We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Multiple Gambling Demonstration Routine Stack (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

snap
View Profile
Loyal user
New York, USA
218 Posts

Profile of snap
I am searching for a stack that I read about years ago that allowed the performer to demonstrate multiple gambling games one after the other. It was a full deck stack I believe and it was a long routine. Any help would be appreciated.
**--snap--**
Yehuda
View Profile
Elite user
403 Posts

Profile of Yehuda
In Card College 5 there is a full deck stack to do a gambling demonstration of poker, 5 card stud, blackjack and the last one is bridge where all 4 players get a grandslam, the performer getting it in spades (that's the best).

Yehuda
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2677 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
I'd have to look in my archives, but I do seem to recall a 17-phase gambling routine routine by Stewart James. I'm pretty sure it was in Ibidem, but I don't know if it was included in any of the Stewart James books.
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2540 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
17-phase gambling routine?!? Sounds great for table hopping!
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

Come visit Magic Book Report.com!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
snap
View Profile
Loyal user
New York, USA
218 Posts

Profile of snap
YRauch you found it! Thank you so much. I've been looking for this for a long time. I dug out my Card College Volume 5 and there it was "Fantasist at the Card Table." Thanks again.
**--snap--**
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2677 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
Quote:
On 2009-08-14 10:40, Steven Keyl wrote:
17-phase gambling routine?!? Sounds great for table hopping!

It was typical Stewart James - The routine was written up as a joke, but if you began with the deck stacked in question, and worked through each phase, which did consist of real working tricks (including many standards), the routine would actually work.

It was more meant to be a commentary on how some magicians take routines too far, but I can't help but wonder if anyone read this, missed the humor, and said, "Hey, I'll try this out!"
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
The Aronson Stack will allow you to do a stud poker deal, a draw poker deal, the classic 10 card poker deal, a blackjack demo, deal any poker hand your audience calls for, and even a Bridge deal. You couldn't or shouldn't do all of them is a single routine, of course, but Simon has his complete three phase poker routine on his web site with my little modifications to it.
Dennis Loomis
Itinerant Montebank
<BR>http://www.loomismagic.com
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
indonesia
1939 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
Anap, please check your PM inbox.

Thanks,
CC
Creator of the "High Voltage Gimmick" and Shaman's spirit table
https://youtu.be/Rlgl4CzUa98

IG: @affordable_illusions_magic
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Without hesitation, Claude Rix stack which was built exactly for that.

Now if you didn't know, Claude Rix has been doing his living with an act including only a stack for more than 50 years and he is one of the most experienced performer of stacked decks
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
EdgarWilde
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of EdgarWilde
Just a quick note:
four grandslam hands are very impressive for bridge players as well as for any normal humans:) In a game, though, smart players will force a No Trump bid by the opposition.
Four Aces, four Kings & four Queens is the best grandslam hand in bridge.
MichelAsselin
View Profile
Veteran user
20th century, 3rd dimension
325 Posts

Profile of MichelAsselin
I like Derrick Chung's Ballet Dancer Con Con.
" , ? ; !!! "
- Marcel Marceau, Feb 30, 1945.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
4930 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Lennart Green has a wonderful Poker/Gambling routine, pretty long routine:
http://themagicwarehouse.com/cgi-bin/findit.pl?x_item=DA4522
captainsmiffy
View Profile
Special user
UK, resident UAE
587 Posts

Profile of captainsmiffy
Anybody checked out Up The Ante yet? Always get a very strong reaction coupled with disbelief - it happens in their hands, not yours!
Have you tried 'Up The Ante' yet?? The ultimate gambling demo....a self-working wonder! See the reviews here on the cafe.
tomboston
View Profile
New user
Boston, MA
88 Posts

Profile of tomboston
Lawrence, do you know if Claude Rix published his stack somewhere? I am interseted in gambling demos also.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Multiple Gambling Demonstration Routine Stack (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL