The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Silk vanish (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
How many of you do a silk vanish by the standard(TT) method while table hopping?

Thanks,
Mike
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Hard to believe but I have never used a TT.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1890 Posts

Profile of slyhand
I use it for other things but never use it for that.
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
greatscott
View Profile
Special user
595 Posts

Profile of greatscott
I have done the TT silk vanish at restaurants, but not that often.
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
4071 Posts

I'm trying to get an idea of how many people do this on a regular basis?

A TT is a swiss army knife when it comes to magic, I myself rarely do a silk vanish with it.

I'm sure all the table hoppers are waking up about now & getting ready to go perform, hopefully a few can give me an answer before they walk out the door Smile

Thanks,
Mike
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
4071 Posts

41 people have looked at this & only 1 does a TT silk vanish?

So, I'm thinking that many people don't do it.

Mike
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13385 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I do a silk/tt at every show I do.
strolling, stand-up, whatever

Why do you feel you need to ask others?
How do you feel about it?
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Yah Frank, I wondered, "What's the point?"
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, Pa
2927 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
I use this all the time when in restaurants...gives some meaning to vanishing a silk. http://www.kenscottproducts.com/RabbitNHat.html
I do get a lot of mileage out of it.
If you can't help worrying, remember worrying can't help you!
DGillam
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of DGillam
OK then, I do this quite often too especially when younger children are at the table. I usually follow this with a color changing silk routine using a thumb tip for the adults and older children at the table, by this time the younger children are following along too.
derrick
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug holes for
1044 Posts

Profile of derrick
I've been performing close-up and restaurant magic at least once a week for the past 22 years and I still nearly always carry it and use it when the time is right. Done correctly it can still kill those who think they are in the know.
greatscott
View Profile
Special user
595 Posts

Profile of greatscott
Derrick, do you do your rabbit in the hat silks (without the bigger wands, I'm sure) at the restaurant, or just a simple silk vanish?
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
4071 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-08-27 19:15, Frank Starsini wrote:
I do a silk/tt at every show I do.
strolling, stand-up, whatever

Why do you feel you need to ask others?
How do you feel about it?

Quote:
On 2009-08-27 21:24, Pete Biro wrote:
Yah Frank, I wondered, "What's the point?"

I was just curious about it because I saw a bunch of little magic kits at the dollar store in a see through blister packs with a TT & silk. The next time I went back, every single one was gone. I know that a TT is much exposed tool that comes in just about every beginners magic kit. I use them all the time, but not usually for vanishing a silk.

That is why I felt the need to ask others.

As for how I feel about it, it's a great effect. I only do it on ocassion, but was thinking about doing it more & simply thought I would ask others how they felt about it.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize the question needed to be explained. I thought it was pretty straight forward Smile

Thanks,
Mike
derrick
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug holes for
1044 Posts

Profile of derrick
I never use the rabbit out of the hat trick in walk around. I simply carry a diamond cut bright pink silk. Take a paper napkin and make it into an inpromptu silent puppet. I pull the silk from the middle of the napkin being carful not to tear it, then show it has no holes. Then again push a the napkin into my fist but this time make munchy noises that make it seem like the napkin is enjoying its meal of fresh silk hanky. Steal away the TT but the napkin is still munching away. By the time I show the napkin free and clear of holes or silks the TT has long been put away. I think it works better than the rabbit out of the hat and all I have to have is one silk and TT to keep up with.

Derrick
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
4071 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-08-28 14:15, derrick wrote:
I never use the rabbit out of the hat trick in walk around. I simply carry a diamond cut bright pink silk. Take a paper napkin and make it into an inpromptu silent puppet. I pull the silk from the middle of the napkin being carful not to tear it, then show it has no holes. Then again push a the napkin into my fist but this time make munchy noises that make it seem like the napkin is enjoying its meal of fresh silk hanky. Steal away the TT but the napkin is still munching away. By the time I show the napkin free and clear of holes or silks the TT has long been put away. I think it works better than the rabbit out of the hat and all I have to have is one silk and TT to keep up with.

Derrick

Very nice Smile

I do a silk vanish in to another silk when I do kid shows, the silk ends up in an empty purse a child is holding.

The kids love it.

Mike
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
Quote:
On 2009-08-27 14:34, Pete Biro wrote:
Hard to believe but I have never used a TT.

:wow: BUT anyway you r Great!

I use the vanish of a silk sometimes, when the group is about more than 10 people and I don't do a Multiple Selection Card Routine!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13385 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Quote:
On 2009-08-28 12:16, Michael Peterson wrote:
I'm sorry, I didn't realize the question needed to be explained. I thought it was pretty straight forward Smile

Thanks,
Mike

It doesn't need to be explained but creating a discussion about your concerns can certainly help. Tom Burgoon wrote about how he uses it in his lecture notes.
The napkin idea is a great one. Cellini's color change is great. There are tons of ways to do the same trick and leave the evidence far behind so even those that bought the trick off the rack would think... "hmm.. I wonder what he's using for THAT version of the trick. when I find out I'll buy that too".

I'll bet if you had the pat page DVD on the TT you wouldn't have any questions about it. *hint* Smile
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
4071 Posts

Thanks Frank, I just wanted to now what others thought.

I am well aware of the differen't methods for the effect, I'm not looking for more instructional material or differen't ways to do the effect.

Mike
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20498 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
The diamond cut silk has brought new life to TT vanishing of silk. And I'll have to agree that it blows the doors off the 9" square silk.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
dlachance
View Profile
Veteran user
Mississippi
343 Posts

Profile of dlachance
I do a three phase silk vanish with TT all the time at restaurants, walk around, etc. And Bob... I use the diamond cut silk.

Had someone ask me once if I did the trick with the TT. Seems they saw the masked idiot do it on TV. I said "no, but I do something similar" I proceeding to do my three phase routine using the TT and left them with there mouth wide open... "How did you do that".

All the best,
Dorian
-Dorian LaChance
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Silk vanish (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL