The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Monkey Reacts to Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
scaevola
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of scaevola
I put a cool video from youtube on my blog, I found it off reddit so I apologize if you have seen this before. This video is from a Japanese talk show, they have a monkey on the show and do some tricks for him. It is very interesting how the monkey reacts to the effects, pretty much just like a 3 or 4 year old would. The chimp definitely understands enough about liquids and glasses to be totally mystified! Check it out and let me know your thoughts.
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
188 Posts

Profile of R.S.
It's funny on so many levels. Thanks!

Ron
:)
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
I want a monkey...
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
When I was a little tiny kid in short pants and striped shirts I wanted a monkey cuz they had ads for them in the comics. My mothers friend had a squirrel monkey (I think that is the type) and I was finally allowed to go and see the lil' dude. I must have been four at the time but I remember this so clearly today... I was told to go in and sit down with my hands in my lap and to not talk or move or anything else and if and when the monkey came to me let it check me out and all that stuff. I walked in and there it was, the monkey, sitting in a planter staring at me. I sat on the couch, folded my hands in my lap and kept an eye on that sweet lil' monkey out of the corner of my eye as it slowly crept closer to me. Finally the lil' guy ran up my arm and bit the living #$%@#$ out of my face and ran off screaming! Years later I ate a monkey in Costa Rica....
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1868 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Ha. how did it taste?
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Even a monkey understands that if the coin isn't in the one hand it must be in the other one...
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Ha! Santa, a shared experience. (Not the eating though.) I also grew up with those comic book ads with the cute little Squirel Monkeys. Years and years later I visited a pet Shop in San Francisco and their it was.

IT lasted about 3 hours in my apartment before it went back to the store. This THING was EVIL head to toe but mostly butt. It crapped everywhere...when it was looked at, touched, talked to all the time screaming....being civilized, I returned the horrible little critter back to where it could retain it's food. Freakin' comic book ads! Imagine in how many homes this had happened in!

Of course later I found out the Squirell monkeys are nervous Nellys to the core.

In tribute, I put a chapter in Out Of The Dust featuring the little devils as if they were the result of Nazi science experiments.

Disappointment strikes deep.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Santa: Hehehe! Funny!

Great observation Gaddy!

Lyndel
scaevola
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of scaevola
I personally wouldn't go showing a monkey that I am ok if you thrust a sword through my neck.
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Anyone notice how the monkey and the old man had matching outfits?
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Please note that was an ape and they drink beer. Ask if you wanna know how I know that.

Monkey actually is pretty good, better than goat in the gamey department.
scaevola
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of scaevola
True, ape not a monkey. Normally I am good about this sort of thing. Sorry guys.
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Potato-potahto...
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1868 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Ok, how do you know that santa?
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2009-08-25 12:39, scaevola wrote:
I personally wouldn't go showing a monkey that I am ok if you thrust a sword through my neck.

Early "Post of the Year" nominee.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Quote:
On 2009-08-26 17:42, kcg5 wrote:
Ok, how do you know that santa?

Apes lack a tail but this animal was wearing coveralls! (so you can't tell if he has a tail or not) Please share how you know magicsanta. Smile
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
1982ish, Senegal West Africa. We volunteered to do some painting on public buildings and during lunch a chimp came over, a wild chimp, and sat with us in the shade. He took some food (you stop him) and then grabbed a beer and drank it. He had a couple more beers, maybe three. We got up to go back to work and the lil' guy was sleeping under the tree. So, chimps drink beer and they will bite your hand off.
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Stooge.

the chimp is in on it.
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Quote:
On 2009-08-27 04:14, Nicholas J. Johnson wrote:
Stooge.

the chimp is in on it.

OF COURSE! I thought I recognized him! He's in the audience in a lot of the old Stevens Magic Emporium videos!

Lyndel
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Planet of the Bewildered Ape.

Nice.

Wish some human kids were that easily controlled as an audience... Smile

Thanks!
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Monkey Reacts to Magic (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL