The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Great Kreskin at Mountaineer Gaming Resort (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2009-11-19 21:32, Psychic Samurai wrote:
The Truth is The Truth no matter how much the Pseudo-Skeptics play Ostrich Smile
"It doesn't matter" or "move on" seem to be a rather dull way to escape the facts Smile

I assume you mean truth like your Ostrich comparison? Stick our heads in the sand? Well here is some of your famous TRUTH Dave. In an 80 year study there has never been a single case of an Ostrich burrying its head in the sand. NOT ONE. So is this the sort of TRUTH you claim to throw around? Obviously yes.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Does_an_ostric......the_sand

It is a myth Dave, not TRUTH. No wonder we have so much trouble with discussion.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
My Bad Smile
I've never seen an Ostrich with it's head in the sand.

But I have seen Psuedo-Skeptics in denial Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
bobn3
View Profile
Special user
Wichita, KS
718 Posts

Profile of bobn3
Quote:
On 2009-08-22 19:13, Psychic Samurai wrote:
Double posting again Danny? RIGHT Smile

So you deny that randi bashes The Amazing Kreskin on his site?

Kreskin never exposes ... And I'm proud of him for that ... unlike your magical idols Smile

Kreskin never exposes...I saw him several years ago performing the Himber Rings. His comment was..."I don't use the large rings that magicians use...one of them having a large slit in it."

Bob Phillips
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Oops.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
bobn3
View Profile
Special user
Wichita, KS
718 Posts

Profile of bobn3
I was not that impressed with the show (and I and some friends had driven about 100 miles to Kansas State University to see this). His "demonstration of psychokinesis" was to use a Milson-Worth Astro Ball Cabinet. He was unable to find the check, so the way this was dealt with was to "brow-beat/guilt trip" the committee.

Bob Phillips
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3006 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
Hey, he's older than I am...and at my age I'm already fighting a tendency toward crankiness. Smile
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On 2009-12-11 13:32, bobn3 wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-08-22 19:13, Psychic Samurai wrote:
Double posting again Danny? RIGHT Smile

So you deny that randi bashes The Amazing Kreskin on his site?

Kreskin never exposes ... And I'm proud of him for that ... unlike your magical idols Smile

Kreskin never exposes...I saw him several years ago performing the Himber Rings. His comment was..."I don't use the large rings that magicians use...one of them having a large slit in it."

Bob Phillips

Bob ... Do you mean Linking Rings? I don't believe that Kreskin exposed the Himber Ring ... But I could be wrong ... Please advise Smile

I repeat .. Kreskin does not expose mentalist secrets Smile How's that?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
bobn3
View Profile
Special user
Wichita, KS
718 Posts

Profile of bobn3
He was performing the Himber Finger rings...his presentation exposed the linking rings. You say he does not expose "mentalist" secrets, but he exposes magician's secrets to do his mentalist routine...and that's ok?

Bob
bobn3
View Profile
Special user
Wichita, KS
718 Posts

Profile of bobn3
PS ... You are saying that since he did not expose the Himber finger ring, but did expose the linking rings in his presentation of the Himber finger ring that this is okay since he did not expose the "mentalist secrets." This seems like splitting hairs, and is a rather convoluted way to go towards explaining "ethics."

Bob
bobn3
View Profile
Special user
Wichita, KS
718 Posts

Profile of bobn3
I can just base my opinion on my direct observation of his performance. This was a live performance, so I cannot blame television editing for "tainting" the impression of his performance. He used magic props obtainable at any magic store to do his demonstrations (Himber Ring and a Milson-Worth Astro Ball as I have mentioned previously). He exposed a magician's routine to "build up" his performance of one of these routines, which I also mentioned previously. When the finale did not go his way (he was unable to find his check), he behaved like a petulant child rather than as a professional who I had paid well to see, as well as driving almost 100 miles to watch perform. If the opportunity comes up to see him again...I think that I shall have to pass based on his performance that I witnessed.

Bob
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2009-12-27 13:46, Psychic Samurai wrote:

I repeat .. Kreskin does not expose mentalist secrets Smile How's that?

So if he exposes other sorts of secrets it is ok with you?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Illusion & Beyond
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of Illusion & Beyond
Wow!! I can't believe what this thread turned into. I started this when I went and seen him a while back. Well about the himber ring, he does exactly what he says he is not. He does tell people of the workings of the ring and turns around and uses it. I didn't care for that.
He did find his check though!! The overall show was mediocre.
I stood in the hall downstairs and his manager said he would be right down for some autographs but he never showed. Oh well.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I'm against ALL EXPOSURE. To expose the linking rings is wrong ... I threw in the Mentalism secrets just to get your attention Smile Sorry .. My Bad!
Many famous mentalist in the past have expose the linking rings for one reason or another .. not sure why they selected that one other than the fact that some newspaper articles exposed the linking rings back in Dunningers day.

So .. Those who know me know that I absolutely hate exposure, but sometimes magicians don't seem to mind.
I'm saddened to hear the The Amazing Kreskin is not so amazing anymore.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
So when Vernon exposes a fake take away in his Cups and Balls you are against that as well? Also with Ricky Jay and anyone else who does it?

How about people who do gambling demonstrations and show second dealing, and such?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I thought Vernon was dead?
cairo
View Profile
Elite user
406 Posts

Profile of cairo
What is dead is your logic in defending a high opinion of Kreskin.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2009-12-30 20:41, cairo wrote:
What is dead is your logic in defending a high opinion of Kreskin.

You could have stopped that sentence after the word logic.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2009-12-30 19:40, Psychic Samurai wrote:
I thought Vernon was dead?

What does that change?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
The Amazing Kreskin is fantastic and you Wanna Bees are just JELOUS Smile
Here's an old guy still performing and having movies made about him ... Pretty cool really !!!!!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
AND HE EXPOSES!@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was that Slim like with exclimation points?

You should be sickened by him if he exposes.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Great Kreskin at Mountaineer Gaming Resort (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL