The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Best Card Index (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
estragon22
View Profile
New user
Ireland
81 Posts

Profile of estragon22
Hi,
is Tony Miller's for a full deck, the ad says 16 cards? I would be very interested in this if it is.
Thanks,
Ray
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5367 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Quote:
On 2009-09-11 07:31, estragon22 wrote:
Hi,
is Tony Miller's for a full deck, the ad says 16 cards? I would be very interested in this if it is.
Thanks,
Ray

It is not a full deck index.
estragon22
View Profile
New user
Ireland
81 Posts

Profile of estragon22
Cheers Magiguy,
Ray
Back No 67
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Back No 67
I've been playing around with DM's Advocate, its really simple to use. Recommended. I've modified it a bit, to suit my needs for the extraction.

Ed
Matze
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of Matze
What exactly is a card index?
can someone explain?

some sort of gimmick that allows you to produce any card?
PaulGreen
View Profile
Inner circle
1128 Posts

Profile of PaulGreen
Hi everyone,

I apologize for my "senior moment", I cannot remember which issue of Genii has my index published. It is a 26 card index to be used in the outside pockets of a suit jacket. It was easily manufactured and the cost was very, very low. It was a breeze to use.

It was in the Magicana column. The trick was the "Kay-Gee Card Control". Google Search revealed: Genii, Oct., 1973.

Enjoy the search!

Regards,

Paul Green
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Hello Paul,
Good hearing from you. Any chance for you to release it again in the Secret Session part? ... or at least some hints?
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
KPPfeiffer
View Profile
Loyal user
205 Posts

Profile of KPPfeiffer
Re BINARELLI INDEX:
Etienne, I looked through the Binarelli books (Class Act, My way to Mentalism): the only index I could find was one using a wallet. Am I corect or did I overlook something?
Klaus-Peter
james1a
View Profile
Loyal user
202 Posts

Profile of james1a
Paul:
I have used that index since it was published, simple to make, practical in use.
I have recommended it to everyone who was looking for such an index.
james1a
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
Quote:
On 2009-09-04 15:26, Scott F. Guinn wrote:
My favorite full-deck index is Harry Lorayne's "Self-Index" from Deck-Sterity. It just uses the deck--nothing else--and is super easy to learn and use.

Which effect? This isn't in the index. JW
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6581 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Quote:
On 2009-09-17 15:00, JohnWells wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-09-04 15:26, Scott F. Guinn wrote:
My favorite full-deck index is Harry Lorayne's "Self-Index" from Deck-Sterity. It just uses the deck--nothing else--and is super easy to learn and use.

Which effect? This isn't in the index. JW

It's found in the explanation of "Mental Photography."
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York City
8327 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
If you can't find a copy of Deck-Sterity (been out of print for decades), it's re-written updated, etc., in the D-S section of THE CLASSIC COLLECTION, Vol. 1. HL. (All those years ago, Fred Braue wrote, in part - "...invaluable idea. It opens up all those feats you may have passed over because of dislike for bulky, bothersome card indexes." (I never thought much of, or about it. When I was young and could't afford an index, and I wanted to do a certain effect that needed an index - I just DID it!)
[email]harrylorayne@earthlink.net[/email]

http://www.harrylorayne.com
http://www.harryloraynemagic.com
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
I do indeed have a copy. (OOP? I bought a new copy last year...)I glanced through the index, but didn't scan it thoroughly. Thank you both.
isabella
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of isabella
Check out Thirteen Steps to Mentalism.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Best Card Index (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL