The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Joshua Jay news: broken wrist/arm (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Steve Friedberg
View Profile
Inner circle
1402 Posts

Profile of Steve Friedberg
Josh has just posted on Facebook: "shattered his left wrist, and broke both bones in his arm. One surgery down, one to go."
Cheers,
Steve

"A trick does not fool the eyes, but fools the brain." -- John Mulholland
magicnewswire
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of magicnewswire
Ouch! Especially for a magician! Get well soon Josh!
Dodd Vickers

Host/Producer/Editor

The Magic Newswire

Twitter

iTunes Link
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1695 Posts

Profile of Futureal
That's what happens when you try to learn the complicated moves he publishes in "Magic".
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Josh,

Get well soon!

MMc
magicnewswire
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of magicnewswire
Josh just called me. He's heading to bed tonight before his second surgery tomorrow. Because he was on HEAVY pain killers, he didn't want to be recorded but wanted to let people know what happened and what will be happening as he goes forward. His surgery is at 1PM (EST US) tomorrow. I'll be writing up this interview and posting it just before that time tomorrow so that our thoughts are with him at that time. He's very worried, but at the same time very optimistic as to what the outcome will be. I'll let you know as soon as I finish the article and post it so that you can hear from him personally on this. The one thing that he wanted to make sure got out there was how much he appreciates all the support and encouragement that he has received from the magic community. At times we get caught up in our petty rivalries and focused on issues related to our art that mean so little compared to a potentially career threatening injury like this. Your positive thoughts and messages have meant an a lot to him even though the injury prevents him from getting in front of a keyboard and responding to your well wishes.
Dodd Vickers

Host/Producer/Editor

The Magic Newswire

Twitter

iTunes Link
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Major bummer for Josh. He's very talented and a heck of a nice guy. I certainly hope everything turns out OK for him.
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1220 Posts

Profile of magicbern
I'm really sorry to hear of this unfortunate injury and wish him a speedy and full recovery. When you are younger and in good helath, you can recover much better. He still has much to share with the magic community!
kerpa
View Profile
Special user
Michael Miller
594 Posts

Profile of kerpa
My very best wishes for a very good recovery go to Joshua Jay, who I consider one of my best teachers, albeit via his writing (and one wonderful lecture to our magic club). I want to post here, in the hopes that someone can get this thought to Joshua a suggestion. At some point during convalescence (probably too much to take on immediately post-op but very helpful after a week or so), consider learning and employing guided imagery as an additional, non-medical means of pain control. I have recommended it to patients and used it myself. I believe Kaiser-Permanente of California encourages it for surgery patients to shorten their hospital stay. I have found it incredibly helpful, and permits getting off pain meds much more quickly.

The best source is a 2 CD set put out by Andrew Weil and Martin Rossman called Self Healing with Guided Imagery.

Again, my best wishes.
Michael Miller, MD
Michael Miller
(Michael Merlin: original family --and stage-- name)
magicnewswire
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of magicnewswire
We'll be talking to Josh early next week and will bring that up!
Dodd Vickers

Host/Producer/Editor

The Magic Newswire

Twitter

iTunes Link
magicnewswire
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of magicnewswire
Please RT: As I write this, Josh Jay is 1 hr into a surgery to repair massive trauma to his left arm and hand. This is an awful injury for a magician that does what he does. Have him in your thoughts..
Dodd Vickers

Host/Producer/Editor

The Magic Newswire

Twitter

iTunes Link
noble1
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of noble1
Our thoughts and prayers are with you Josh.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Thanks for keeping us posted Dodd!

MMc
Pablo_Amira
View Profile
Special user
Temuco, Chile
682 Posts

Profile of Pablo_Amira
My prays are with you Josh!
-------------------------------------------
Asombro...lo más elevado a que puede llegar el hombre

Johann Wolfgang Goethe
magicnorm
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of magicnorm
Dodd can you shed some light as to how this happened to Josh.

Norm
magicnewswire
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of magicnewswire
It happened as a result of a boating accident while on vacation at his family home in Ohio.
http://www.linkingpage.com/jja
Dodd Vickers

Host/Producer/Editor

The Magic Newswire

Twitter

iTunes Link
DerZauberer
View Profile
Elite user
Southern California
468 Posts

Profile of DerZauberer
ARGH! I have been there! I was in a pretty bad motorcycle accident where I fractured my left shoulder and "messed-up" my wrist some years back.

I had wrist surgery back then and, although I have full range of motion, it's not the same wrist.

I had shoulder surgery in January 2008 since it had become too painful to even lift my arm above my head. I have range of motion again and the strength, but still feel that "Twang" when I move it the wrong way.

It's unfortunate, but when you break or fracture a bone - through my personal experience - it's never as good as new.

A Magician's hands are precious in many ways - I sincerely hope Josh pulls through this okay.

George
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Joshua,

Hang in there. This too shall pass.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Loopback
View Profile
Veteran user
Lincoln, Nebraska
359 Posts

Profile of Loopback
Get well soon Josh!!
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Josh, hope you fully recover...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
Our continued prayers for Josh's full recovery and enlightenment.

*jeep!
-Grandpa
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Joshua Jay news: broken wrist/arm (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL