The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Mentalism Walk Around (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
willrob999
View Profile
Regular user
UK
106 Posts

Profile of willrob999
Hi I have been off the magic scene for a couple of years. I am now looking for strolling menatlism magic. I know of two effects stealth and the starsign prediction. I am looking to add more to my repertoire. If you can give me advice on where I could locate walk around, strolling mentalism I will greatly appreciate it. Any books routines will be helpful.
snm
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of snm
Check out Mobile Mentalism 1 and 2 by Mark Strivings. Great books on this subject.
willrob999
View Profile
Regular user
UK
106 Posts

Profile of willrob999
Thanks that will help a lot
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of puggo
pearljamjeff
View Profile
Inner circle
Ann Arbor
1245 Posts

Profile of pearljamjeff
The great thing is... almost all mentalism is suitable for walk around. Most mentalism is done with a minimum of props, making it very suitable for strolling entertainment. Look up Richard Osterlind. Anything with his name on it will start you in the right direction.
Jeff Travilla - I own an advertising agency to help finance my magic addiction.
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
This is a great effect that I have been really enjoying doing lately, the best part is that it is a free PDF.It would make an excellent opener for a walk around mentalism set.

http://www.xmission.com/~zerowc/freebies......ght..pdf

Mike
rochaz
View Profile
Veteran user
I'm TORN.........
378 Posts

Profile of rochaz
Mike,
Thanks for the link!

:smiles:

Respectfully,
rochaz
- We do not want them to suspend disbelief in the way they would in theater and story. We want them to think critically and observe carefully. Our job is to force them to believe in magic even against their better judgment.”
Whit Hayden

:Juan R Rocha:
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
You are welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really enjoy the simplicity of the effect versus the reaction it gets.

Mike
Mediocre the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
Rich Hurley
1061 Posts

Profile of Mediocre the Great
In Synch by Terry Elton is a very strong mental effect. A great opener and it really is spooky. It's one of my very favorite strolling mental effects.

A volunteer is asked to touch any card in the deck as you fan them. The selected card is immediately removed from the deck. The deck is then turned over & shown to be a blue backed deck. The selected card is turned over & shown to be the only red card in the deck & on the back of the card is written "I knew you would pick the (whatever the name of the card is)"

http://www.themagicofterryelton.com/new_page_1.htm
Mediocrity is greatly under rated!
--------------------------------------------

Rich Hurley aka Mediocre The Great!
www.RichHurleyMagic.com
willrob999
View Profile
Regular user
UK
106 Posts

Profile of willrob999
Thanks I have come up with a few effects for a routine.This is what I have come up with In no particular order.

Copper Silver thought-thanks mike for the pdf
Common Scents- Peter Nardi Alakazam
Yes and No- Mark Leveridge
Kurotsuke-Max Maven
Osterlinds Watch Routine- Richard Osterlind
Osterlinds Perfect Center Tear.
Brainwave
The Directors Cut- Peter Nardi Alakazam
Magazine Test-Osterlind.

that's what I have come up with. If you can give me your feedback it will be much appreciated.

Mediocre the great the In-synch effect sounds good and I have e-mailed Terry Elton about purchasing it.
Chamberlain
View Profile
Special user
629 Posts

Profile of Chamberlain
Heres some mentalism effects using business cards (and cards/nail writer)

-Assertive Positive Negative (Guinn)
-Business Card Prophecy (Simon)
-Indication (Maven)
-Memory Lapse (Sankey)
-Number Reversal (Banachek)
-Picture/Number Duplication (Banachek/Spellman)
-Swami/Birthday Opener (Osterlind)
-This n That (Banachek)
-Bold Business (Kuffs)
-Street Cents (Gerard)
-Design Duplication (Penn)
-Four One to End (Hilford)
-Underhand Thoughts (Spellman)
-Feel (Spellman/Nardi)
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13415 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I have a small equivoque I do regularly when the opportunity presents itself.

I also am about to start doing a new idea with the Wow gimmick by Paul Gertner, from his lecture. Really great.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
fingercramp
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of fingercramp
Mike, thanks for the link. That's pretty cool.

-Brad
"Be safe, keep the faith, and don't let 'em tearrr ya down."- the dude at the gate
Ron Vergilio
View Profile
Special user
Murrieta, CA
835 Posts

Profile of Ron Vergilio
Nathan Kranzo's DRINK is perfect for walk around mentalism.

-Ron
May the magic in your life never disappear

*** Lou Serrano's Steel Ball Routine ***
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
Luna book test is great.
esp opener by Banachek
Anything with billets and a NW
I also prform an effect devised of luke jermays E.I. and outlaws first phase of reflections. With just 7 business cards I have a test that involves emotions that gets great reactions.
Richard Osterlinds BTC is great aswell.
kk By Kenton Knepper
As mentioned before this n that by Banachek is a great opener
Picture dupelication never fails
Hideout/stealth assassin or any p**k wallet
Daren
Twitter @darjames
Scott Burton
View Profile
Inner circle
1131 Posts

Profile of Scott Burton
Quote:
On 2009-08-24 13:11, snm wrote:
Check out Mobile Mentalism 1 and 2 by Mark Strivings. Great books on this subject.

Carefull on these! You can only get these from Mark directly. However, even though he will take your money, he won't send you the books. Seriously, he won't even answer my emails! (NOTE: if anyone has his phone number....please pm me...Thx!)
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4399 Posts

Profile of Paul
"Fortune" by Paul Hallas is also good in these conditions, along with "Warm Fuzzies Up Close" by Mark Strivings. Plenty of good suggestions above though.

Personally,I wouldn't have considered Kurotsuke for walk around but you do get groups big enough to use it for. Same with carrying a magazine around for a magazine test, though a small paperback can easily fit into an inner jacket pocket for a book test.

Consideration is for things that take up the least mount of room but will be used a lot with little reset (just as in table hopping close up). Whilst I've done it, was never a big fan of walk around mentalism in the UK for drunken company banquet crowds.

The best option is probably palmistry because you need NO props Smile
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
I have a gig tonight for 20 tables at a wedding reception and plan on doing the hoy book test. I found to small novels that fit into my coat pocket. Simple and direct mind reading for a table I believe.

Something along the lines of the bert reese billet routine I believe would work great if you get a nice presentation down

Daren
Twitter @darjames
Slepton
View Profile
New user
France
42 Posts

Profile of Slepton
I personally perform "Into the Abyss" by Oz Pearlman, "Universal Impression" by Robert Smith and "Coinvexed 2" (sharpie edition) by David Penn. Three effects that kill the audience. Of course, any sources like Osterlind, "Practical Mental Magic" (Annemann) or the "thirteen steps" of Corinda are the basis to read carefully before any live attempt.
Natanel
View Profile
Special user
739 Posts

Profile of Natanel
Quote:
On 2009-08-25 12:27, pearljamjeff wrote:
The great thing is... almost all mentalism is suitable for walk around. Most mentalism is done with a minimum of props, making it very suitable for strolling entertainment. Look up Richard Osterlind. Anything with his name on it will start you in the right direction.

+1 There isn't much mentalism that you can't do in walkaround.
People who work for Theory 11: Do you want a young guy without a stupid gelled haircut or eurotrash jeans for your videos? PM me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Mentalism Walk Around (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL