The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Spectator Shuffles the Cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
jazzmagician
View Profile
New user
Sonoma, California
7 Posts

Profile of jazzmagician
Hi Everyone,
I am just wondering what everyones favorite card trick is when the very first step is the spectator is asked to shuffle the cards. This would eliminate stacked decks, false shuffles, ect...
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Your deck + Breather Crimp = Limitless possibilities.
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
Irfaan Kahan
View Profile
Veteran user
346 Posts

Profile of Irfaan Kahan
Hello Jazz

I perform this one occasionally (only for family and friends!!). Have them shuffle the deck. When they're done, make a comment about the back design so that they'll lift the deck up to see. Glimpse the bottom card . . .

Finish whatever effect you create without ever touching the cards!! It's a strong moment. Sometimes (rarely) I can't get a peek, though . . .
I'm a Magician playing the part of an Actor
Loopback
View Profile
Veteran user
Lincoln, Nebraska
359 Posts

Profile of Loopback
My all time favorite would be Frank Garcia's Quadruple Coincidence.

You can find it on his Stars of Magic DVD.
Ed_Millis
View Profile
Inner circle
Yuma, AZ
2292 Posts

Profile of Ed_Millis
I got NU WAY OOTW from Hank Lee for 2 bucks. Great routine! Got a couple of counting routines that also work well, and I never touch the deck.

Ed
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
Quote:
On 2009-08-20 09:07, Stanyon wrote:
Your deck + Breather Crimp = Limitless possibilities.

Add a peek & you can rule the world!

:)

Mike
ChristopherM
View Profile
Special user
UK
844 Posts

Profile of ChristopherM
Hi Jazz,
If you're still looking for suggestions, a great and technically undemanding trick which can begin with a legitimate shuffly by a spectator is Gemini Twins (Karl Fulves). All the best with your magic!

Chris
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1908 Posts

Profile of slyhand
Quote:
On 2009-08-20 11:35, Loopback wrote:
My all time favorite would be Frank Garcia's Quadruple Coincidence.

You can find it on his Stars of Magic DVD.

Quote:
On 2009-08-20 17:49, ChristopherM wrote:
Hi Jazz,
If you're still looking for suggestions, a great and technically undemanding trick which can begin with a legitimate shuffly by a spectator is Gemini Twins (Karl Fulves). All the best with your magic!

Chris

Both of these are excellent suggestions. I also suggest "Spectator Does A Trick" in Card College Lighter by Giobbi.
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
spycrapper
View Profile
Loyal user
Indonesia
295 Posts

Profile of spycrapper
Aaah my first post after a long time break from Café..

actually there are so many effects that allow the deck be shuffled by spectator (as the first step). One that I read recently is Harry Lorayne's excellent STOP! trick.. you don't even have to touch the cards at all! I love it..
Magic is life

Ario A.
visit my blog:
http://amagicblog.wordpress.com
jazzmagician
View Profile
New user
Sonoma, California
7 Posts

Profile of jazzmagician
I want to extend my thanks to all of you your help. I have been playing to a tough audience (my family). They busted me once on the Chicago opener and now they ask to shuffle the cards every time. They also throughly inspect them before they shuffle. I figure I will do a few of these tricks first and then maybe they will get tired of shuffling all the time..
Thanks Again! Jazz
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
1926 - 2023
New York City
8558 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
Hey, my Stop! trick is fine, but it's one item from one of my books, and I've written many books JUST FOR YOU! harry l.
[email]harrylorayne@earthlink.net[/email]

http://www.harrylorayne.com
http://www.harryloraynemagic.com
jazzmagician
View Profile
New user
Sonoma, California
7 Posts

Profile of jazzmagician
Hi Harry,
Yes if you could point me in the right direction - perhaps a specific book or DVD that has the trick Stop! I would really appreciate it.
Thank you,
Jazz
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
If you are new to magic, and want to do cards, in my opinion there is no better source than Harry. We've used the phrase "Living Legend" once or twice in the Café, but Harry is a true Legend in the magic world!

One would do well by studying this man's work!

Doug
Mind
View Profile
New user
Bedfordshire, UK
76 Posts

Profile of Mind
KENT by Kenton Knepper is a good mind reading effect, the spectator can shuffle the cards as much as they like.
TomasB
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1144 Posts

Profile of TomasB
There's an overlooked trick in The Encyclopedia of Card Tricks under

"2. Abbott's Version. The Certain Card Trick"

which has a very good method. The effect is this:

Spectator shuffles and cuts the deck, lifts off a portion to peek at a card then cuts the deck again a few times. The spectator deals the deck in six piles and tells you which pile his card is in. The magician now knows which card the spectator peeked at.

At no time does the magician touch the cards.

The better you get the fewer piles you can have the spectator deal. If you omit having the spectator cut the deck after he has peeked a card, you have the same method as "Stop!".

/Tomas
BCaldwell
View Profile
Special user
is really regretting his
524 Posts

Profile of BCaldwell
I currently perform "Intro-Verted" by John Guastaferro, published in the March 2009 issue of Magic Magazine, in Joshua Jay's "Talk about Tricks" column. Instead of having four participants "pick a card, any card" I hand out the deck and have them select any card they want. The cards are returned to the deck and then revealed one at a time, each revelation using the previous card(s) to reveal the next. Excellent.
"...that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller Smile

~Bob~
spycrapper
View Profile
Loyal user
Indonesia
295 Posts

Profile of spycrapper
Quote:
On 2009-08-23 10:21, jazzmagician wrote:
Hi Harry,
Yes if you could point me in the right direction - perhaps a specific book or DVD that has the trick Stop! I would really appreciate it.
Thank you,
Jazz

It's on Close Up Card Magic.. And its updated version is in Classic Collection vol 1 which I'm dying to get one!
Magic is life

Ario A.
visit my blog:
http://amagicblog.wordpress.com
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
Devestation by Geoff Williams is a killer! The Spectator does all the work.

Mike
DWRackley
View Profile
Inner circle
Chattanooga, TN
1909 Posts

Profile of DWRackley
Good stuff here (taking notes!)

I'd have to add "You Do As I Do" with two (red & blue) decks.
...what if I could read your mind?

Chattanooga's Premier Mentalist

Donatelli and Company at ChattanoogaPerformers.com

also on FaceBook
guitarmagic
View Profile
Elite user
Southern Louisiana
425 Posts

Profile of guitarmagic
What a great trick of Harry Lorayne's, the "Stop Trick!" Outstanding . . .
Why is it that on one side of the world a person looks at a picture of the Grand Canyon and says, "it looks so real." At the same time on the other side of the world a person looks at the Grand Canyon and says, "it looks like a picture."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Spectator Shuffles the Cards (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL