The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Rob Domenech's "Eureka Moment" ebook (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Thaumaturge
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of Thaumaturge
Is there a set date yet for this little release? Looking forward to it!
Thaumaturge
r1z08
View Profile
Inner circle
1158 Posts

Profile of r1z08
Quote:
On 2009-10-15 13:00, Thaumaturge wrote:
Is there a set date yet for this little release? Looking forward to it!

I've been extremely busy recently so I am sorry to say that I don't have a date for
you. I'll try yo get it out as quick as I can, but I'm gearing up for a brand new show that debuts in February 2010. The show has my priority, but I'm trying to do the write up of the manuscript in my down time. I'll keep everyone posted.

-rob
r1z08
View Profile
Inner circle
1158 Posts

Profile of r1z08
I've gotten a handful of emails regarding "Thoughts Across" and what the routine looks like. Here is a completely honest description of the routine:

The performer sits down at a table and is asked to show his strange abilities. He reaches into his jacket and removes a single business card and a Sharpie marker. Placing the items on the table, he asks the lady sitting directly across from him to simply think of a name of someone close to her. The performer now uncaps the marker, picks up the business card and looks intensely at the woman for a few beats then quickly writes something down and tables the card writing side down in full view. As he re-caps and tables the marker, he asks the woman who she thought of and what this person means to her. The performer looks down at the tabled card, then turns it over and slides it in front of the woman where she finds the name she merely thought of written boldly across the card!

Some things to consider:

* No pres**w whatsoever.
* No NW.
* The thoughts are not limited to names. You could literally ask them to say the first word that comes to mind.
* Works 100% of the time.
* Can be used as a prediction instead of a mind reading demonstration by simply changing the framing and premise.

-rob
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2825 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
I like the sound of that!

Nathan
Thaumaturge
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of Thaumaturge
I'm on an away job digging up bones in the pouring rain in Nottingham, life is bleak at the moment...this would be a welcome relief and something I could use for those weekend shows perhaps? Sadly I need a fix of something exciting to keep my brain active...when Rob, when?:D
Thaumaturge
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1338 Posts

Profile of bond19
Now this does sound GOOD..

If its of the same calibre as the material in the Eureka moment (especially 'A Strange Feeling') then this will be worth picking up.

Just a quickie Rob, is the routine best suited to a table (seated) performance?

Chris
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
Quote:
On 2009-10-22 16:24, r1z08 wrote:
I've gotten a handful of emails regarding "Thoughts Across" and what the routine looks like. Here is a completely honest description of the routine:

The performer sits down at a table and is asked to show his strange abilities. He reaches into his jacket and removes a single business card and a Sharpie marker. Placing the items on the table, he asks the lady sitting directly across from him to simply think of a name of someone close to her. The performer now uncaps the marker, picks up the business card and looks intensely at the woman for a few beats then quickly writes something down and tables the card writing side down in full view. As he re-caps and tables the marker, he asks the woman who she thought of and what this person means to her. The performer looks down at the tabled card, then turns it over and slides it in front of the woman where she finds the name she merely thought of written boldly across the card!

Some things to consider:

* No pres**w whatsoever.
* No NW.
* The thoughts are not limited to names. You could literally ask them to say the first word that comes to mind.
* Works 100% of the time.
* Can be used as a prediction instead of a mind reading demonstration by simply changing the framing and premise.

RUBBISH!!!!!
Can't be done. I've been doing this stuff forever and you're talking garbage.
I/we can do this already with the stuff we've got.
BUT gimme the details, prove me wrong , and I'll be the best advert you've ever had!
But.... I don't thnk you're gonna' do that. I'm right am I not?
ta ta
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
r1z08
View Profile
Inner circle
1158 Posts

Profile of r1z08
Bobser,
One of the key messages in my show is "The limits of our understanding is not the limit of all there is to understand". This certainly applies to the situation at hand. I'm not exactly sure why you feel the need to try and call me out on this, but I can assure you that those that are familiar with my work will know that the descriptions of my routines are EXACTLY what takes place. No twisting of words and no funny business.

To call this routine "rubbish" without knowing anything about it is, quite frankly, insulting. Because you believe that this cannot be done with any of the knowledge you currently have does not mean that it simply cannot be done. I must admit, though, that I am flattered to know that someone who has been "doing this stuff forever" cannot wrap his/her head around a method to make this routine possible. So with that, I guess that I should cordially say "Thank you. I'm glad this sounds impossible".

You state that "I/we can do this already with the stuff we've got" and my response to this is simply that I really hope you do. In fact, I'm counting on that! Why? Well, the routine does call for some common materials (ie. business cards, markers), but none of which are specialty items found in special shops. If you do not have business cards, note cards, blank card stock or something similar, then I'm sorry, but you cannot do this routine as written.

I don't know what kind of details you wish for me to speak about in an open forum as every bit of what I have said in the description is 100%, hand on heart true. I don't have to prove anyone right or wrong about anything and I really don't see why you believe that I have to. If you do not believe that what is described can be done, then so be it! That's okay. Really it is. Do not buy it when it is released. This is your right. You are not being forced into anything.

As for you being the best advert I've ever had, well I appreciate the offer, but I must respectfully decline. I do not need to make record sales or anything close to that. I enjoy giving something back to an art form that has been so good to me over the years and contributing ideas and thoughts to those that I call my brothers and sisters in this craft.

That's all for now. Any questions?

-rob
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1338 Posts

Profile of bond19
Having read Rob's description of his 'Thoughts Across' routine I thought about how I would go about and achieve the same effect. I did come up with a method (albeit with a 'clumsy' moment which would have to be better thought out). Plus my method does have angle issues. I do not know how Rob's method works, or indeed how close (or miles apart) it is to my thinking.

What I do know after reading the many practicable, engaging and achievable effects in his 'Eureka Moment' manuscript, Rob will have worked out all the wrinkles and will offer a workable solution to his claim. For this Rob I thank you as you will have saved me the hard work in refining, testing and routing my immediate and rather 'clumsy' solution to your routine.

I cannot wait to get my teeth into this manuscript and wish Rob all the best when released.

Chris
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1338 Posts

Profile of bond19
I hear this has gone 'underground'

Shame, I guess a lot will miss out on something good (but you'll never know)
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
This sounds like fantastic material.

However, I hate cold reading. Is strange feeling just another cold reading?
Thaumaturge
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of Thaumaturge
Not at all. It'll take you about 1 min to get this down, and then at least 10 min to find the manlys to perform. Once you've done it once it becomes a real pleasure performing. This has shot up to being my No1 impromptu effect...its gooood!
Thaumaturge
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
Quote:
On 2009-11-15 10:17, Thaumaturge wrote:
Not at all. It'll take you about 1 min to get this down, and then at least 10 min to find the manlys to perform. Once you've done it once it becomes a real pleasure performing. This has shot up to being my No1 impromptu effect...its gooood!

Sending the payment now..
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2825 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Rob,

Thanks for sending me "Thoughts Across"! Great stuff...and alas your ad copy for it is right on the money & extremely fair...Sadly I must also report that Rob is keeping this "old school" & "underground"...not to be had at any price...it pays to play nice...

Nathan
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
Strange feeling was as good as they said Smile

Did it for a magician friend of mine, he said his 6th sense felt 39, but then again, his 46 for the second one wasn't perfect with normal sense of touch, so it was still impressive Smile He didn't even link it to the well known principle.
r1z08
View Profile
Inner circle
1158 Posts

Profile of r1z08
I'm glad you enjoyed it magicFreak2! That routine has gotten me out of a lot of jams over the years. I have a version that I created for stage that is 100% every single time. Chew on that for a bit. Smile

-rob
r1z08
View Profile
Inner circle
1158 Posts

Profile of r1z08
MagicFreak2,

Please be careful about what you are posting. I know that you're not trying to be malicious, but you are giving away some info on a public forum that I would rather not be given out.

I know that you have good intentions, but just please keep in mind that your posts are visible to the entire world.

-rob
cpbartak
View Profile
Special user
Mooresville, NC
941 Posts

Profile of cpbartak
This e-book is very good. I have had it for awhile now, and keep coming back to it for more ideas. All of the routines are very well thought out and definitely come across as workers. There are some very good, original presentations in here that have inspired me. It will be a shame if 'Thoughts Across' isn't released.
Some people hear voices.. Some see invisible people.. Others have no imagination whatsoever.
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
Quote:
On 2009-11-16 19:25, cpbartak wrote:
This e-book is very good. I have had it for awhile now, and keep coming back to it for more ideas. All of the routines are very well thought out and definitely come across as workers. There are some very good, original presentations in here that have inspired me. It will be a shame if 'Thoughts Across' isn't released.

I myself would easily pay $49.99 for a 100% way to have their number written on my palm for an audience to see if it doesn't use instant stooging.
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2825 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
MF2,

When a contractor builds a house he uses a WIDE range of tools...don't be so quick to doubt the tools you may have available to you.

Nathan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Rob Domenech's "Eureka Moment" ebook (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL