The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Balloon Magic (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Zakari Asiago
View Profile
Regular user
Panhandle of Florida
183 Posts

Profile of Zakari Asiago
What are some good effects using balloons? It can be any type of balloon, rounds, 260's, 350's, etc.
Zakari Asiago

401 South Ave.

Fort Walton Beach, FL 32547
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
There has been only a few balloon tricks published over the years.

1. Spikes thru Balloon is good.
2. Spike or Rod thru Balloons and arm is good but no longer available.
3. Abbott's Floating Balloon is Super.
4. Any of the Balloons on tray effects ending with a card in Balloon, Stevens comes to mind as the best for the money that always works. Derek Dingle has a published version in one of his books using the hands and no tray.
5. Card in Balloon on Stand.
6. The Famous Needle thru Balloon Doug Henning made famous.
7. Silk in Balloon, originally by Supreme Magic and now a good version with aluminum stand is made by Morrissey Products. There has been other methods described on video.
8. Marconic's cut and restored balloon in his book.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Magic Hands from Germany at one time made a Champagne bottle from balloon.

Someone makes a Balloon Dagger Headchest.

Michael Bairefoot has a Coin in Balloon on DVD (round balloon).

I think Kenton Knepper has a different version using an animal balloon.

Jay Sankey's "Airtight" is a very powerful "Card in Balloon", where the entire deck winds up inside the balloon, and you can give it away as a souvenier.

Tom Mullica had a great bit using a wad of chewing gum that changed to an animal balloon. It is probably in his book, "Showtime at the Tom Foolery".

There is also a Sankey routine using a balloon as a secret device to change a chewed wad of gum into a new piece still in the wrapper. It seems I recall someone else was doing something similar more recently... maybe Jim Pace?? Not sure.

David Harkey had a routine published where a balloon is transformed into a pool ball. Excellent trick. I use this all the time.

Jeff McBride lectured on a routine where a "bubble" from a partially inflated animal balloon was plucked off the balloon and then restored.

Balloons have also been used in a variety of ways where they are secret gimmicks, and not necessarily seen by the audience.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
isaacfawlkes
View Profile
Loyal user
FL
256 Posts

Profile of isaacfawlkes
Check out Jeff Hobson's Balloon Bag.
I have used it for years on kid and adult shows with great response.
It can be found on "Jeff Hobson Live" Video and on his lecture video "Exposed"
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
I second that. Jeff Hobson's Balloon Bag is a great routine. I use it all the time and always gets laughs.
Russell Scoggin
View Profile
Loyal user
Lubbock, Texas
257 Posts

Profile of Russell Scoggin
Dove In Balloon might be commonplace with us magicians, but it's an absolutely great effect for lay audiences. Also a comical and amazing trick using animal balloons is "Deep" by Justin Meitz. Balloon Detective by Devin Knight is also unique and a very good routine. Then bill in balloon routines are great also. Anytime you borrow someone's bill and it reappears somewhere, it seems to always play great to an audience.
Zakari Asiago
View Profile
Regular user
Panhandle of Florida
183 Posts

Profile of Zakari Asiago
Thanks for the info everyone.... it has gotten my brain working...
Zakari Asiago

401 South Ave.

Fort Walton Beach, FL 32547
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
"Pressure" is a nice effect on DVD, with a round balloon. I put a deck of cards in a balloon.

There's a nice card in balloon version in Tarbell, which is worth a look. I perform a version of it in my show and it's performed in the hands.
Chad Long
View Profile
V.I.P.
229 Posts

Profile of Chad Long
I love Harkey's balloon to pool ball effect! Another one I used to do all the time was "Animated Card Through Balloon of Death" by Kevin James. It's GREAT...
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I forgot the name of the trick. But Max Maven created the routine where it seems like a bubble of the 260 can be taking off.
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1715 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
Abbotts demos their Doves thru Glass using a balloon. I don't have personal experience with this but it looks great!

Dan.
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
Checkout Pavels dvd on silks , he has a couple of balloon tricks, very good.
MichaelOzMagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Des Moines, Iowa
234 Posts

Profile of MichaelOzMagic
Of course the balloon swallow and the self inflating ballon gimmick used by feilding west in his lecture and on his dvd!
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
Billoon by Mark Jenest.
Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2487 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
The sam sandler color changing balloon
and color change balloon to silk then to dove
sam sandler- America's only full-time DEAF Illusionist
http://www.samsandler.com
http://www.deafinitelymagic.com
Russell Scoggin
View Profile
Loyal user
Lubbock, Texas
257 Posts

There is a new mental balloon effect that just came out called "Bloon". It's out on the Hocus-Pocus site right now. It's about setting a balloon on a table and then causing it to pop whenever you want to without touching it.
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1437 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
Anyone seen Bloon? I am unclear on the ACTUAL look of it. Is the balloon near the box or can it be held? I wold like to see what the set up is (not the gimmick) when this is performed.
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2247 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
Russell Scoggin
View Profile
Loyal user
Lubbock, Texas
257 Posts

From the video clip, it looks like you actually set the balloon on top of the box. Might be wrong here, but that's what it looks like.
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2247 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
I think so as well. I don't see ANYONE questioning this however. It's just a box of balloons that you set down and then you place a balloon down on top of it as well. There's nothing to suspect. I REALLY like this. It's too expensive for me right now though.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Balloon Magic (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL