The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Vampire killing kit (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
3042 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
Quote:
On 2009-08-22 19:09, SpellbinderEntertainment wrote:
You'll BITE George, oh lord I had now idea you were one.... of them!
Quick where can I buy a kit?

Magically,
Walt

Well, after seeing all the above, I'll be happy to make one up for you... if I ever catch up. Smile On the other hand, a side order of garlic fries might do it.
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
Van Helmont
View Profile
Elite user
488 Posts

Profile of Van Helmont
Who can I be of assistance here?
The Epiphany Before Christmas: this day (12/23/13) I leave the Café for good!
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
I was at a gun show a while back and a guy had one of these for sale!
It looked really cool and cost a little over $1000.

I took pictures of it on my cell phone and will try to upload them later.

Ray
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Quote:
On 2009-08-24 05:02, Van Helmont wrote:
Who can I be of assistance here?

Yop, give us a little feedback about your search of Blomberg, but keep some Surnateum info secret. Smile
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
George yes! There should also be a high-tech 21st century version of this….
with Garlic Fries and Ginsu Steak Knives included perhaps!
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
There is the 'AUTHENTIC'...and there is the Movie Prop version. The Authentic may need to be in a serious museum collection. The Movie Prop version is quite suitable for a Magic Act and need not be belittled. It's a theatrical PROP.

Also since Vampires are just as real now as they were then...the early version was also just a Theatrical Prop.

The conflict comes about only when providence is misrepresented...and when the more contemporary Props are over priced.

Just my 2 cents...no more than that.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Agreed, but for 10000 to 40000 $, you don't buy a movie prop. Some of those kits have been sold by Christie's for sums between 10 and 40k $.
And, if you present the kit as a real one, it must baffle the antiquarians, so be prepared with very solid argument.
If you make such a prop, it's interesting to be well documented, otherwise a simple plastic with holy water is good enough.

Plus garlic fries are an insult to Belgians and Belgium's most cherished gourmet speciality Smile
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
3042 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
Quote:
On 2009-08-24 14:19, The Curator wrote:
Plus garlic fries are an insult to Belgians and Belgium's most cherished gourmet speciality Smile

My humble apologies. Can we do wolfbane fries then?
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Wolfbane sounds rather poisonous...
But Belgian werewolves will appreciate.
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Completely agree Mr. Curator.The 'bogus' kits being overpriced (like I mentioned) are ridiculous.

I would encourage others though, if they have penchant to do so, to make Prop Kits for the many who are attracted to them. A $100 or $200 kit would be fun to have without breaking the bank and not challenge the 'Authentic' ones in the least. In fact make your own up...even using Antique Crosses and Antique Prayer books (mine cost $8 on eBay is in German and is perfect for the look.) it might cost $75 to do a nice one minus a pistol. Mine only lacks the Silver Bullet I want to include and the Pistol. But my personal kit will be an all purpose kit and do in the Wolfys as well. Smile

My kit will be strictly Universal Studios inspired. Smile
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
I made this one for my daughter's anniversary for less than 80$ there are 2 antique silver coins to cover the eyes of the defunct in the kit). And a Buffy Slayer kit is even less expensive.

The real Blomberg:

Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Nice kit!!! By the way I do NOT intend to make kits for sale. (Don't bother asking.)

What is that 'long' thing?
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
A stake and roses.
ghostgaff
View Profile
Regular user
North Carolina
106 Posts

Profile of ghostgaff
Curator, The red book in your picture posted above seemed oddly familiar, so I checked my own personal library, and I think I have an english edition in my own collection. I got it in some book store years ago. I got it mostly as a bit of a joke, but it ended up sparking an interest in vampires that has yet to leave me. It is a truly unique collection of vampire lore from all over the entire planet.
"The prince of darkness is a gentleman"-
"All the world's a stage, and the people merley actors."-
Shakespeare
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Yes, it's a funny little tome.
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
I always thought I might like an Anti-Giant Kit. But everything would have to be so big.
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
You just need a magic bean.
handa
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, PA
1357 Posts

Profile of handa
I resisted the urge to pick up a "sick kit" from the local church fair flea market last night. I may return if it is still there. They usually don't recycle consecrated items in such a manner.

This is the box that would contain oils and ritual materials for annointing. The containers are present, but devoid of oil and holy water, which may be one reason why it is on the table. It is also only five bucks.

The spiders living in the cobwebs of my brain this morning also thought it would be funny to see a "vampire killing kilt" outfitted with all of the stuff a holy highlander might need to dispatch Dracula. It is a little less funny now that the caffeine has kicked in, but interesting nonetheless.

Chris
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
The sound of bagpipes should be enough to scare the bloodsuckers.
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
"You just need a magic bean. "

I have no doubt that is THE most brilliant retort to a silly comment in the history of the Café. I am humbled.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Vampire killing kit (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL