The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » So- you want to open a magic shop (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Hey Jay- how many times has a middle aged guy come in the store and said- I've got 10 bucks-show me something good- I want to do a birthday party show for my kid tomorrow...? I heard a very similar conversation exactly at Abbott's one Saturday afternoon while talking with Greg Bordner, this actually happened...
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9497 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Better then that

Three years in a row a man comes in for new stuff for his daughters birthday and want's me to put together an entire 30 minute show for 50 dollars total.

Every-time, he would tell me that everything was overpriced, Finally I asked what he did for a living and he owns a large Faucet manufacturing business and he was thinking how much the metal cost him to make a faucet. He was comparing raw materials with a finished product.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Jay, I heard your shop got shut down because it caught on fire. Sorry about that.
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Quote:
On 2009-08-24 23:50, Dynamike wrote:
Jay, I heard your shop got shut down because it caught on fire. Sorry about that.

This is terrible. Is this true Mike???

-=tabman
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

http://Sefalaljia.com
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Bow your heads. Let us pray.
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9497 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
No no no

What he heard is, that my shop IS on fire and the deals are hot.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
You take food stamps as payments, right?
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9497 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Only for the chicken egg bag and the multiplying zipper banana tricks.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Okay, let me know when you will be in Detroit. I will meet you at my porch. Everything must be brand new in mint condition. One little scratch, I ain't buying it.
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9497 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Where would you be now if that's how the women talked about you?
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Hee hee hee.
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Did Higgins buy his act from Jay? (see http://www.youtube.com, put "Higgins at Abbotts" in the search box). If not, where did he get it from?, the Chavez School?
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Quote:
On 2009-08-25 12:35, jay leslie wrote:
No no no

What he heard is, that my shop IS on fire and the deals are hot.

OK, I was hoping it was some kind of bulls**t.
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

http://Sefalaljia.com
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Jay, my man. How much of a discount are you going to give cool Dynamike?
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9497 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
[/quote]

OK, I was hoping it was some kind of bulls**t.

Or a Bulls TT (That's only in Chicago land)
[/quote]

How much is the discount? After I add on a 17 percent special DM aggravation fee for trying to make me take food stamps, it cancels out the discount. I need money, not food. The more money I have the more magic I can buy. Food is over rated. I can't remember a single meal I had last week but I sure remember the show from Saturday.

Sign over the door "The worlds greatest magicians pass through this door - If you don't believe it, just ask them".

Fedex is calling
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9497 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Sooooooo

The nice customer just asked me to show them the $1.85 trick and got mad when I told them I needed $50.00 for it. Even (you know) even though, there is a lot of work, they rationalized that it only used two Halves, one quarter and one dime (and not a whole dime, at that)..... and THEY could make it at home with a Dremel. They further explained that it should only cost six dollars, in total... maximum.

I told them I would buy 125 units at 12 dollars each and to call me to let me know their progress.
magicgettogether
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
556 Posts

Profile of magicgettogether
The world of magic dealers needs another Roy Kissell

Customer: My kid needs a hobby that doesn't cost much
Kissell: Take up stamp collecting.

Kissell: Can I borrow a dollar for a trick.
Customer: I don't have one
Kissell: Get Out.
80 years in the making - Magic Get Together
Visit Abbotts Magic Online - Abbott Magic
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9497 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
My kind of man. I've done the same but I ask for a 20.

One night this guy comes in and tries to give us a story about how his tires were slashed and he needs cash money to pay the tow truck driver and that he would sell us the neckless right off his neck... only because he had to. Buy don't tell his wife because it was a present.

I told him that I would go over to the car to look at the tires and when he objected I got the keys out and told him I was locking the door with him insider. Why? he said... because I'm going to call the police and tell them that you don't have a solicitors license.

He promised to get in his car and go away. I followed him to his car which had 4 perfectly good tires and told him 'Who do you think you're dealing with? You come into a magic shop where magicians have dreamed-up half of the scams, ever invented, your story was lousy and your acting skills are bad too. Come back when you have some real money and get an education from the real experts.

He just looked at me like he was sitting in front of the principal after doing something bad.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
When I come to visit your shop, you must tell me all the secrets to the tricks before I purchase one because I want to make sure it fits my style.
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Dynamike: When I come to visit your shop, you must tell me all the secrets to the tricks before I purchase one because I want to make sure it fits my style.

Jay: How much are you willing to spend?

Dynamike: about $1.00 ... at most $3.00

Jay: ...... (what do you think Jay's answer would be ???)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » So- you want to open a magic shop (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL