The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » I Just Got Hit By A Car!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Mickey, you're right.

Give me a beer!
Matthew Townsend
View Profile
Inner circle
1302 Posts

Profile of Matthew Townsend
One Stella coming your way pal!

Peace and Beer

M
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Hope ya heal quick Matthew and don't mix Stoney's beer with your pain pills! Well, if ya do, don't walk in the street! Smile

MMc
Dreadnought
View Profile
Special user
Athens, Georgia
836 Posts

Profile of Dreadnought
Chances are there is nothing that can be done in civil court regarding a hit and run. People that leave the scene of the accident are either:

A. Intoxicated
B. No insurance
C. Have existing warrants for their arrest
D. Are in country illegally
E. Have contraband in the vehicle
F. Both A and B
G. All of the above

Chances are good they are renting or living with someone and therefore have no property and probably no job. The only way these incidents work out is a claim being filed against the injured party's insurance company.

That's why it is a wise move to have uninsured motorist protection on your vehicles, should you find yourself involved in a hit a run or similar incident where the driver is uninsured.
Peace

"Ave Maria gratia plena Dominus tecum..."

Scott

Would you do anything for the person you love?
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
Not so. I wasn't anywhere near that guy! I've been here all day and I've got the sunburn to prove it!
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
I know for a fact that if I took time off work, not only would I not be paid, but my boss would verbally abuse me, smack me in the mouth, and would get away with it.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
That's because Aussies are tough mofos. They get hit by cars and say, "well, that wasn't anything compared to the bar fight last night."

In civilized countries, like Canada, you get the day off work after getting hit by a car.
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Well, in truth, it's because I'm self employed.

But we do go to work when we are sick - most jobs here allow a sick day every 6 weeks and if you are not away from work more than a day you do not need a doctors certificate. Why would you waste that opportunity? We go to work, suffer through our illness or injury and save sick days for parties or long weekends away.

As for Matthew, I'm sorry - but I just lose it when I'm driving through town and I see a grown man in a beanie, especially if he looks like he works for a bank.
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Omg why should calling the police and going to the hospital be such an issue? Any normal thinking person would do both those things. If the job didn't like it the person would tell the boss F.U. I'm going anyway.

This can't be a serious thread at least I hope not.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » I Just Got Hit By A Car!!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL