The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » I Just Got Hit By A Car!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Matthew Townsend
View Profile
Inner circle
1302 Posts

Profile of Matthew Townsend
Walking back to work on my lunch break when some idiot swerves round the corner, hits me knocking me over and then drives off!!!

My leg really hurts and I can hardly walk!!!

What a great day!!

Pain & Woe

M
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
You did go the hospital to have it checked out, right?
Matthew Townsend
View Profile
Inner circle
1302 Posts

No I am still at work!!

If I take any more time off then I go straight to dissaplinary since I'm still in my first 6 months and have already had time off whe I got food poisoning.

I finish in 2 and a half hours so ill have to go then!

Peace & Love

M
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Right. And if there is anything truly serious about the injury, and should a lawsuit ensue, the perp's lawyer will have a field day with the fact that you shrugged it off and went back to work.

If the place you work for expects you to work after getting hit by a car, are they a company worth working for?

Tell you what: if you lose your job, hire the perp's lawyer after he wins the case, and have him sue the place you work for.

You did call the police, right?
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
A Country song for Matthew by Douglas:

I just got hit by a car
and my wife ran off...
My Cat bit the Dog
and my Fish has a cough...

It's a typical day
in my Magical life...
I feel bad for it all
except of course the wife...

I'd send myself flowers
if I had a buck
but my wallet got mugged
he even took my luck...
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Matthew Townsend
View Profile
Inner circle
1302 Posts

It was a hit and run.

Not much I can do to be honest. I go to hospital now and I loose my job or I wait for a few hours and keep it.

I work for the H**ifax Smile

Its a BRILLIANT bank!!!!!! Smile

Peace & Love

M
Matthew Townsend
View Profile
Inner circle
1302 Posts

Thanks Doug!!

that's cheered me up!!

Peace & Love

M
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
OK, stay at work and wait until you're finished for the day (and your leg is permanently damaged). But at least call the police to report the incident.

It's still important to:

A)let authorities know that there is someone out there who just committed a serious crime, even if there is little chance to catch the perpetrator

B)establish a record of the incident for your own protection should the guy later decide to hunt you down and sue you for "damaging" his car. It DOES happen.

You are allowed to use the telephone, right? I mean, you're sitting there reading magic forums at work...you could at least make a phone call on company time.

I mean, I appreciate all the love and everything, but instead of immediately telling all of us, you should have been writing down all the details you can remember: the exact time and place; a description of the car and its driver as best you can remember; what the vehicle did after the incident (where it went, how fast, etc.); and precisely what injuries you sustained.

See, I was going to ask, "you did write down everything you can recall about the incident, right?", but my last two questions incline me to think that you are completely hopeless regarding how to act after being the victim of a serious crime.

You do realize this is a serious crime, right? So you thought, "Wow! I'll tell my friends at the Magic Café!" and here you are instead of....

Oh well. The best that can be said is that when Santa logs in he's gonna have a field day with this one.
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3010 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
What an ache, what an ache;
Doc-tor Mann;
I just got hit by a black se-dan;
knuckles bruised, wrist skinned, fingernail is black;
Please tell Allstate I have a bad back.

- Mad Magazine
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
Matthew Townsend
View Profile
Inner circle
1302 Posts

Dude, I walked across the road, a car hit me and drove off. I don't know what colour, what type, what sex of the driver. there were no cameras around and no witnesses.

I called the police who informed me that without any shred of evidence there is nothing they can do. For all they know I could have fallen over.

Believe me I have done everyhting I can.

If I wasnt knocked unconsious I would have remembered what colour the car was or what type of car it was. All I remember is a big metal thing coming towards me and then waking up a minute or two later.

Santa is gonna have a field day but what can I do?

No evidence, no witnesses, no camera, no case.

Peace & Love

M
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
A big metal thing? MEGATRON!!!!!!!!!!
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Matthew Townsend
View Profile
Inner circle
1302 Posts

I knew they didn't really kill him!

Peace and love

M
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Well, next time you get hit by a car, try to STAY AWAKE.

All of this reminds me of that thread started by a 12 year-old kid (who looked like an 8 year-old kid) who chipped his tooth and came to the Café to ask us what he should do.

Someone should bump that thread, get a follow-up.
Matthew Townsend
View Profile
Inner circle
1302 Posts

Lol I think even Santa will agree that I'm not THAT dumb!

;)

Peace & Love

M
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2448 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Are there no labor laws in your state? That "you're fired if you get sick again" crap is ridiculous!
Matthew Townsend
View Profile
Inner circle
1302 Posts

I'm still in my first 6 months of emplotyment and I have already been off ill from food poisoning.

Anyway I been to the doctors and its not as bad as I thought. When I fell I twisted my leg pretty badly but it should be fine in about a week

**** happens, you gotta just get on with life.

Peace & Love

M
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2492 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
I am glad you are OK Matt, and that does not change the fact that a serious crime was committed and the driver not only gets away with it, but goes off to do it again. Next time that careless driver might kill someone. If you report the incident to the police, you may be doing a lot of people a big favor, including that lousy driver. What ever you tell the police, having it on record cannot be a bad thing. Give a call, they may already know someone who has done this before.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5852 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Quote:
On 2009-08-17 10:50, Matthew Shepherd wrote:
I called the police who informed me that without any shred of evidence there is nothing they can do. For all they know I could have fallen over.

No evidence, no witnesses, no camera, no case.

Peace & Love

M
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2009-08-17 08:16, Matthew Shepherd wrote:
Walking back to work on my lunch break when some idiot swerves round the corner, hits me knocking me over and then drives off!!!

My leg really hurts and I can hardly walk!!!

What a great day!!

Pain & Woe

M

Sorry to hear about your misfortune.

But perhaps it was your lucky day, considering the possibility that a hit and run driver like this might just as easily have killed you.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Quote:
On 2009-08-17 12:00, stoneunhinged wrote:

All of this reminds me of that thread started by a 12 year-old kid (who looked like an 8 year-old kid) who chipped his tooth and came to the Café to ask us what he should do.

Matthew didn't come here asking for advise nor was he sniveling like the chip tooth kid! Someone give Stoney a beer!

MMc
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » I Just Got Hit By A Car!!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL