The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Punch And Judy (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Robin DeWitt
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of Robin DeWitt
Years ago, and I mean YEARS AGO I had a book about Punch and Judy that started off as a P&J show on a sea side in England but, for want of a better word, morphed into a live action playlet. Does this strike a cord with anyone? And if so is the book still available?
I am the fakir, you....
<BR>Robin DeWitt
Servante
View Profile
Inner circle
1328 Posts

Profile of Servante
I think you're talking about Neil Gaiman's graphic novel, "The Tragical Comedy or Comical Tragedy of Mr. Punch." Illustrated by David McKean.
Robin DeWitt
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of Robin DeWitt
Quote:
On 2009-09-02 23:54, Servante wrote:
I think you're talking about Neil Gaiman's graphic novel, "The Tragical Comedy or Comical Tragedy of Mr. Punch." Illustrated by David McKean.

That's the name! Although I doubt that it was a *graphic* novel when I read it. I'll do a search. Thanks a lot.
I am the fakir, you....
<BR>Robin DeWitt
Bob Baker
View Profile
Inner circle
1104 Posts

Profile of Bob Baker
I recently heard a comic (wish I could remember who) do a bit in which he tells about going to a seaside resort and viewing a domestic argument. He vividly describes the fight in horrifying detail, describes the attack on the policeman who tries to break it up, and when he says, "And then an alligator came...." you realize he was describing a P&J show.

I was totally, and delightfully fooled.

Bob
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Punch And Judy (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL