The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Swine Flu 1976 & Propaganda (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16262 Posts

Profile of tommy
Swine Flu 1976 & Propaganda

CBS " 60 MINUTES" documentary on the swine flu epidemics of 1976 in the U.S. It went on air only once and was never shown again. Please look at this, it talks by itself.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9mh9f_......a_webcam
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Well now, I just finished watching it, and it truly makes me wonder about the current state of vaccination technology.

Germany is planning a major vaccination push this Autumn, though no vaccine is in the finished stage of development. How am I supposed to believe that any vaccine will have gone through sufficient trials to prove its safety?

I won't be taking any shots against the swine flu. Nor will I allow my son to get any shots against the swine flu. I suppose my wife can decide for herself. Smile
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Thanks for the link, it was an interesting report.

I'm no medical expert, but FWIW it does seem that things (e.g., "vaccine technology") have changed since 1976:

http://www.channel3000.com/news/20352964/detail.html

WISC-TV spoke with a local nurse who got a Swine flu vaccination in 1976, but became sick.

"At that time, we were using live vaccine, so you actually got a small portion of the disease to give you immunity," explained Julie Miehe. "And I hence came down with a small case of the swine flu, and got to spend a week in my dorm room."

Miehe a nurse at St. Mary's Hospital said people should rest assured that current research uses a killed form of the virus, unlike the 1976 program.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Of course, the nurse in the report above may simply be a cog in a new propaganda campaign ...
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16262 Posts

Profile of tommy
When I see things like this I wonder if we are free to chose for our kids anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m79chdALl......index=15
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Land of the free, home of the brave....

My wife and I had the right to make an informed choice here in Germany. We chose to have my son immunized against most things, but we skipped on others.

One of the biggest myths Americans have about themselves is that they are the most free people on earth, all the while being told what they can eat and drink and smoke and where and when and so forth and so on. I mean, where outside of the U.S. do they even know what "trans-fats" are?

It's like boiling the frog. Americans are having their liberties taken away day by day, year by year, but still they think they are the most free people on earth....

This thread will be gone in less than 48 hours.

See what I mean?
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5852 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Dining next to a chimney was not a freedom. Eating without having to choke through a cloud of smoke is a freedom. Getting products which are healthier is a freedom. Eating whatever is on the shelf because you don't know better is not.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2009-08-11 13:22, stoneunhinged wrote:

I mean, where outside of the U.S. do they even know what "trans-fats" are?

Yeah, I think so. Trans-fats have been in the news for a while in many different countries. For several years here in Canada. And I believe Denmark outlawed trans-fats circa 2003. I think the U.S. may be playing catch up on this one.
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Quote:
On 2009-08-11 13:06, tommy wrote:
When I see things like this I wonder if we are free to chose for our kids anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m79chdALl......index=15

I only watched a bit, but I wonder if the parents believe that the vaccinations will give their children autism... BS, if you ask me
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
Davit Sicseek
View Profile
Inner circle
1818 Posts

Profile of Davit Sicseek
Quote:
I won't be taking any shots against the swine flu. Nor will I allow my son to get any shots against the swine flu. I suppose my wife can decide for herself.

How very good of you to permit your wife to make her own decision.

I was listening to one of the lead scientists on the prospective UK vaccination program speaking on the radio recently. He was suggesting that there is a 'strong' prediction that the swine flue vaccine will be safe because it has so much in common with pre-existing vaccines. That being said, he still would not be comfortable implementing it in a large scale vaccination program until there is evidence that supports it's theoretical safety.

I hope you will assess the EVIDENCE and where appropriate differ to those better educated that yourself in the matter when deciding whether to be vaccinated. I hope even more so in regards to your son.

If you wanted to be really radical you could let your wife decide for your son.
Send me the truth: davitsicseek@gmail.com
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20613 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I wish it was possible to seporate the fact from fiction, danger from hyperbole, truth from lies and just find out what is best for everyone. I am sick of agendas even those I agree with!

I know I am a dreamer but I am sick and tired of being told to be scared of this or of that, I am tired of political ideology infecting every aspect of life. My lord we are talking about a flu, that my or may not be quite dangerous! Everyone wants to score pollitical points with the outcome. Same with the economic woes, and everything you can imagine.

Sorry rant over.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5024 Posts

Profile of landmark
I feel your disgust. Unfortunately, wishing these situations were not politically influenced is magical thinking. Smile
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6467 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
I loved watching the recent flu scare. It's great to see the people wearing masks. Now I know who NOT to count on during a crisis.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2009-08-11 21:53, Dannydoyle wrote:

I know I am a dreamer but I am sick and tired of being told to be scared of this or of that, I am tired of political ideology infecting every aspect of life. My lord we are talking about a flu, that my or may not be quite dangerous! Everyone wants to score pollitical points with the outcome.

Serious, honest, question for you, what sort of political points are people in America (on the right and / or the left) trying to score with swine flu?

I'm not doubting you, I'm just not familiar with this and would like to know more.

In Canada, swine flu is something we are all mostly aware of but I don't see the political pundits or parties fighting over it in any way. All up here seem to be on board and in agreement with a common course of action.

FYI, as of last Friday the CDC was reporting 436 deaths from swine flu in the U.S. The rate of increase in deaths over the last three weeks was about 15%, 17%, and 23.5%, respectively. Those are per week figures, not yearly. We'd all better hope and pray that this slows down sooner rather than later, because it won't take too many weeks like that before you start seeing thousands of deaths instead of hundreds.
Davit Sicseek
View Profile
Inner circle
1818 Posts

Profile of Davit Sicseek
Quote:
Serious, honest, question for you, what sort of political points are people in America (on the right and / or the left) trying to score with swine flu?

it's certainly happening in the UK. The 'points' aren't on any ideological grounds... it's embarrassing point scoring and the media are as much to blame as political parties.

New virus - lots of unknown. It's not surprising that actions taken early are later discovered to be the wrong or useless. When assessing a government's competence decisions have to be looked at from the perspective on the consensus of evidence available at the time they were made.

Case in point (and I'm no expert so please correct me if I'm wrong on this)... Yesterday's news was of a study showing that giving Tamiflu to children under 12 Tamiflu may not be a good idea. The evidence shows that it doesn't reduce serious complications, only reduces the length of the illness by one day AND causes vomiting in a small percentage of children. If this study is to be believed, giving Tamiflu is at best a waste of time and at worse could be causing dehydration through vomiting.

Headlines for most of yesterday consisted of sensational coverage of this news. Condemnation of the government, political sniping, irate mothers that just don't know who to trust and a general sense that this all should be been known from the beginning and whoever decided to give Tamiflu to under 12s has been a dozy old fool.
Send me the truth: davitsicseek@gmail.com
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Quote:
On 2009-08-11 21:00, Davit Sicseek wrote:
I hope you will assess the EVIDENCE and where appropriate differ to those better educated that yourself in the matter when deciding whether to be vaccinated.

I will gladly defer to those with higher IQs than mine.

Of course, with an IQ of 287, that isn't likely to happen any time soon.

EVIDENCE? Schmevidence. Better educated than myself in the matter? Right. I'll go look for those who have multiple PhDs in the 2009 Swine Flu Outbreak.

What kind of name is Davit, by the way? Sri Lanken or something?
Corona Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Airstrip One
1689 Posts

Profile of Corona Smith
Do not take any vaccines, Especially the swine flu one, its a scam its a flim flam! BIG pharmaceutical companies want the money, simple as that.

Vaccines are poison. They contain bits of dead animals and poisonous metals like mercury.

Trust your immune system, its only flu for crissakes!

Corona, with an elephant gun!
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Corona! Hey buddy! You know, I still owe you some banjo CDs. I haven't forgotten, and I still have your address. I've just been busy.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20613 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2009-08-11 22:47, balducci wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-08-11 21:53, Dannydoyle wrote:

I know I am a dreamer but I am sick and tired of being told to be scared of this or of that, I am tired of political ideology infecting every aspect of life. My lord we are talking about a flu, that my or may not be quite dangerous! Everyone wants to score pollitical points with the outcome.

I'm not doubting you, I'm just not familiar with this and would like to know more.

Sir when the controling pollitical party in power says things such as "You should never let a good crisis go to waste, it is a chance to do great things" I think it is clear what I mean.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Danny: Not really. But, ironically, your response still answered my question, so thanks.

Davit: Thanks, I see what you mean. We really haven't had the same sort of headlines down here. For example, the study you referred to only got small mention here.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Swine Flu 1976 & Propaganda (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.4 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL