We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Coin patriot trailer (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Reed McClintock
View Profile
V.I.P.
772 Posts

Profile of Reed McClintock
Here it is the trailer. The DVD is about 3 to 4 weeks away. I do have the trailer on my site up so you can get a small taste of what will be on there.
http://www.reedmcclintockmagic.com
Then go to the products page and scroll all the way to the bottom of page and click on the trailer link. Smile
"Stuff is anything, but magic is everything"

Reed McClintock 2003

Schaden
View Profile
Inner circle
Purgatory
1253 Posts

Profile of Schaden
Wow, lots of productions.

Great Job,

Lee
gforster
View Profile
Regular user
californian living in wisconsin
136 Posts

Profile of gforster
Looks good. Well, insane at least. I think I may be ready for that in about 173 years!
EVENTVS STVLTORVM MAGISTER
Reed McClintock
View Profile
V.I.P.
772 Posts

The stuff is not that hard, I show you how to do it. Smile

Reed McClintock 2003

Chris Berry
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of Chris Berry
Looks pretty nifty.

chris
gforster
View Profile
Regular user
californian living in wisconsin
136 Posts

Profile of gforster
Oh, with some practice, I'm sure I could do it! I was just exaggerating so as to say "Hey, that stuff is awesome!!!" That's all. Smile
EVENTVS STVLTORVM MAGISTER
Andrew E. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1428 Posts

Profile of Andrew E. Miller
Awesome…

Cannot wait for this blessed thing.

Andrew Smile Smile
If you get bored go to www.a-miller.idz.net and watch some magic.

-Andrew
lithis
View Profile
Loyal user
298 Posts

Profile of lithis
Honestly, I can't really tell what's on the DVD from the trailer. Sure, it looks nice, but I didn't see anything besides some flourishy stuff. Maybe they were just great productions, though...
Reed McClintock
View Profile
V.I.P.
772 Posts

The material on this DVD is very new. The goal was to put strange ideas to work, and do stuff that as far as my research and the judgment of friends and their research that has never been done before. This DVD has been sent to several people for double and triple checking for originality. I commend you on your honesty and your astute ability to observe. This should not look like anything you have ever seen before. Logically making it something you would not get from the trailer. Flourishy, yes but all motivated as it will all make far more since in the DVD. The trailer is very specific to not tip anything that a guy who watches it can get from point A to point B to solve a magical problem without purchasing the DVD. Smile Smile Smile

Reed McClintock 2003

Ben721
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of Ben721
Looks pretty nice Reed. I love the production at the end. The American flag looks awesome! Great job. And if you somehow hid all those coins in those palms of yours....

I got to get this DVD.
Check out my new effect "As Good As It Gets" a gimmickles pencil or pen through bill effect. It closely mimmicks the slow motion phase of "Misled." About "As Good AS It Gets" for no gimmicks and everything being borrowed.
http://www.magic-notes.com/th
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27087 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Hey Reed,

The new takes on coin productions look very liquid. Was going to write a haiku, then decided on a simple
Bravo!

Jonathan
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Reed McClintock
View Profile
V.I.P.
772 Posts

Hey, Ben you are going to have to get the DVD then because twenty of those coins are concealed in your hands the whole time. No steals necessary… just straight palming etc. I am very proud of that piece.
Jon thank you, praise from you means much to me. I know you don't impress easy. Smile

Reed McClintock 2003

lithis
View Profile
Loyal user
298 Posts

Profile of lithis
Twenty coins?! Holy man 'o war!
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5266 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Reed, have you considered using 20 "Explosion" coins? That way you could produce 80 coins... that is, if your close-up mat is the size of Rhode Island. Smile
Reed McClintock
View Profile
V.I.P.
772 Posts

LOLLL
That was funny. I have thought about it, seriously. I want to do a large picture with the coins. The biggest I have as of right now is 36 coins and I make a British flag out of coins. I did not do that on the coin Patriot, however it will be in Knuckle Busters. Smile

Reed McClintock 2003

youngdanf
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of youngdanf
Wow!! That is a ton a coins. I know you spoke earlier of another DVD about palming. How is that coming along? Also will the future Knuckle Busters be on DVD or in written format as before?
Reed McClintock
View Profile
V.I.P.
772 Posts

I am writing up three more volumes of Knuckle Busters. I think one day I will eventually do the material on DVD, but I don't know when.
The classic palm DVD is being story boarded now. This DVD, “Coin Patriot,” is all about multiple palming and the magic one can do with several coins. None of the effects on this DVD use holdouts, gimmicks, etc. It is all natural, you and the coins and that's it.
cheers
Reed Smile Smile Smile

Reed McClintock 2003

Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
Ditto Bravo, dude, the trailer rocks!

(… and when the trailer's rockin', don't come knockin'... but I digress)

And, in response to those comments regarding what the trailer doesn't show (i.e. all the routines, in full...) what it does show is that the emphasis of the DVD is just as you described. Graceful magical productions of an insane number of coins, with an emphasis on the aesthetics of the final layout and the intermediate displays... The trailer also captures the production quality of the DVD, which appears to be excellent. The background is attractive, the lighting is bright, and the resolution is clear.

Most importantly, from beginning to end, it is clear that the material is the product of your overall vision. You had a goal to accomplish, and found the best way to get there. This sort of material tells the audience that there's much more going on than just tricks, that your magic may be appreciated as much for how it looks as how it's done.

Finally, the trailer does show exactly what you'll need: Lots of coins, a tabletop, practice time.

Downside to this stuff:

I predict a run on the local coin shop. Frankly, I don't own 20 matching coins, I even wonder if the coin shop does.

And,

Those of you who decided that you had a few years learning the stuff on my tapes and DVD's... too late! I warned you. NOW look what you've got to know. Heck, between this, Kainoa's Edge Grip book, and Geoff Latta's book (that's not for a while, thank goodness) I'm going back to school with the rest of you.

Don't forget an apple for the teacher.

Good job, teach. Smile Smile
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
Reed McClintock
View Profile
V.I.P.
772 Posts

Thank you Curtis
Your pre-copy of the coin Patriot should arrive on Thursday.
I paid extra for it to get there sooner. I look forward to hearing from you on this. Please double, and triple check the credits.
cheers
Reed Smile

Reed McClintock 2003

James Harrison
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
762 Posts

Profile of James Harrison
Reed, I really enjoyed the trailer.

10 coins each hand? Sweet!

I look forward to getting a copy from you.

I love doing your stuff on the unsuspecting, its great!

So far your 13 coin Matrix is driving people nuts. I can't wait to put time into Coin patriot.

Can't wait to study.

Good job Reed
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Coin patriot trailer (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL