The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Al Franken stunt ... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1195 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2009-08-15 01:19, gaddy wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-08-14 02:45, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-08-14 01:29, gaddy wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-08-13 20:23, Sam Weiss wrote:
Yeah exactly! This thread isn't about politics! It's about a guy who can draw a map of the US from memory and he just HAPPENS to be Al Franken. Who cares if it's not perfect! If you can't replicate the stunt he does you shouldn't criticize the accuracy. As much as I like debating politics, this isn't the thread for it.

try mentioning al gore, and see how quickly a "discussion" [sic] turns to politics...

Doesn't it turn to politics by definition upon your mentioning him? That's like saying try mentioning Phil Mickelson and see how quickly a discussion turns to golf. The "sic" should go after "turns" not "discussion."

Quote:
from wisegeek.com -"Many publications use sic in a somewhat snide way, to highlight an error"

No, this is no discussion, except for the part about the definition of certain words. The rest is all crap. To call it such would be an error. This is just typical "Nots" ideological digital stroking off.

And snide is my middle name...

My point was that the "discussion" (for what it's worth) wouldn't "turn" to politics after person X mentions Al Gore; Person X has himself turned it to politics.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2758 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2009-08-12 10:07, stoneunhinged wrote:
Great. Harvard. You know, I didn't know, but I sort of knew, if you know what I mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J04FRsesBQ
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Al Franken stunt ... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL