The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Devil's Pitcher by Kevin Curtin (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
WOW!!! I just watched a video demo of The Devil's Pitcher by Kevin Curtin on the Hocus-Pocus.com site.
This effect is simply AMAZING!!
I watched the demo over and over and had absolutely NO CLUE how it was done.
I have been looking for something POWERFUL as a mentalism demonstration for years and have finally found it.
I called up Paul at Hocus-Pocus begging for the method but the only way was to make the purchase...so I did.
And the method...
BEYOND DIABOLICAL!!!
Of course I will not leak the method but it important to realize the TABLE OR CLEAR BOX IS NOT GIMMICKED IN ANYWAY!!
The spectator is absolutely SAFE at all times!
So much more to say but I will end by saying Kevin Curtin is BRILLIANT and deserves some serious kudos on this one.
Take a look and see.
COOL STUFF!
Chance
Creator of Wacky Wolf Productions & Fine Collectibles

A DECADE of building Magic and we're just getting started!

http://www.wolfsmagic.com
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1346 Posts

Profile of Piz
Here's the link...

http://www.hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/

Sorry, don't have 3 G's laying around!

Looks cool though Smile
Steven70s
View Profile
Regular user
The Netherlands
181 Posts

Profile of Steven70s
Oh wow, nice effect. But wwaaaayyy to expensive for me
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1346 Posts

Profile of Piz
^^^ LOL you can't even afford Handout 500! And that has 3 less zero's then what this trick cost! You better add a couple more "A's" and "Y's" in your word "wwaaaayyy"! hahahahaha

Just bustin your B*lls my friend Smile
Steven70s
View Profile
Regular user
The Netherlands
181 Posts

Profile of Steven70s
Wwaaaaaaaaayyyyyy to expenisve then Smile

btw; It would be pretty cool if Handout500 would cost only 3 bucks!)
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Yes, Kevin is brilliant. He was part of our original group on MAGIC!. The archives is being put up at http://mfbtw.com.

-=tabman
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

http://Sefalaljia.com
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5648 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2009-08-27 18:40, Chance Wolf wrote:
I watched the demo over and over and had absolutely NO CLUE how it was done.

Smile

This seems to be exactly like the Devils Cola Bottle. In this case, instead of dropping a shred of glass & shaking the bottle, looks like a ball bearing is dropped. Without striking/ scratching the inner surface the Bologna bottle effect will not take place.

Just a guess! Smile Smile

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1037 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
Amazing effect and simple too, lots of potential here. For starters I wouldn't use that plastic glove, looks like something the people in grocery stores wear, I would use a beefy hardware-type glove to play up the danger a little.
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Quote:
On 2009-08-27 21:33, Mac_Stone wrote:...I would use a beefy hardware-type glove to play up the danger a little.

That's good and maybe some eye protection!! I would dress her up in a lab apron too. Smile
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

http://Sefalaljia.com
AaronishMagic
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of AaronishMagic
It looks like the devil's bottle effect but 3 times the price. Is there any difference between the two effects aside from the size of the glass container used?
torontomike
View Profile
New user
Toronto
9 Posts

Profile of torontomike
Quote:
On 2009-08-27 23:29, AaronishMagic wrote:
It looks like the devil's bottle effect but 3 times the price. Is there any difference between the two effects aside from the size of the glass container used?

It does not seem like there is any notable difference, just $2000 dollars more, and a bigger thing to explode.. Looks like you'd be better off just buying Devil's bottle. You can even figure it out from watching the demo.

- TM
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1346 Posts

Profile of Piz
Quote:
On 2009-08-27 20:26, Steven70s wrote:
Wwaaaaaaaaayyyyyy to expenisve then Smile

btw; It would be pretty cool if Handout500 would cost only 3 bucks!)

No, Handout 500 is $35, this is $3,000 (3 less zero's) Smile I win! lol

BTW, the Devils bottle is more in my price range. I would actually prefer the Devils Bottle over the Pitcher, there is less glass involved and you get the same effect.
Silvio
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of Silvio
I will go with Devil's bottle. This pitcher thing doesn't seem to be any revolutionary or groundbreaking. And seems that they apply the same method too.
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6167 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Let me explain something... PLEASE. Every time the Devil's Bottle is talked about I get a few dozen PMs about it. Now I'm also getting PMs about this.

I am NO LONGER ASSOCIATED with this product. Kevin Curtin is the inventor of it. His family manufactures it and does the marketing.

I was only involved in the initial marketing over 4 years ago. I CANNOT answer your questions about this.

If you have any questions then write to: maryhcurtin@yahoo.com

Thank you.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
nabil
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of nabil
Ditto what Greg said. Please no more emails about this or the Devil's bottle! I can't sell it to you! It's right there on hocus-pocus.com, and they are a fantastic shop.

The Devil's Bottle is GREAT. I used to help sell it, then I just went ahead and bought it. Smile Just read the testimonials!

Don't like the price? Don't buy it! Guys who bought the bottle for $1k were so happy that it wasn't going to be performed by a million guys at every local bar. Same thing goes for the pitcher.

I think the use of the shield is absolutely brilliant.
Paul Gross
View Profile
Special user
574 Posts

Profile of Paul Gross
Hello,

As Greg and Nabil have both said...The Devil's Pitcher is a Hocus Pocus exclusive that can only be purchased from us. If you have any questions about this or the Devil's Cola Bottle please send them directly to me at sales@hocus-pocus.com or call Toll Free 1-800-407-4040. I will be happy to give you any information you need about either of these two fantastic effects.

Best regards
Paul Gross
Owner
Hocus Pocus
Best Regards,

Paul Gross

Owner

http://www.hocus-pocus.com
Mike Webb
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of Mike Webb
Can it be done without putting your left hand in that awkward gay position each time? Smile
TheTableTopTrixta
View Profile
Special user
Northampton UK
733 Posts

Profile of TheTableTopTrixta
Hahahahaha!
Aftereight
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of Aftereight
Hi, I don't get it. It is called The Devil's pitcher. Does that mean that you have to use only pitchers, which is quite expensive to buy them all the time and hard to find if you are on a ship. There is also the problem of transporting pitchers for more performances. Now I believe you can use bottles insted of the pitcher but then it is better to buy Devil's Bottle which cost less money. So it would be nice if somebody could explain what is the diference? Do you have to be so close to the pitcher? If yes isn't than better to buy ELECTRONIC Crasher which cost 200$ or Boulevard 54 which cost 250$ - they are both more safe and cheeper.

Thanks, Matt
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2682 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
I think the biggest difference between the pitcher and the bottle is simply the SOUND! The sound of the pitcher breaking is very startling, and I assume would be much more impactful.

P.
Brand New: - MICRO VANISHING STATUE OF LIBERTY ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.tenyoelite.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Devil's Pitcher by Kevin Curtin (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL