The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » KIller Close-up Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
mayniac
View Profile
Special user
589 Posts

Profile of mayniac
This looks pretty interesting. Anybody have this and care to review it?

http://www.bigblindmedia.com/killercloseup.htm

Cameron Francis (star of The Omega Mutation, Rehab, Red Hot Prediction, Twists & Turns, Fresh Mint etc) is BACK! And this time he is breaking out his very best close-up material.

You want easy magic? You want heart popping spectacle? You want material that you will perform for years to come? Then you have come to the right place.

Twelve routines, Over TWO HOURS of content. And more fun than you can shake a stick at!

ACE-EQUENCE – A high octane, multi-phased routine with a selection and the four aces!
SPACE SAVER – Five photos of small objects are shown. One is selected. It vanishes from the photo and appears in the magician's pocket! This mindblower could have been sold as a stand alone effect!
NO PROBLEM – Two selections and a whole heap of magic. An ideal opener!
WILD ROUTINE – A two phase stunner that starts off as a Wild Card effect and ends with an impossible teleportation!
SCORCHED! -- A smokin' double prediction with eight number cards and a book of matches!
AN EXTRA TWIST – The Kings, twist, assemble and trap a selection. Tons of magic with very little effort!
T&R BILL – The spectator's bill can be signed and the best part is, you don't actually destroy anything!
INSIGNED OUT – An insanely visual version of Roy Walton's Carp Warp plot with a signed card!
TEAR IT UP! – A torn and restored card guaranteed to leave your spectators speechless!
COPPER/SILVER TWIST – A penny and a dime transpose under impossible conditions... and then things get reeeeeeeeeeally weird!
IN-TENS – Two jokers trap a selection, perform an elevator routine, capture the mate of the selection and then turn into the other two mates! All without breaking a sweat!
SUPER EASY CAAN – Freely selected card. Freely selected number. Borrowed, shuffled deck. The spectator deals and the best part is, you don't know the number or the selection until the cards are out of your hands! It doesn't get much more direct or powerful than this!

But there’s more – included free on Killer Gaft is ‘Sleight School’. Cameron takes you through EIGHTEEN different magical sleights. This is like ninja school (if magic was martial arts and Cameron was a ninja, which it isn’t and he isn’t – but you know what we mean).

Learn –
Double Lift
Elmsley Count
Touch Force
Tilt
Jordan Count
Hammon Count
Vernon Substitute Transfer
Flushtration Count
Mercury Card Fold
Diminishing Lift
Diminishing Count
Braue Reversal
Thru The Fist Flourish
Erdnase Colour Change
Atfus
Twirl Change
Paddle Move
Alignment Move

"Cameron - you are nuts! You could have sold the effects one by one separately! Very good my friend... The material is excellent!" -- Aldo Colombini
Rpascual
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta, GA
664 Posts

Profile of Rpascual
I was planning on giving it a review but I don't have much time these days with classes starting.

All I can say is that there are some really good gems in there. My personal favorites are:

Space-Saver gets amazing reactions. (there is a pdf on the dvd with the pictures you can print out.)

No Problem is a really good two selection card trick which gets some amazing reactions.

Scorched (Require double blank cards) is a great little type of packet trick/prediction effect where there is a final kicker that no one expects.

Super easy CAAN is also good. I've gotten some good reactions with it.

Trust me. The stuff in this DVD is great you will not regret buying this. There is really no need for a review. Everything in this DVD is easy to do. If you got Killer Gaft and you liked it, expect the stuff here to be of the same caliber.

A litte fun fact: If I remember correctly one can do the "Wild routine" and "an extra twist as a follow-up."

Rpascual
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1586 Posts

Profile of Futureal
More card tricks?
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6967 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
8 card tricks, 4 non-card tricks (I don't consider Scorched a card trick).

The T&R card was very popular when I demed it at Blackpool (it's on the trailer). Liam Montier added a brilliant second phase which will be coming out on another project later this year. Really takes the trick to the next level.
mayniac
View Profile
Special user
589 Posts

Profile of mayniac
Well after loving Killer GAft so much, I think I'll pick this one up the next time I buy a bunch of new stuff!
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6967 Posts

BTW, I made a crediting mistake on this dvd (probably one of many). I credit the corner-crimping technique I use to Larry Jennings. I remembered incorrectly. Larry Jennings actually used a completely different method for crimping a card. A little thing but I wanted to publicly acknowledge that I was mistaken... Oh, and it's not a "Down Under Elmsley", it's an "Underground Elmsley".
Iain Moran
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
684 Posts

Profile of Iain Moran
I've been using Space Saver from this DVD for the past couple of months - great reactions and oh so many possibilites. I'm also very fond of the T & R Bill and Tear It Up amongst several others.

Cameron always delivers the goods and often fools me along the way - this is a great DVD which I highly recommend.

What's next Cameron?

Iain.
ferryascanio
View Profile
Loyal user
Jakarta - Indonesia
265 Posts

Profile of ferryascanio
What is the different between Tear it up & rehab?
is it another Torn & restore card effect?
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6967 Posts

You can see the effect in the demo:

http://www.bigblindmedia.com/killercloseup.htm

Thanks, Iain for the kind words! Space Saver seems to be the "hit" of the dvd. As far as upcoming projects, I've got a lot of stuff on the burner. Just taped a few new effects for Aldo Colombini which will be sprinkled throughout some of his budget dvds. Check http://www.wildcolombini.com/cart/ in a few weeks and some of them should be up there. If you guys don't know, Aldo and Rachel sell everything for $10. The dvds are no-frills but the effects are great!
ferryascanio
View Profile
Loyal user
Jakarta - Indonesia
265 Posts

Profile of ferryascanio
Thanks for the clip Cameron ...
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6967 Posts

No problem. Tear it Up is very simple but very effective. I used to close with it quite a bit table hopping. The fact that they sign the card and the card "never" leaves their sight is what makes it so effective.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6967 Posts

Speaking of new stuff, I've got a new moving hole download that I just put up on my site. Won't break any rules by posting a link but you can get to my site by clicking on my profile.
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1217 Posts

Profile of magicbern
Its pretty amazing - I mean this new trick called 'Aperture". I bought it this morning, made up the gimmicks and already fooled my girlfriend! Its a fantastic 2-part routine using the moving hole premise (with the Cameron Francis twist!). The purchase comes with a pdf as well as 2 videos. Its on sale for only $7 - so get it NOW!!!
Rpascual
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta, GA
664 Posts

Profile of Rpascual
Aperture (I have not gotten it) looks like a neat alternative to the moving hole effect by David Forrest nothing in transit. Has a little more impromptu feel to it. Looks great Cameron.

How are reactions with this?

Ricky
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1331 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
Quote:
On 2009-08-29 02:55, magicbern wrote:
Its pretty amazing - I mean this new trick called 'Aperture". I bought it this morning, made up the gimmicks and already fooled my girlfriend! Its a fantastic 2-part routine using the moving hole premise (with the Cameron Francis twist!). The purchase comes with a pdf as well as 2 videos. Its on sale for only $7 - so get it NOW!!!

I bet you're Cameron's friend.
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1217 Posts

Profile of magicbern
What's your point Andy? I am a satisfied customer who has bought a very good pdf and wanted to share it with other members. Does this warrant such a remark?
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6967 Posts

Magicbern seems like a really nice guy and I'm glad he likes the product but we've never met. I'm sure he's a great guy but I don't know him on a personal level. And, yes, he really did buy the effect. I did not give it to him. Thanks for the kind words, magicbern. Smile
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1331 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
Quote:
On 2009-08-29 14:01, magicbern wrote:
What's your point Andy? I am a satisfied customer who has bought a very good pdf and wanted to share it with other members. Does this warrant such a remark?

OK, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on this occasion.
Dave Forrest
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of Dave Forrest
Quote:
On 2009-08-29 12:50, Rpascual wrote:
Aperture (I have not gotten it) looks like a neat alternative to the moving hole effect by David Forrest nothing in transit. Has a little more impromptu feel to it. Looks great Cameron.

How are reactions with this?

Ricky

You're absolutely right. Nothing In Transit was realised thanks to Cameron's 'Aperture'. He showed me his routine a couple of years ago, I quickly realised that it was the 'missing link' to a moving hole effect I'd been kicking around for years and NIT was born. Shamefully, on the DVD that comes with the gimmicks, I neglected to include credit to Cameron for filling in the blanks in my creative process. My bad - it is now officially on the record.

Dave.
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1217 Posts

Profile of magicbern
Quote:
On 2009-08-29 15:23, Andi Peters wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-08-29 14:01, magicbern wrote:

OK, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on this occasion.

SO 'kind' of you ANdy. I really don't need your approval in order to endorse products I find effective or appealing to me here on the Café. Thank you Cameron for clearly up this silly 'allegation' and please continue the great work! Looking forward to your innovative releases!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » KIller Close-up Magic (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL