We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Jeff Jones Backdrop (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
markofmagic
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of markofmagic
I know that there is a lot of material about backdrops. I looked long and hard to come up with the right one for me. Jeff Jones just happened to be that one. Sets up in less that a minute and tears down and packs away in about the same time. I would highly recommend it to any one who travels with their show.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24120 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
We already discussed his backdrops many times. I lot of people recommend it.
Jeff Haas
View Profile
Special user
917 Posts

Profile of Jeff Haas
These are on display at MAGIC Live. They're terrific, look up the other threads on them.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24120 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Here is a thread discussing Jeff Jones' larger backdrops: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=17&30
JimbosMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Profile of JimbosMagic
Jeff was at KIDabra and I have to say his backdrops were just great, he demd the setting up and packing down. less than a minute.
JIMMY CARLO. KIDabra International Family Entertainer of the Year 2009.
IBM Triple Award Winner. Uk Champion of Comedy Magic.
Represented the UK in the United Slapstick Awards on German TV.
European Children's Entertainer of the year 2007/8
GWSchott
View Profile
Veteran user
Southeastern Michigan
361 Posts

Profile of GWSchott
I have one of his backdrops and it's fantastic. You get a heck of a lot of product for not a lot of money and the quality is great. Plus Jeff is a really nice guy to work with.
Yours In Magic,
Gordon
randallmagic
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of randallmagic
I would concur. Jeff is great and his backdrops are the best.
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1851 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
I have to chime in on another Jeff Jones backdrop thread. I have had one for about a year, and only just recently used it for the first time, as I generally use my Spider backdrop. I have to say that the backdrop sets up as quickly and easily as advertised, and looks very good. This is worth every penny - a pleasure to recommend.

Chris
Rodney Palmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of Rodney Palmer
I have to chime in in here and disagree. Jeff's Backdrops are OK but not that great and are way over priced in my opinion. I had one and if you use it on a regular basis the backdrop does not hold up well. So I sold mine and could not have been happier. Magicians in general tend to believe that if a product is endorsed by a so called "Professional" that it is a good product. Why would you believe someone else and you have not even seen or tested out the product. There are so many cliques in the magic area it is not funny. I personally do not think Jeff's Backdrops are that good and again they are way over priced. He is also trying to get these made in China, so another product goes from the US to China. Way to go Jeff.

RJ
"Creating Memories That Last A Lifetime"

In order to keep "MAGIC ALIVE" Please become a Mentor to a Young Person.
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Hmmm...I have two of them: one for around 4 or 5 years now and the second for two years. I use them regularly, as in weekly, and they're holding up just fine. In fact, they show dang little wear for the amount of use I give them.

My sole two complaints were the shoulder strap kept slipping off of the hoops on my carry bag and the easy stripping of the adjustment knobs on the stand. I soldered the hoop opening, changed the hooks and spoke to Jeff - problem solved. Jeff also began outfitting his stands with cotter pins to take the weight off of the adjustment knobs - problem solved.

As for China - Jeff is seeking a stronger stand assembly and carry bag source there. He still employs several excellent local seamstresses in and around Raleigh for the curtains themselves.

I have yet to find a more beautiful, height and width adjustable, eye catching backdrop that sets up and packs away in mere minutes for a lesser price. The product speaks for itself.
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
mkmager
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of mkmager
I have one and it is great! Highly recommended.
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1851 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
So what do you use for a backdrop Rodney? Please let us know what is better and cheaper.
Rodney Palmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of Rodney Palmer
I use a backdrop commonly used in trade shows. WAY, WAY, less expensive and the curtains look great, no tripods to deal with, sets up within 5 minutes yes it is a little longer time but at least I can dry clean my curtains and keep them looking frsh and new and not wrinkled. If I have a venue where it is really smokey I can then just wash the curtains and I am good to go. As with Jeff's backdrop you are stuck with the smell of second hand smoke. And my backdrop has no parts that will break or ever need replacing. And I can fit this in a small space as well.

RJ
"Creating Memories That Last A Lifetime"

In order to keep "MAGIC ALIVE" Please become a Mentor to a Young Person.
todd75
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of todd75
I have a Jones backdrop for sale on the let's make a deal section. I've only used it a few times and it does setup and break down quickly. I am having a backdrop custom made for me work my name and logo which is why I am selling it.
todd75
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of todd75
It sold within minutes!
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
I am not surprised it sold fast.The Jeff Jones Backdrop is one of my best 'investments'.It's quick set-up is almost magical looking.The curtain material does not wrinkle!...no matter how I sometimes carelessly roll it up when I am in a hurry,it stays perfect.Quality personified!

Rich
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24120 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2009-10-07 12:13, todd75 wrote:
I have a Jones backdrop for sale on the let's make a deal section. I've only used it a few times and it does setup and break down quickly. I am having a backdrop custom made for me work my name and logo which is why I am selling it.

That is how I have my backdrops, custom made. Check out the video page: http://www.detroitmichiganmagician.com//
Jeff Jones -"HI"
View Profile
New user
Raleigh, NC
15 Posts

Profile of Jeff Jones -
Quote:
On 2009-10-02 02:13, TMORP wrote:
I have to chime in in here and disagree. Jeff's Backdrops are OK but not that great and are way over priced in my opinion. I had one and if you use it on a regular basis the backdrop does not hold up well. So I sold mine and could not have been happier. Magicians in general tend to believe that if a product is endorsed by a so called "Professional" that it is a good product. Why would you believe someone else and you have not even seen or tested out the product. There are so many cliques in the magic area it is not funny. I personally do not think Jeff's Backdrops are that good and again they are way over priced. He is also trying to get these made in China, so another product goes from the US to China. Way to go Jeff.

RJ

This is ironic how the only customer that I know of that is the least bit dissatisfied called me up this week to purchase another backdrop for immediate delivery. I understand that this was a customer from 2008, so he may have needed to tighten a lock nut, or replace a knob.

Either way, I am here 100% to take care of my customers and stand behind my Magic Backdrops product -no matter what.

In regards to china... This is no secret, I have been trying hard for years to import fabrics from around the world. Instead of purchasing it from any local shop that imports it from china in the first place. This will only help you (the buyer), fabric prices have been greatly increasing as our USD has decreased. At the moment, we are still at the same price that we started at years ago and the quality has only gotten better.

Because of all the variations of requests, ALL of our backdrops are still produced here in Raleigh/Clayton NC.

Currently you are purchasing directly from (us) the manufacturer. I would like to forewarn however that our prices will be increasing within the next 6 months. We will soon be offering a few combinations to certain magic resellers, at that time we will be offering quantity discounts and price increases to allow a profit margin for the resellers.

As a passionate full time performer I enjoy spending hours upon end chit chatting with my clients instead of just doing my job. By having others do most of the selling, I can still talk all day with you the customers. Feel free to call anytime... -Jeff Jones
www.MagicBackdrops.com
"As you let your light shine it give others permission to do the same"
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Quote:
On 2009-10-02 02:13, TMORP wrote:
I had one and if you use it on a regular basis the backdrop does not hold up well.
RJ

Interesting...I've had mine for nearly 5 or 6 years now and it looks just as good as the day I got it. I use mine at least 3-4 times a week and am considering buying one of the larger curtains before the price goes up. The carry bag shows a bit of wear and tear, but aside from that...not a thing. Once Jeff showed me how to tighten the arms, even the droop has gone. I couldn't be happier.
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
ventgreg
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of ventgreg
As a ventriloquist, I use the JJ Magic Backdrop in my corporate shows and love it. I considered the Spider, even saw one in person, but still decided to go with the JJ. I've never regretted my decision. I don't do Kids Shows (not that there's anything wrong with that) and Jeff worked with me to make sure the fabric/style fit the stage look I was after. I'll also confirm what Jeff writes, he went out of his way to make sure I was a satisfied customer. Are they over priced? Not in my opinion.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Jeff Jones Backdrop (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL