The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Fade in and out (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Nick W
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of Nick W
I'm wondering if theres an mp3 player, or maybe even an Ipod, that has an automatic fade in and out feature. So if I changed to the next track it would make a smooth transition. Does one exist?
chrisweeks
View Profile
New user
Toronto, Canada
80 Posts

Profile of chrisweeks
You can edit a track using simple audio software such as Garageband for Mac and Audacity for PC

Chris
BradBrown
View Profile
Regular user
Florence, KY, USA
183 Posts

Profile of BradBrown
I don't know of any MP3 or Ipod that will do it that on it's own. There are control systems do will fade out the current track and advance to the next. An example is the MP3 Tech--http://www.theceswebsite.com/products/index.html.

I'm sure at least some of the many PC based control systems currently being discussed in this forum do fades, as well.
Jeff Haas
View Profile
Special user
915 Posts

Profile of Jeff Haas
Nick, the answer is no, because mp3 players (iPod included) aren't designed for that. The idea is you load up your mp3 player with music, set up a playlist, and hit play to listen to your tunes.

Fade up/down is a specialized feature that most people won't need. So you either want something like the MP3 Tech, which is essentially a custom-made mp3 player with the features performers need; or you need to use a mini laptop computer with software running on it, which will give you the features performers need.
g0thike
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of g0thike
Nick,

The answer is YES, and NO. You can mod an IPOD, change the bootloader, install linux and rockbox OS.

RockBox OS allows fades or crossfading.

Their current chart says it supports remote controls.

http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/DeviceChart

I havn't tested it myself.

And NO because its not very user friendly.

G0THIKE
g0thike
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of g0thike
So tested it. The remote controls kinda work. They lower and raise volume, play/pause, forward/rewind music and it does fade.

Though the skip to next track does not work.

Maybe a Rockbox developer will eventually fix that part.

G0THIKE
Nick W
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of Nick W
I was hoping there was an IPOD or MP3 with this feature...

bummer there isn't..

thanks fellas.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Fade in and out (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL