The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Mouse balls and PK rings (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1946 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
I am curious if anyone has tried using Mouse Ball cored balls for PK work. Specifically for 'chop cup' work.
If so, how well does it work? What could someone expect?

Thanks in advance.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
dcjames
View Profile
Special user
577 Posts

Profile of dcjames
Hi Josh -

I bought some mouse balls and used them as monkeyfist cores. I played with the idea of using them in a chop cup and found that they were too heavy for that purpose. Once loaded I could scarcely lift the cup without the ball dropping. The ball would stay put as long as the cup was lifted straight up and placed back down very gingerly. The weight of of it meant that even the slightest tilt dislodged it permaturely. I tried mine out in a Mendoza set, a Johnson chop cup, a wood chop cup, and a Morrissey aluminum chop cup and found the same results regardless of cup used.

A PK ring and a standard copper cup, yeilded similarly disappointing results.

Hope this helps.

Best,

dc
“Magic is very easy to do - poorly.”

Tommy Wonder
The Books of Wonder
Volume 2
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1946 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
Yeah, that's pretty much the universal conclusion.

Thanks for the help.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Mouse balls and PK rings (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL