
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Quote:
I often wonder if stories like this cease being actual news when it's obvious that the principal involved is working through a mental health issue.

In other words, the first story was obviously newsworthy, but subsequent stories are simply driving home the point that we already get....that is that JP is ill and in need of care.

It seems to do no good, and probably can't be considered "newsworthy" to give a blow by blow account of a mentally ill persons trials and tribulations on the road to wellness.

Some may say that it is news......and it may be if you're a fan of TMZ or X-17. Neither of those orgainzations are taken seriously by anybody other than those who also feel News of the World and the National Enquirer report serious and worthwhile stories.

In the meantime, each time he displays the fact that he's ill (we already know that's the issue) it doesn't merit a new thread on the Magic Café or the Genii forum.

Fully agree with you, silverking.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:

This could not be said better.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Servante
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Servante
I hate to hear this kind of thing. I don't know the Pendragons personally, but I've respected their (hard)work for years.

Hate to see this kind of thing.
Just hate it.

magicnewswire
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of magicnewswire
There are additional details which I elected to leave out of the final report as I thought they were just unnecessary. Again, I hated to post this follow-up and only did so in response to some very direct criticism from parties close to the case who said I should check the public record and post the fact. Hopefully, my next report will be that he is out and getting whatever treatment he may or may not need and that they are both doing well in their professional careers.
Dodd Vickers

Host/Producer/Editor

The Magic Newswire

Twitter

iTunes Link
Ruben Padilla
View Profile
Loyal user
Narrative Strategist
206 Posts

Profile of Ruben Padilla
Well said, Silverking!
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Ditto.

Well said, Siverking. I couldn't agree with you more on this post.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Jonathan Pendragon arrested... again. (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL