We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » USPS only???-----online shopping (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

AsL
View Profile
Special user
652 Posts

Profile of AsL
Fellow Café Members,

I know it may sound silly or kind of stupid but I have a very valid reason for asking this question. Does anybody (as I'm sure many do) know of an online magic store that will ship with USPS?

I'm asking this because I currently know of only a few sites and MANY of them do not specifically say what company/provider will actually do the shipping. For example, many times I purchase something online that would lead somebody to believe that the website will ship the product with USPS, only to get a knock at the door a few days later to sign for the package.

I guess I'm just looking for a website that CLEARLY states a USPS shipping option as I'm sure there's many more than I know of.

Thanks for all and any help,
Andrew
wpt1031
View Profile
Loyal user
Toledo Ohio
237 Posts

Profile of wpt1031
Penguin Magic The Magic Warehouse, and Magic Geek I know off the top of my head that specifically states they ship USPS.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
You actually get a carrier to knock on your door? Amazing...
AsL
View Profile
Special user
652 Posts

Profile of AsL
Thanks for the responses guys! Greatly appreciated.

All the Best,
magicianguy4life
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3367 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Madhatter, penguin, hocus-pocus, elmwood, dennylee all do
RJE
View Profile
Inner circle
1848 Posts

Profile of RJE
Most of them will ship USPS if you ask.

Living in Canada, this is a REAL pain in the a** when something is ordered from the USA.

If it is shipped by courier (UPS FedEX etc...) they will automatically add a "Brokerage Fee" to their already bloated shipping rates. Typically, if I were to buy something from an American magic shop for $30.00, the final total to me can exceed $125.00 to actually get the prop using a courier. (This is based on actual experience.)

I always insist that my purchases be shipped by USPS and then it is handed over to Canada Post. There is never a Brokerage Fee and rarely ever duties to pay.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » USPS only???-----online shopping (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL