The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Cardshark deck....need to age the edges (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3226 Posts

Profile of magicmind
I have read much here about aging paper, but aging the edge of a deck so they look as old as the faces. I need suggestions that won't warp/swell the deck. Suggestions?
Feel free to PM

Best-
BIlly James
View Profile
Special user
991 Posts

Profile of BIlly James
Get hold of a tan or brown pencil and some white paper.

Next really SCRIBBLE on the paper, and I mean scribble and scribble. Do a scribble patch about half the size of a playing card.

Take the entire deck in your hand and use your free hand to rub the patch of scribble paper over the edges of the cards. You'll need to refresh your scribble a couple of times.

Cheers
Billy
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3226 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Thank you....I will try this with a regular deck first.
Brane
View Profile
Loyal user
Virginia, USA
272 Posts

Profile of Brane
Billy:
Golleee! You young whipper snappers and your new fangled inventions! Back in the old days, when the air was clean and sex was dirty, we didn't have any brown pencils or such modern technology. We used cigarette ashes to dirty the edges of our faux aged card decks. Did it the old fashioned way by rubbing 'em with our fingers, too!
HA! ('Course we did that the day before our bi-weekly manicure appointment!)
brane
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4698 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
Of course, us TRUE old-timers don't need to artificially age decks... we just have the same cards we've been using since 1377.
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3226 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Fortunately, these are a gifted deck and I hate to not use them....they are very nice. So, w/o a brown pencil and cigarettes. I guess going back in time is the next best thing. See you in a few weeks Smile
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
You can also use a pastel chalk bought from an set supply store. These come in many different colors. Take the wrapper off and set on the table on a sheet of paper. Take your deck and rolled it on the pastel chalk.

You can then take a cloth or better, a pastel blending stick and rub the edges of the cards.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Cardshark deck....need to age the edges (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL