The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » I'm NOT a bum (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Mark Ennis
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC
1030 Posts

Profile of Mark Ennis
Quote:
On 2009-08-29 16:35, MickeyPainless wrote:
Man, the come back lines for this chick could be priceless! "2 bucks?????, Tough night on the pole (corner, back, etc etc) huh"? I reckon there's a good reason I'm not worker! Smile


Also a prime example of why you are also not a comedian.
ME
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1871 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
Women in their twenties have a thing against "friendly" men. It's instinctual. They cannot help it.

They mellow out by their mid-thirties
cairo
View Profile
Veteran user
398 Posts

Profile of cairo
Teens of both ages are the worst. Anyone ever work a Bar Mitzva?
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5700 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Young women tend are often too stupid to know a nice assertive guy, when they see one, so they tend to date jerks. Hence, the glass ceiling in society. I often date women in their twenties, so you can't cut them slack if you're going to enjoy your life.

I hope the guy had the guts to dump the woman! If he tolerated her for long, he's nothing but a doormat. If a woman that I was with ever did that, I'd let her have it! She'd be in for a swift, tongue lashing.

Sure, there are people in society who embarass those around them. We don't have to recognize any right, on their part, to exist that way.
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5699 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
Quote:
On 2009-08-30 12:05, Alan Munro wrote:
I often date women in their twenties, so you can't cut them slack if you're going to enjoy your life.


Just the other morning I was awoken to a 20 year old women banging on my door. I finally got up and let her out! Good times...
In Mystery,


Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5700 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On 2009-08-30 12:19, Christopher Lyle wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-08-30 12:05, Alan Munro wrote:
I often date women in their twenties, so you can't cut them slack if you're going to enjoy your life.


Just the other morning I was awoken to a 20 year old women banging on my door. I finally got up and let her out! Good times...

They can't figure out how to open a lock from the inside, unless they can do it with their Iphone. Smile When I was a kid, our dogs even knew how to open the door, to let themselves out!
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1871 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
Remember as performers, we are at a natural disadvantage here. We MUST be "friendly."

Super friendly

Sometimes annoyingly friendly

After a job, I immediately rid myself of all "friendliness" and get back to being the grump that I was born to be
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Wow!! Women are great. What's the matter with you guys??? Smile

-=tabman
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

http://Sefalaljia.com
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
Quote:
On 2009-08-30 12:05, Alan Munro wrote:
Young women tend are often too stupid to know a nice assertive guy, when they see one, so they tend to date jerks...I often date women in their twenties...


;)
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2888 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Quote:
On 2009-08-29 13:49, Adam1975 wrote:
Im not a bum! didn't Gus Gorman say those very words in Superman III ? Smile


Wow...good memory! Smile
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Quote:
On 2009-08-30 10:26, Mark Ennis wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-08-29 16:35, MickeyPainless wrote:
Man, the come back lines for this chick could be priceless! "2 bucks?????, Tough night on the pole (corner, back, etc etc) huh"? I reckon there's a good reason I'm not worker! Smile


Also a prime example of why you are also not a comedian.


Ouch, did someone else have a tough night on the pole? Smile

MMc
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11157 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Quote:
On 2009-08-30 18:58, MickeyPainless wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-08-30 10:26, Mark Ennis wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-08-29 16:35, MickeyPainless wrote:
Man, the come back lines for this chick could be priceless! "2 bucks?????, Tough night on the pole (corner, back, etc etc) huh"? I reckon there's a good reason I'm not worker! Smile


Also a prime example of why you are also not a comedian.


Ouch, did someone else have a tough night on the pole? Smile

MMc


Oh, Mickey... I soooo hope I read that correctly!!! Smile
~michael baker
The Magic Company
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1871 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
Why are we even entertaining "insulting come backs"? The guy would have lost his job. This girl was obviously high strung, defensive, and maybe even a touch psychotic. Insulting her back would have been the worst thing in the world.

Did you get paid that night?

Do you still work at the restaurant?

If you can answer "yes" to both of these questions, then it's her problem, not yours.

Actually it's her boyfriend's problem...poor guy's gotta put up with her night and day
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5699 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
Quote:
On 2009-08-30 19:11, VernonOnCoins wrote:
Why are we even entertaining "insulting come backs"?


Becauase we all need to VENT and their funny to read!

Christopher Lyle
KING of the Venters!
In Mystery,


Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
Bryanpier
View Profile
New user
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
62 Posts

Profile of Bryanpier
Quote:
On 2009-08-30 19:28, Christopher Lyle wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-08-30 19:11, VernonOnCoins wrote:
Why are we even entertaining "insulting come backs"?


Becauase we all need to VENT and their funny to read!

Christopher Lyle
KING of the Venters!


Exactly. They're just for a laugh. Anyone who actually used one would certainly have a short lived career, at least at that venue.
If pro is opposite of con, then what is opposite of progress?
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Vernon,

I for one am only playin as I'm sure are some others! Levity cures many ails!

Michael,

That DOES look odd doesn't it! Oh well, not a worker, not a comedian and obviously a lousy comedy writer as well! Smile

MMc
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5700 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On 2009-08-30 21:56, Bryanpier wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-08-30 19:28, Christopher Lyle wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-08-30 19:11, VernonOnCoins wrote:
Why are we even entertaining "insulting come backs"?


Becauase we all need to VENT and their funny to read!

Christopher Lyle
KING of the Venters!


Exactly. They're just for a laugh. Anyone who actually used one would certainly have a short lived career, at least at that venue.

I don't know. I sometimes do insult humor and I get invited back. But, sometimes you have to say something in an offhanded way to keep one person from spoiling the atmosphere. I've certainly seen patrons who management would have ejected for ruining the dining experience for others.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
One of the problems with forum communication is that inflection doesn't show through and even with the smileys what is intended as humor often comes across as rude or mean spirited!
greatscott
View Profile
Special user
595 Posts

Profile of greatscott
I think there have been some pretty good comebacks here. Although we wouldn't actually use them on the customers, they are still great. Keep them coming. We do need times, and places to vent every now and then.
Mark Ennis
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC
1030 Posts

Profile of Mark Ennis
Quote:
On 2009-08-30 18:58, MickeyPainless wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-08-30 10:26, Mark Ennis wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-08-29 16:35, MickeyPainless wrote:
Man, the come back lines for this chick could be priceless! "2 bucks?????, Tough night on the pole (corner, back, etc etc) huh"? I reckon there's a good reason I'm not worker! Smile


Well played !! Smile

Also a prime example of why you are also not a comedian.


Ouch, did someone else have a tough night on the pole? Smile

MMc


Well played !!
ME
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » I'm NOT a bum (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL