The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » I am not smarter than the cap. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
I bought a "Monster Energy: Import" today. It had this weird tab on the can and I could not figure out how to pop the thing open. I ended up prying the cap completely off and pouring the whole concoction into a glass, only to have a twelve year old point out that all you do is twist the cap to the left an inch.
For cryin' out loud.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Don't you hate when that happens?
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Welcome to your decrepitude.
What would Wavy do?
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
I bought on of those Sunday. I almost had the same problem but in less than a minute I figured out how it opened and did so. I didn't care for the taste of it that much tho so I doubt I will even have to remember how to open it if someone asks.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
There's the problem. It only took me 45 seconds to decide that smashing it was the best solution. Had I waited the full minute... Oh, well.
And you're right, it tastes awful.
~Will Rogers
Tom Bartlett
View Profile
Special user
Our southern border could use
763 Posts

Profile of Tom Bartlett
It seems people are just as gullible now as always, maybe even more so, who would have believed a hundred years ago, people would be willing to pay three or four times as much for tap water as they do for gasoline? It’s most evident that the flimflam men are smarter, now days the Medicine Man does not sell his magic elixirs out of the back of a wagon, he mass markets at the convenient stores across the country. Energy drinks are our new magic elixir and they are everywhere. I really like the new scam drink idea, yes the one in the tiny bottle, the profit must be enormous, maybe even more than bottled water.

Don’t take this the wrong way, but not being sharp enough to open the bottle seems to me to be the least of your worries, wiping the chalk mark of your back would do more good than buying a energy drink.
:rotf:
Our friends don't have to agree with me about everything and some that I hold very dear don't have to agree about anything, except where we are going to meet them for dinner.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
I never pay more than two dollars for an energy drink. Cheaper than a latte.
~Will Rogers
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
A hundred years ago, tap water didn't stink the way it does today.

As far as drinking something deliberately bad because it's "trendy," I point to Moxie, a vegetable soda that was so nasty, it inspired a saying; "You've got Moxie" because you were tough enough to actually drink the swill.

(They brought it back in the 70s, I tried a can based on the legend of the saying. Got two mouthfuls down and threw the rest away!)
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
I love Moxie. They sell it at my soda shop. Tastes like Mountain Dew mixed with ginger ale.
~Will Rogers
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Me too! I've got most of a case in the basement. I grew up drinking it. I have to order it online now, though. Great stuff!
What would Wavy do?
Tom Bartlett
View Profile
Special user
763 Posts

Profile of Tom Bartlett
The tap water here in Oklahoma tests better and taste better than most of the bottled water that you can buy. It is that way in most states in the Midwest and western states.
Our friends don't have to agree with me about everything and some that I hold very dear don't have to agree about anything, except where we are going to meet them for dinner.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
That's what they told us about our tap water. The ads on TV said that "Spokane has the cleanest water."
BUT...
We also have the highest rate of ADD in the world. The world.
Now, children with higher blood lead levels have a significantly higher risk of developing ADHD than those with lower levels.
There happens to be a high amount of strip mining in our region, which has lead to inordinately high levels of lead in our tap water.
A strong case has been made for the connection between these two events.

Tap water can be better than bottled water from a microbial perspective(not to mention that bottled water often IS tap water) but tap water still has to be filtered to get the lead out.

But I don't drink energy drinks to hydrate, I drink them because I want a dose of caffeine to keep me awake during lecture, it's cheaper than a latte, and I don't always feel like making coffee.
~Will Rogers
Tom Bartlett
View Profile
Special user
763 Posts

Profile of Tom Bartlett
I think you have a high level of Doctors diagnosing ADHD so they can make more money for doing nothing. Lead levels are highly regulated and enforced even the most backwards places here in the good old U.S.A...
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
That would only make sense if the lead studies were conducted by the Doctors.
The specific study I read was in the Journal of Environmental Science. I will try to find my notes so I can tell you which one.

Here's a link, not to the study, but to a little story about lead levels in children in Spokane.
http://www.landscouncil.org/water/reducing_lead.asp
~Will Rogers
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2009-08-19 18:09, critter wrote:
I love Moxie. They sell it at my soda shop. Tastes like Mountain Dew mixed with ginger ale.

They must have changed the formula. The one I had tasted like I imagine "swill" must taste!
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Well, I have odd taste. I like the taste of Chartreuse and not one of my friends can stand it.
~Will Rogers
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » I am not smarter than the cap. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL