The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Don't sell your WOW gimmick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4450 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
100000000000000000000000% it is Card Mirage for Photo Cell. I performed it yesterday in one of my bar gigs, and I actually had the person who's phone it was, take the photo! Had about 6 people behind the guy in the picture, and the one took the photo, and as soon as he held the card up, the guy was amazed, when they looked at the picture and all was examinable, must say, one of the strongest effects I have performed in recent years!

If you have the Card Mirage gimmicks, this routine alone is worth the entire price of the DVD, and it isn't often I say that!
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Frankie636
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of Frankie636
Where can I find Onosaka's Card Mirage?

Does Masuda make something similiar to this but calls it a different name and you can get 4-5 of these cards??
professorwhut
View Profile
Inner circle
Posts R US sold me
1342 Posts

Profile of professorwhut
I have been looking for Card Mirage as well, no luck.
After much soul searching about a signature, I decided not to have one.

TG Pop [aka ProfessorWhut]
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13350 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
All you need is the WOW gimmick. You can do it with the mirage cards but completely unnecessary.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Frank I might have to pick this up (WOW) I love the wow gimmick and the Spookier the effect the better for me... Also Frank I bouth my Real Mans Wallet from you a few years ago when I was stationed in Iceland... Do you still carry them and how much?
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1146 Posts

Profile of Salby
Anymore thoughts on this???
You know how to make God laugh?........... Tell him your plans!!!
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5259 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
HTH,

I couldn't disagree with you more, and here's why:

1. A top change (which I execute well) can't be used to visually change a card the way that WOW can.

2. Use of the plastic sleeve doesn't make sense only if you don't provide an outward justification for its use.

3. If you believe that spectators may wish to inspect the sleeve (in the context of my routine, which I perform professionally, spectators infrequently ask to look at the sleeve), sw***h it for an ungimmicked one.

4.  WOW is a gimmick, and gimmicks have their place, as does sleight of hand.  They're both nothing but tools, and the experienced magician will select the best tool(s) for the particular job.  In my WOW routine, I employ sleights five times (not one DL).  The routine cannot be achieved via sleight of hand alone or via the gimmick alone.

Larry
billfromoregon
View Profile
Special user
608 Posts

Profile of billfromoregon
Larry is spot on! It took me a while to come up with a routine that I feel comfortable with, one that takes advantage of the visual change of the WOW gimmick, but does not scream the prop is doing the magic. Because of the extreme visual change, there will be heat on the gimmick if you perform it like the magician on the David Letterman show - I was very disappointed in his performance, as he did not adequately justify the prop or sufficiently disguise the method (David even deduced the correct method). As in Larry's routine (whatever his routine is, I have not seen it), I employ numerous sleights (MC Spread Double, Larry Jennings One Hand Bottom Palm, etc.) to achieve the desired outcome, as well as a presentation that helps to lessen suspicion of the gimmick. The WOW gimmick is brilliant, and deserves a routine worthy of its genius.

Bill
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Paul's routine is awesome and with his permission there is a vid I put up of me doing it at a bar on my YouTube page. If ya wanna see it ill post it later. Or pm me.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
http://m.youtube.com/#/profile?user=paisa23&v=iGiPuDs60Xc&view=videos. Should be it. Doing this from my phone.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Paul Gertners Photocell is taught on the DVD that comes with WOW 2.0
JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
1999 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
You can use WOW as a tank to hold your card shark.
In this case, you use the prop to simply show the shark.
You could use wow to make the statue of liberty vanish as you talk about what copperiled does. You simply have same card chosen, signed and you draw statue.

I feel it is a good holder for your favorite card too.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Don't sell your WOW gimmick (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL