The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Swine Flu 1976 & Propaganda (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3010 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
"Our side is always right;
"their side is always wrong;
"no matter what they do and no matter what their song;
"our side's always right and their side's always wrong."
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20613 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2009-08-12 10:51, balducci wrote:
Danny: Not really. But, ironically, your response still answered my question, so thanks.

Davit: Thanks, I see what you mean. We really haven't had the same sort of headlines down here. For example, the study you referred to only got small mention here.

Yea really it answers the question, you just don't agree with the answer. Each side has an attitude of trying to make everything bad the other parties fault, and taking credit for what happens by chance to go right. Neither side cares.

The fact is that if it can be used as a pollitical ploy (either look at how they screwed THIS up, or look how we SAVED YOU, it will be.) it will be. Look at all the name calling going on now over health care by BOTH SIDES! Where is the truth? Each tells lies, then their partners swear to them, and call the other side a liar at the same time.

Can you really tell me this is not what is happening right now? Can you really tell me each side is not just as guilty as the other? I am pretty sure I know your answer already. It resembles Steves song posted above.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Danny, no, your response did not answer my specific question (except in an ironic way).

I was asking for a specific example of how swine flu was being used to promote a political agenda in America right now, by anyone on the left or the right. I was (and still am) curious to hear how this topic is being spun.

I certainly agree that the right and left in America are blaming one another for all sorts of things. I am simply not aware of how swine flu is being used in this way.

If you are unable to give me that specific example, don't worry about it.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20613 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Ok spacifically one side wants control of our lives, and the other wants control and simply tells us they don't LOL!

(that was an attempt at humor but when I read it, well it has far too much truth in it for me to find it funny)
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Tom Bartlett
View Profile
Special user
Our southern border could use
763 Posts

Profile of Tom Bartlett
They are going to make a movie about this and call it "Swine Flu Over The CooCoo's Nest"?
Our friends don't have to agree with me about everything and some that I hold very dear don't have to agree about anything, except where we are going to meet them for dinner.
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Always trust your Government and Institutes of higher learning to be truthful and humane.

http://cseserv.engr.scu.edu/StudentWebPa......aper.htm

http://www.history.navy.mil/faqs/faq76-1.htm

http://www.rbs2.com/humres.htm

The above links are by no means "proof" of anything but are only footnotes to be used for further investigation should anyone be interested enough to check out the facts before saying Phooey! Another Conspiracy freak.

Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
The Amazing Noobini
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway
1658 Posts

Profile of The Amazing Noobini
I blame the tabloids for the borderline hysteria I see here in Norway concerning this "pandemic". The newspapers biggest role is to spread fear in order to increase sales. I really find it a bit odd that the defense of freedom of press can be used to justify spreading panic and misinformation.

Here as in most of the western world, the government has been prepared for a pandemic for many many years. Long before there was even a single case of this here, there were airport screenings and whatnot. I'm going to visit my father in the hospital later today, and there will be hand cleaning stations and all kinds of steps at the entrance and exits, just to be on the safe side.

Still, there really doesn't seem to be much to worry about. Apparently it is a fairly mild form of influenza which may or may not be more easily transmitted than most other known kinds. The number of people who die from this will be absolutely microscopic compared to car accidents, cancer and plain old bad luck.

The disease in itself really is a non issue and it is all mostly interesting as phenomenon and a drill of how we are prepared to handle a real global pandemic. (People turning into zombies and walking the streets mumbling "braaaaainsss".)

Still, here we will apparently all be offered the vaccine for free. The government has bought enough for everyone, even though there is no real reason to do so besides quenching panic caused by misinformation.

Of course if it was really dangerous, we would all have died anyway long before this vaccine will actually arrive at the health centers, but that is another issue. Smile

My advice is to drop the conspiracy theories as far as the government goes. Even the evil politicians will get the flu. It's natural.
"Talk about melodrama... and being born in the wrong part of the world." (Raf Robert)
"You, my friend, have a lot to learn." (S. Youell)
"Nonsensical Raving of a lunatic mind..." (Larry)
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20613 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
You miss my point. I have no conspiracy theory about the flu, I am simply saying that the flu is being used for pollitical posturing and I am right. As is EVERY issue.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Amazing Noobini
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway
1658 Posts

Profile of The Amazing Noobini
Danny, my comment was not really directed at you. In fact, I think I agree with pretty much everything you have said.

I was just eager to be part of the discussion really. I don't have any points to make other than that if it wasn't for the media wanting to make money by creating fear, then there wouldn't be any issue for anyone to exploit.

What interest me most is fear. And the fact that even though I believe it is all a bunch of nonsense, I myself worry when someone next to me on the bus sneezes.
"Talk about melodrama... and being born in the wrong part of the world." (Raf Robert)
"You, my friend, have a lot to learn." (S. Youell)
"Nonsensical Raving of a lunatic mind..." (Larry)
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20613 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I guess "If it bleed it leads" may not be the best philisophy for getting people informed huh?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Cory Chapin
View Profile
Loyal user
Of God!
270 Posts

Profile of Cory Chapin
Check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=litFF2F3ONA

Cory Chapin
Followers can be leaders if they just turn around.
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3010 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
Quote:
On 2009-08-14 09:33, Dannydoyle wrote:
... and I am right. As is EVERY issue.

I like me. Who do you like?
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20613 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2009-08-14 09:33, Dannydoyle wrote:
You miss my point. I have no conspiracy theory about the flu, I am simply saying that the flu is being used for pollitical posturing and I am right. As is EVERY issue.

I don't get what you mean, but this is my whole quote in context.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Tom Bartlett
View Profile
Special user
763 Posts

Profile of Tom Bartlett
My daughter has been diagnosed with the Swine Flu and is coming home from O.U. to stay until she is over it.
Our friends don't have to agree with me about everything and some that I hold very dear don't have to agree about anything, except where we are going to meet them for dinner.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5023 Posts

Profile of landmark
Hope she feels better soon Tom.

O.U.= Oklahoma University?

Jack
Tom Bartlett
View Profile
Special user
763 Posts

Profile of Tom Bartlett
Jack,

Thanks!

Yes, it's her second year at the University Oklahoma.

Tom
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5023 Posts

Profile of landmark
I had a cousin who went there. We used to tease him that he was majoring in rodeo.
Tom Bartlett
View Profile
Special user
763 Posts

Profile of Tom Bartlett
Quote:
On 2009-08-19 00:45, landmark wrote:
I had a cousin who went there. We used to tease him that he was majoring in rodeo.
O.U. would be polo, O.S.U is rodeo. Smile
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20613 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2009-08-19 00:45, landmark wrote:

What to you mean 'tease' him, I think it is a legitimate major?!
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Swine Flu 1976 & Propaganda (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL