The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Erdnase color change? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6156 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On 2009-09-01 18:06, fridoliina89 wrote:
Hello!

I have a question about the Erdnase color change.

Which way is the right way to do it? I have seen some magicians push the card forward and then do the move, and then I have seen some magicians push the deck back except the top card and then do the move.

Study John Carney's work on this change written in Carneycopia. Also, Jay Sankey has a different but equally effective technique.

Which is the right way to do it?
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6156 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Study John Carney's work on this change written in Carneycopia. Also, Jay Sankey has a different but equally effective technique.
Jupiter47
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of Jupiter47
Quote:
On 2009-09-02 11:28, weapon wrote:
Check out marnase change, tweaked by mr marlo..
you push the card forward.. and it changes outjogged on top of the deck.. very nice..

That sounds like something Alex Elmsley has written up in his Collected Works. Volume I I think
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1557 Posts

Profile of Futureal
Sankey uses it all the time professionally.

Well, it's all over his work and in routines that he says he performs for real people. He does it very well too.
ttorres
View Profile
Special user
Rock Hill, SC
513 Posts

Profile of ttorres
Just to be clear I am a big fan of Sankey. That said, when I see him do the Erdnase color change I can't help but think that everyone watching knows exactly how it is accomplished. Now I am not saying that he doesn’t perform the actions extremely well. On the contrary, but the moves look (to me) like exactly what he is doing.
...the magic that creates Memories!
jim ferguson
View Profile
Loyal user
Ayrshire, Scotland
203 Posts

Profile of jim ferguson
Quote:
On 2009-09-02 13:34, TomasB wrote:
Pushing the deck back to keep the card in the same place is a Larry Jennings finesse which I think is great.

/Tomas
I came up with a similar idea, however I'm not familiar with Mr Jennings method so I don't know how similar. I don't move either hand during the get ready. I turn slightly to the left and hold the cards to face the audince (like the way Michael Vincent displays the cards in 'Up the Sleeve') and slowly cover the card to be changed in a sort of 'book'fashion with my right hand. The left forefinger curls slightly and pushes the cards towards me. Because the finger was curled the cards bevel slightly leaving the top and bottom cards in the exact same place. All this takes but a second and there is no visible movement to those watching. If this method is very similar or, god forbid, the same as Mr Jennings then please accept my humblest appoligies and delete my post. Jim
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
2906 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
A great get-ready I've been using for years is to cup the hand as it's lowered onto the deck... once you've got pressure on the top card, flatten your hand.... the top card should naturally push itself forward.
Follow Michael Kras on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/KrasMagic

Check out The Kras Change at Vanishing Inc Magic! http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-downloads/ebooks/kras-change/
TStone
View Profile
V.I.P.
Stockholm, Sweden
733 Posts

Profile of TStone
Tomas Blomberg and myself did some cosmetic work on the Erdnase color change some years ago - which I later documented in the ebook "Plots, Spells & Typos".
Here's an early practice clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4JR7g5nJbs
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26991 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Hmmm maybe if you had a blinking button on your watch and picked it off and put it on the face card of the deck and then waved your hand over it. maybe. Otherwise it's still voguing for magicians.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
TomasB
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1143 Posts

Profile of TomasB
Quote:
On 2009-09-27 21:21, TStone wrote:
Tomas Blomberg and myself did some cosmetic work on the Erdnase color change some years ago - which I later documented in the ebook "Plots, Spells & Typos".
Here's an early practice clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4JR7g5nJbs

In this handling the card is coming from anywhere inside the deck. Not necessarily second from the top, as you see in the end of that clip.

/Tomas
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Erdnase color change? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL