The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Improved ultimate brainwave by solari magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
johnnyb
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of johnnyb
I just got bob solaris new improve brainwave
WELL ALL I CAN SAY IS WOW! THIS WILL FOOL THE **** OUT OF MAGICIANS AND LAY PEOPLE
REG DECK OF CARDS AND ONLY 2 CARDS ARE ROUGH AS SOLARI HAS IN HIS AD
THIS TRICK IS EASY AND SO GOOD IT IS EVEN BETTER WHEN YOU FOOL MAGICIANS
FREELY SELECT CARD NO FUNNY MOVES
I ALSO BOUGHT A FEW OTHER ITEMS I WILL GIVE YOU A REVIEW ON
Dave1216
View Profile
Loyal user
286 Posts

Profile of Dave1216
I agree. I have played with this for about a week and I have to say it is a very well thought-out gimmick.

I should note that this is not a "wild-new-crazy-high-tech" product. It is very basic but it gets the job done well. And, for $15, you really can't go wrong. In an age of $30 one-trick DVD's that you watch and never use, this product will go into your rotation.

David Corsaro
My new DVD ("The magic of David Corsaro") is now available from your favorite dealer. Watch the DVD that Daryl, Jon Allen, Shawn Farquhar, Boris Wild, Marc DeSouza, Asi Wind and Paul Green ALL ENDORSE.

Visit www.timetobeawesome.com to watch the new weekly Video Blog for magicians, "Time to be awesome."
Watchmaker
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of Watchmaker
Are you saying you use it the same way (same effects) as a normal brainwave deck, or is it a different effect? I mean there are really no "funny moves" with a normal brainwave, it's just sort of a one hit wonder.

In other words is it called a brainwave because it somewhat uses the same principle but the effect is different?
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
I love the Brainwave deck, actually need to order me another Smile

I'm going to get this, I want it, but can't find it anywhere other then UK shops. Any U.S shops selling this yet?
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5675 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Using the same principle, can Bob's Brainwave Deck be converted into an Invisible Deck as well? (i.e. without any or slight modification).

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1511 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
No - using Bobs principle you will not be able to do the invisible deck the way his brainwave is done but this is the best brainwave out there. His effects are priced right and ones you will use. I have a few of his effects and they are all simple in design but pack a punch in performance. I can honestly say you will not be disappointed his Solari's effects.
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
Watchmaker
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of Watchmaker
My opinion is the Invisible deck is a little better than the Brainwave although I like it as well.

For fifteen bucks it's worth a look.
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
He performs this differently in the Demo then what he has written in the description of the effect. In the description the spec never announces there card, they touch it, in the Demo one of the first thing he ask them to do is name it. No biggy, I would prefer the touch, just don't understand why he would do it differently then as described.

Here's the demo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fd3as6UQ-w

Here's the description:

"The performer places a blue backed card case on the table. The performer asks the spectator to merely think of any card but not to announce it. The performer removes the blue deck from it's case. The performer slowly spreads the cards face up between his hands asking the spectator to simply touch the face of the card they are thinking of. This thought of card is never announced by the spectator. The touched card is removed from the spread and placed face up on the table. The remainder of the deck is turned face down and spread on the table showing all blue backs. The thought of card is turned over showing it to have a red back! The description of this effect is 100% accurate! Points: The cards remain face up throughout the selection. The spectator never announces the name of their thought of card. No force of any kind is used. Any card may be thought of. There are no restrictions! Resets instantly! Special deck does most of the work for you. Does it use roughing fluid? Yes, but only on two cards! Once you use my method, you will never use another Brainwave deck! "

:)
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1891 Posts

Profile of slyhand
Not wild about taking it out then putting it back in as in the demo.

The description sounds better but does not match the demo.

Is the demo the correct version?
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5675 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Please see the demo video, then read the description and all should be clear.

The description says "The touched card is removed from the spread and placed face up on the table."

Yes, in the description, just before the card is placed on the table he skips to mention a step. And that has caused a bit of confusion.

I must say - Very clever thinking on the part of Bob Solari.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
TrickeryMagic
View Profile
New user
NJ
77 Posts

Profile of TrickeryMagic
Actually...you don't really have to lose the card back into the deck as Bob demonstrated.
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3210 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
The card can be named or just touched. I prefer to not have it named (does not matter either way) I like to spread face up showing a normal deck of well shuffled Bicycle playing cards. They freely touch any card. You then continue from there. Very good effect and easy to do.Recommended.
Nothing Personal-Strictly Business
Jon Allen
View Profile
V.I.P.
England
1718 Posts

Profile of Jon Allen
So the *Ultimate* Brainwave... has been improved?

That's funny!
Paragon 3D - the most incredible Card to Clear Box you will ever own. Be fooled here: http://youtu.be/GQxRZ1OGkUo
The Silent Treatment - Digital Edition: this iconic routine just got upgraded! Watch - http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=phTDUhX0m9o
Order the bar-raising DVD set 'Connection' at www.onlinemagicshop.co.uk
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
This is very similar to the "Chicago Opener", but with that you end clean.

Don't get me wrong I really like this, and most likely will pick it up (to support the creator), although I figured it out quite easily.
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1511 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
Solari's method is simple and direct and lets you concentrate on the presentation as most of his effects do not require any sleight of hand. The gimmick can be added or taken away as needed. Great effect Bob keep them coming!
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1513 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
Bob has a great mind and I like all his effects. His misers dream is brilliant. He keeps coming up with practical and easy effects that are priced right. I had the privilege to be a dealer next to him at the Magi-fest this year. Bob is a terrific guy and I highly recommend his effects. I wish I had his ability to come up with effects.

Ron
tgplano
View Profile
Special user
Ted Gillam
614 Posts

Profile of tgplano
Can the spectator handle the selected card?
Mentalism for the Metroplex
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3210 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
The card is shown cleanly on both sides. It is not wise with this method to let the spec handle it. I know discussions on specs handling props gimmicked or not has been discussed many times around the Café with many valid points on both ends of the thought around this. In this effect, there is no reason for them to have to handle the selected card as its just so clean, fair and moveless. Quick answer tgplano is no.
Nothing Personal-Strictly Business
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Do you know Michael Vincent's "Brainwave My Way" which is shown and explained in his DVDs? It's done with an ordinary deck and also ends up clean.
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
4979 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
If you like Brainwave or Invisible Deck effects, check this out!
Allan Ackerman´s "Impromptu Ultra Mental" Done with an ordinary deck or a borrowed one. [Las Vegas Card Expert - DVD]
On the same DVD you have this effect: Marlo's Double Brainwave Update. Also done with ordinary cards.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Improved ultimate brainwave by solari magic (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL