The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Science of Magic » » Magnet in Home Depot (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagiChris
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of MagiChris
Yesterday, my friend told my there is a magnet they sell in home depot.
You can twist the base to make it become a magnet or twist 90degree more then it become a normal iron. I think it would be useful for lots of routines, so I post here to let you guys know.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Sku ?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Sku ???
Magic is a vanishing art.
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Stock Keeping Unit
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
daz222
View Profile
Elite user
Wales
439 Posts

Profile of daz222
I have searched google, I now know all about SKU's! But I have found nothing on the magnetic side of it. Does anyone have any more information on how they work or how they become magnetic? Is it electromagnetic and is it big? Thanks guys,

Daz
dlhoyt
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of dlhoyt
This might be the magnet you're looking for:

RIDGID Featherboard with Switchable Magnets

Model # AC1001 Internet/Catalog # 100618240
Store SKU # 411724

$39.99/EA-Each
Quantity:
Description

Holds wood securely against the fence or table surface. Feed material on either left or right sides of the blade on a cast iron table with no miter slot limitations. Switchable magnets turn on and off with a simple half turn locking featherboard precisely where you want it. To use with Table Saws, Band Saws, Jointers, Drill Presses, or any tool with a cast iron table.

* Holds wood securely against the fence or table surface
* Feed material on either left or right sides of the blade on a cast iron table with no miter slot limitations
* Switchable magnets turn on and off with a simple half turn locking featherboard precisely where you want it.
* To use with Table Saws, Band Saws, Jointers, Drill Presses, or any tool with a cast iron table
* MFG Brand Name : RIDGID
* MFG Model # : AC1001
* MFG Part # : AC1001
malaki
View Profile
Elite user
490 Posts

Profile of malaki
Great products!

I use them for my jigs when doing ornamental turning. I have two of them attached to a 25 pound slide rest. When I attach them to the 1/4" thick steel plate (1.5'x2'), that I use as a base that screws to my lathe bed, I can pick up the entire unattached base with the slide rest. Very impressive and available in various sizes and strengths. Fun to play with as well.

Even more interesting is looking up how they work. Two cylindrical magnets with holes down their lengths are used, surrounded with an iron shell. The poles of the magnets are 90 degrees to the hole, rather than on it's ends. The bottom magnet is attached to the iron shell, the upper magnet is attached to the turn handle. As a result, when you stack the two together and place them into the iron shell, when the two are opposing one another, they cancel each other out. When one magnet is turned 90 degrees, matching the polarity of the bottom magnet, the two magnets amplify each other and magnetize the iron shell as well. Too much fun and too many potential uses!
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1039 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
That is very cool I will be checking that out.
It's An Illusion Unless I Can't Fix It Then It's A Reality.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Science of Magic » » Magnet in Home Depot (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL