The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Need recommendation for Card-DVDs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Neuromancer
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of Neuromancer
Hi,
I got some money left over, so I need some help in buying DVDs. This is what I already got:

Bill Malone on the Loose (all)
Easy to Master Card Miracles (all)
Daryl does the full Monte

I am looking for a good DVD (or DVD-series) with card tricks, that is useful and fun to watch, just like the Malone or Ammar series.

Oh, and it would be good, if half of the tricks are not already explained on the other DVDs I already have. Smile

Any good recomendations?? Thank you!!! Smile
cya

Neuromancer
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of marko
Neuromancer? Y'know we have a Necromancer on here too. I should change my name to Markonancer.

Anyway, if I were you, I'd check into some books. I can't think of many good DVDs devoted to card magic (aside from Ammar's and Malone's), but there are TONS of great books with killer card magic I'm sure you'd be interested in.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Jim Tighe
View Profile
Veteran user
West Virginia
363 Posts

Profile of Jim Tighe
David Regal's DVD's are mostly card magic and are excellent. Also Darwin Ortiz had excellent VHS tapes (Expert at the Card Table - might be DVD now). Jay Sankey Secret Files DVD's are 80% card magic.
I'm sure there are others.
Kingry
View Profile
Elite user
Virginia
464 Posts

Profile of Kingry
I don't agree with the David Regal recomendation, unless you like working with gimicked decks. Sankey, Greg Wilson (card stunts is the best but n/a on DVD, and Daryl's DVD offerings could keep you busy for a lifetime. P.S. the Elmsley vids just came out on DVD.
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of marko
David Regal has LOTS of ungimmicked card stuff.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Zednanreh
View Profile
Loyal user
Miami, FL
211 Posts

Profile of Zednanreh
The Very Best of Sankey collection
On the Spot (I think its on DVD)
Daryl's Ambitious Video (Once again, I think its on dvd)
...those are off the top of my head

- Alex
So you want to market or sell your trick? Before you do, read this!
Symmatrix
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of Symmatrix
Henry Evans is good too..If you are interested I am selling this set. Check it out in the video section..

Symmatrix
What We See Is Mainly Depend On What We Look For.
Only Those Who Can See The Invisible Can Do The Impossible.

Symmatrix Magic
chappelly
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
744 Posts

Profile of chappelly
David Regal's No 3 DVD is excellent.The tricks use a non gaffed deck.I think the tricks are highly entertaining.

Chappelly
Andrew E. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1428 Posts

Profile of Andrew E. Miller
David Regal's stuff is awesome, whether it be ungimmicked or gimmicked. I find myself reading or watching his material and just smiling to myself because it so darn clever. Stop for a moment and realize that David Regal offers more than audience tested magci routines, he offers some very good theory and psychology for you to think about. It isn't always about the tricks.

Andrew
If you get bored go to www.a-miller.idz.net and watch some magic.

-Andrew
Andrew Wong
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of Andrew Wong
I recommend u getting Lee Asher's dvds, they are great! Smile
HiraseMagic
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong
573 Posts

Profile of HiraseMagic
David Regal's volume 3 is mostly "ungimmicked", I highly recommend Regal's DVDs. Daryl's DVDs are also excellent for card trick learners!

Hirase
In love with magic!
Neuromancer
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of Neuromancer
woah Smile 2 days not online, and lotsa answers Smile

Thank you for your help.
First of all, Kingry, I think there are only 2 DVDs on Cards from Daryl (Ambitious Card and Full Monte) that are dealing with tricks, right? (I have EOCS, but there are only sleights, no tricks) - Does keep me busy, but not for a lifetime Smile But I maybe wrong....

The David Regal DVDs sound pretty cool. Is there any chance to see a preview? Didn´t find anything on the new llpub website?

Again thank you guys!
cya

Neuromancer
Kingry
View Profile
Elite user
Virginia
464 Posts

Profile of Kingry
Card magic is as subjective as any thing else. As I prefer to perform in "real life" situations (strolling, restaurant, bar, hospitality suite), I tend to stay away from angthing that needs to be tabled. It's great if you happen to have that perfect situation where people are viewing in a formal seated setting. The stuff I love to work with is Nash, Ortiz, Swain, Carpenter, and Wimhurst. Landed a gig a few years ago working for Icehouse beer as their magician that ran for three months working in as many as 6 bars a night. I realized everything I learned was practically useless in these situations. The stuff I get paid to do is Sankey, Acer, Wilson.I can second, bottom, and do perfect faros standing on my head, but 98% of the paying public could care less. I enjoyed watching the Regal vids, and was fooled badly, but it just didn't fit my style. Don't limit yourself to DVD. You will miss a lot of great books and older VHS material.
Moffmo
View Profile
Regular user
Castleford
143 Posts

Profile of Moffmo
Paperclipped is a nice little video....

My video got screwed by my crappy crappy video player Grrrrr..............

Matt
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Need recommendation for Card-DVDs (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL