The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Girl I like (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2009-09-04 11:58, abc wrote:
I don't want to go of on Mr M Mystic but in case you haven't followed history for the past few thousand years, we (men) are hunters. If a guy plays the piano it doesn't make him gay, it means it is a weapon in hunting the prey. I used some Elton John songs and a piano or keyboard to entertain many a lady"friend" in my university friends and many of us are no longer friends. You know what is scary about that. I don't regret a single moment of it. If you look around at your friends now I can promise you that in 10 years 80% of them would no longer be in contact with you.
Friends come and go.
Great memories last forever.

"If a guy plays the piano it doesn't make him gay, it means it is a weapon in hunting the prey. I used some Elton John songs and a piano or keyboard to entertain many a lady"friend" . . . "

LMAO
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I wish I could play piano, Elton John rocks!
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Dats cuz he's the Rocket mannnnnn!
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
If the kid is checking which of us he wants to be I'd like to get credit for 20 years of marriage....
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Quote:
On 2009-09-02 19:13, Chance wrote:
Quote:
...she's been looking at me quite a bit. I went to a bar with my friend, and she was there, looked at me. What do I do?

Check for boogers?

Why didn't I think of that? Nice one. Lmao.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2009-09-04 18:39, MagicSanta wrote:
I wish I could play piano, Elton John rocks!

I agree, him, Bowie, Mick, Freddie Mercury . . .
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Xaethia
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
124 Posts

Profile of Xaethia
Quote:
On 2009-09-02 20:34, Doug Lippert wrote:
That's the problem with guys today. They just want to "hang out" with women. NO!

Like Marlon Brandon's character, Don Corleone, so eloquently puts it, "You can act like a man!"

lol Yeah... Classic way to put it.

Quote:
On 2009-09-03 10:23, abc wrote:
Let's be honest about this. How sexy is a cup of coffee?

Depends what kind of coffee. Smile
Hope you understand my example. In GTA: San Andreas you (the character) go inside your girlfriend's house to 'have a cup of coffee.' Smile

Quote:
On 2009-09-02 18:56, stoneunhinged wrote:
What do you do? You flirt. If she flirts back, you flirt some more.

Bout sums it up.
Play it cool.
"Technique beats skill. Psychology beats technique. Philosophy beats all. Think about it." CrdShk
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-09-02 20:34, Doug Lippert wrote:

Like Marlon Brandon's character, Don Corleone,

My GAWD Doug have some respect, it's Brando not Brandon! Smile

If Santa is getting credit for time served, let it be known that I've been mostly happy, most of the time with the same lady almost 30 years!

My assessments above comes from watching a few pathetic buddies trapped in the "Friend Zone" as well a handful of my brides friends waiting for HIM to make his big move and pledge his undying, never ending love to HER and her only! Most of these guys and gals are either STILL waiting or have since settled for some other form of dysfunctional relationship.

Life's just too dang short to play silly games!

MMc
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Just proves that guys like the Mickey and I know how to get 'em and know how to keep 'em....don't listen to those that secretly want to be 'em.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
FWIW (though I don't know what I contributed to the discussion) I've been with the same woman for 25 years--married to her for 21 of them.

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
abc
View Profile
Inner circle
South African in Taiwan
1081 Posts

Profile of abc
Quote:
On 2009-09-04 22:26, Xaethia wrote:

Quote:
On 2009-09-03 10:23, abc wrote:
Let's be honest about this. How sexy is a cup of coffee?

Depends what kind of coffee. Smile
Hope you understand my example. In GTA: San Andreas you (the character) go inside your girlfriend's house to 'have a cup of coffee.' Smile

But by definition that isn't a cup of coffee.
I can honestly say that I have never dated a girl with whom I had a cup of coffee first. I did make the mistake of trying once but I learnt very quickly that it is a bad idea.
I guess a better way to phrase this would be location location location.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

I met my wife at university when we were both undergraduates. We both had a cup of coffee in our hands and met outside the door to our 8:00 a.m. philosophy class. Does that count?

John
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Time will tell.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
Quote:
On 2009-09-04 03:51, MagicSanta wrote:
Wow Michael, you sure set me straight... you have lots of girls that are your friends (gosh, how unusual) and none have gone beyond that with you (color me suprised) and that proves that your belief that making them friends and turning them into more is correct. Burn to me....

Mickey you stud! My famous clerk who was one of those guys who made 'friends' with girls and would go out and have juice with them. He was always shocked when he found out his 'girlfriend' was fooling around with another guy and he was really thought by most of them to be the 'gay best friend' even though the was, per him, straight (his problem was a bizarre belief that a woman would come up to him, fall to her knees and say "the lord hath sent me to be thy bride" so he wouldn't ever make a move on any of the women he really liked, he is now almost 50 and still waiting for that girl to hit her knees).

Whatever, I'm only 16, I still have much to learn.
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
They why are you giving out advice on a subject you know absolutely nothing about?
abc
View Profile
Inner circle
South African in Taiwan
1081 Posts

Profile of abc
Quote:
On 2009-09-05 12:07, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
I met my wife at university when we were both undergraduates. We both had a cup of coffee in our hands and met outside the door to our 8:00 a.m. philosophy class. Does that count?

John

By definition - NO.
You had coffee and she had coffee so the coffee just happened to be there.
BUT
You say"would you like to have a cup of coffee with me sometime" and she hears "I am too nerdy or afraid to ask you on a proper date and will probably take about a decade before I kiss you so could we do something less intimidating and allow me to tell my friends I took you to coffee?"
PS I love coffee. I drink 4 to 8 cups a day (they put water in the coffee here so it supplies me with the necesary liquid). I just think it is a sucky date.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Smile The next class we met at the coffee shop and spent some time there before going to class. After that we took off after class and went to a tea shop and had our leaves read. We hung out and talked. For us in our exuberant youth it was a great way to meet. 'Course that was 1984, so maybe things are different today Smile

John
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Actually you were a trend setter John, doing coffee before coffee was cool!
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
But John, did you decide that you were not going to show interest in her and then hope that down the road she became your friend or did you at some level decide to pursue her? You know the answer....you may want to deny it, but you know, you wolf.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On 2009-09-05 01:29, MickeyPainless wrote:

let it be known that I've been mostly happy, most of the time with the same lady almost 30 years!

"Yeah, and if his wife ever finds out, he's in trouble!"

(attributed to Ed Marlo from a Jennings concept)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Girl I like (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL