The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Little Man by Paul Harris » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
This is kind of ridiculous, isn't it? Paul Harris Presents did not start the thread. And, Tom G is one of the good guys on this forum.

PH Presents is advertising the trick and taking pre-orders. What's wrong with that? It's not a conspiracy.

Robert
VcosNJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1179 Posts

Profile of VcosNJ
I agree. I started this thread because I'm excited to see how this one turns out. I wanted to spread the word to everyone because this is something new. This is the "Latest and Greatest" forum is it not?
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Quote:
On 2009-08-24 19:56, Robert M wrote:
This is kind of ridiculous, isn't it? Paul Harris Presents did not start the thread. And, Tom G is one of the good guys on this forum.

PH Presents is advertising the trick and taking pre-orders. What's wrong with tha ? ' not a conspiracy.

Robert

Quote:
On 2009-08-24 20:10, VcosNJ wrote:
I agree. I started this thread because I'm excited to see how this one turns out. I wanted to spread the word to everyone because this is something new. This is the "Latest and Greatest" forum is it not?

Lighten up guys, we are just having fun.

The REASON for pre-orders is to GET a REALLY good idea of how many units to make. Making things cost money and no one wants an inventory sitting around their living room if the units exceeds the demand. It is just another marketing method to ensure that cost is in balance with orders.

I figured someone would have said that to me by now.

I heard that little test man number 53 broke one of his little legs and had to be re-rolled into a little clay ball. RIP ...little one .... you will be missed... I only hoped that the little clay men have health insurance and was covered. After all they have rights too! LOL

Ray
truthteller
View Profile
Inner circle
2584 Posts

Profile of truthteller
It seems to me that all the "squeeky wheeling" going on can only hope to encourage the producers to rush the product to market. I am very interested in this little guy. But I would rather wait 5 years and get something great than 5 weeks and get something half finished.

Brad
GEMINI
View Profile
Regular user
WA, USA
193 Posts

Profile of GEMINI
Some people never grow up.

- Sam
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
People need to learn things for themselves. I totally understand about thinking how the next great trick that comes out will make me the best magician ever.I thought that way when I was starting out.

I have learned my lesson & very rarely buy anything new that comes out, I have spent time polishing old favorites & working to improve what I already do.

I used to spend as much time buying magic as I did learning it.

Anyway..........................I still want to see a demo of this little man.

Mike
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Quote:
On 2009-08-26 12:33, Michael Peterson wrote:

I've got you beat. I used to spend more time buying magic than learning it. Smile
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
Quote:
On 2009-08-27 01:30, Doug Lippert wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-08-26 12:33, Michael Peterson wrote:

I've got you beat. I used to spend more time buying magic than learning it. Smile

Come to think of it, so did I at first Smile

Mike
Silvio
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of Silvio
It sounds too good to be true!! I can't wait for the release!!!
hunty
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of hunty
Well, I've just bitten the bullet!

An early birthday present for myself and hope to get delivery just in time for Halloween party season Smile
Russell Scoggin
View Profile
Loyal user
Lubbock, Texas
257 Posts

Profile of Russell Scoggin
Well I'm looking forward to it and all I've got to say is: Whether you are religious or not (and I am), patience is always a virtue. I don't know of too many negative things that come from patience, but there are always negative things that come from impatience. Just as that's true in practicing a trick before you try and perform it. It's understandably hard to have patience, but it's always worth it! And I'm not talking about purchasing tricks and effects, because I know sometimes things end up being trash. I'm simply talking about the patience itself.
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1353 Posts

Profile of mike storz
I was wondering if there were any additional news on Little Man?
Mike Smile
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Hey, is there a demo?
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Bob Kohler
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Profile of Bob Kohler
A bit of history...
In the mid 90's John Kennedy came up with some of the best magic ever. Translocation and many more.
John, Tim Conover and myself decided to use John's genius to test a bunch of our friends ability to "keep a big secret."

We created a BS story that John had a new effect called the Tiny Human Being! We described the effect as follows: John shows his hands empty, cups them together for 10 seconds and when he opens his hands there is a little tiny human being dressed in a suit. He raises his arm and waves at you and nods his head. Then John closes his hands again and in a few seconds the little tiny human being is GONE!

So we told this to about 30 friends with the explicit instruction not to tell ANYBODY. It took less than 24hrs. for phone calls to start flooding in with a million questions.

So nobody could keep a secret then either...

Of course our scam worked because everybody knew John could come up with something like this.
We didn't have a demo as there was no YouTube in 1985.

Now back to your original program.

How about using the Ball Vase to hold the clay. I know we need to ask ourselves "What would Skinner have done?"
www.bobkohlermagic.com

Home of the BK Pro Line
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Forget Little Man.... I WANT TINY HUMAN BEING!!!! Will this be offered by Bob Kohler Productions!!!!? Can I do it in walkaround? Can the Tiny Human act as a holdout? Could I paint it red to match my sponge balls? I do a dove act so can I glue feathers on the Tiny Human? What do you think it will be priced at? Is it easy to replace? Do I need any special equipment? I need him to be smaller than 4 inches so do you make custom sizes? Can he be a Fat Tiny Human? Will he survive if I leave him in a Lippincott Box for over a hour? Will you make tiny illusions I can use on him? Is there a way of making him instantly grow into a lifesize human? I won't buy it if it requires any sleight of hand! Can he learn to do impressions? Does he have to be wearing a suit? Can he be wearing a leather thong, sandals and a pinwheel hat? Can I get a whole family of Tiny Humans? When he vanishes do I need a pull or a topit? Is he also immortal or will I have to rebuy him again? And, if so, are the replacements cheaper since I'll have all the rest of the gimmicks? Can I dress him as a clown and use him at children's parties? Do I have to diaper him? Speaking of that, what is his diet like? I don't want to own a vegetarian! Do you have a Kosher Tiny Human?

Thanks.

Oops, I forgot the most important thing: I need to see a demo and have at least a hundred people buy it and give a review before I purchase this... so can you make that happen.... NOW!!!!

Well, I'm going back to my uncreative life, but if I come up with more questions for you I'm sure you'll be sitting by your computer ready to answer them all.

:rotf:

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
niyade
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of niyade
Sounds amazing. Really wanna see a demo tho.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
So do folks have to leave the room for the two minute reset?
Can that two minutes be spent under the table doing another routine?
Can they bring their own playdoh?
What if a child eats the little man?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Little MAN by Paul Harris sounds good.

Is there a DEMO? I would like to see an uncut performance demo, if there is one.

No demo - No buy - No money.

Smile

P.S. Smile Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1369 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
Quote:
On 2009-08-19 00:23, AaronishMagic wrote:
I am getting addicted here. Checking to see if there's a demo everyday.. Paul save us..

I don't know why, but when I read the most posts in this topic and I see the number of pages this topic has already reached for a trick that isn't there and will not be in a short time, I involuntary must think at a similar phenomenon the last weeks, called "crossroads".

The result: not for all but surely for many: a big dissapointment.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Little Man by Paul Harris » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL