We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Stuff I am running into (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
greatscott
View Profile
Special user
595 Posts

Profile of greatscott
Oh, I failed to mention that the remainder of the balloons in the bag are stored behind the bar. If I start to run low, I simply go get more out of the bag.
montymagi
View Profile
Special user
Slidell La
752 Posts

Profile of montymagi
If you can do that then You really, really need to get bad to the balloon 1 and 2. I am telling those two video's made a huge difference for me. Most balloons will be withing you ability range.

Posted: Sep 4, 2009 5:30pm
I do a mix of magic and balloons in my restaurant and I wear a messenger type bag that my magic balloons and my pump all fit it. It has become a game when I walk in. I will pick the bag up but then set it down again, act like I am going to put it on the remember something. When I do put the bag on the kids start clapping and I start working the tables. I love my regulars!
BCaldwell
View Profile
Special user
is really regretting his
524 Posts

Profile of BCaldwell
This post ALMOST makes me want to break out the balloons again! Smile
"...that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller Smile

~Bob~
obsidian52
View Profile
Veteran user
United States
304 Posts

Profile of obsidian52
All this talk of balloons is nothing but hot air.....Sorry I couldn't resist, Hmmm, maybe I should have.....

Anyway, I do 3 balloons, a snake, a worm, and a lion (line)
EventEntertainer
View Profile
Inner circle
Look Ma!
1104 Posts

Profile of EventEntertainer
"A snake, a worm or an eel?"
Consultant, performer, creator, and all around nice guy!
Bad to the Balloon
View Profile
Inner circle
Clearwater Florida
2116 Posts

Profile of Bad to the Balloon
Quote:
On 2009-09-04 10:26, slyhand wrote:
More great advise. Thanks to everyone.

More specific questions.

Mark, Are your hats done with one or multiple balloons? I like the idea of hats because they will be out of the way when I do the magic part.

As a person who is going to focus on magic, where is the best place to keep the balloons and pump while strolling?

As far as the stand-up portion goes I think I may do one bit on the platform then go into the audience and do my close-up for everybody at one time instead of just for the table.
I am thinking the silk to egg trick. I think I do that well. Hopefully it will go over well.

Sorry missed this one....

Multiple balloons usually no more than 3 per. All hats that is what I do.

I can roll with either ..... but balloons win out hands down. For demand and tip ability.
Mark Byrne
AKA Mark the Balloon Guy
As seen on the TODAY SHOW
www.balloonguy.net
Creator of Bad to the Balloon DVD series
Go to my store: http://tinyurl.com/Bad2theBalloon
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
A half hour on stage in a bar setting is an eternity. Besides the clientle will shift and change all night, and people will want to talk and not have anyone fighting for their attention on a microphone for an hour and more.

I would suggest that you get up on stage at different times during the evening--every thirty minutes or so, to do one or two routines--maybe ten or fifteen minutes.

If you do longer you will be drowned under the weight of indifference.

A magician knowing how to do balloon animals or fortune-telling is like a woman in the nineteen-fifties learning how to type. It is all they will ever let you do.

I don't have anything against balloon animals or fortune-telling, but they do not always go well with walk-around magic--people don't know whether they want to see magic (they have probably never seen real close-up magic) but they KNOW they want a balloon for the kids or their fortune told.
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1785 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
Listen to Whit. He knows what he's talking about.
Sammy
Sammy J. Teague
van
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of van
Look here
http://www.balloonhq.com/faq/twists_101.html

Check out Dewey's series of balloon books, George Sands Balloon Modeling books, and Jim Sherman's "Bar Room Balloons" for a more "adult" crowd.
Later Ya'll

Van
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1886 Posts

Profile of slyhand
Quote:
On 2009-09-13 21:45, Whit Haydn wrote:
A half hour on stage in a bar setting is an eternity. Besides the clientle will shift and change all night, and people will want to talk and not have anyone fighting for their attention on a microphone for an hour and more.

I would suggest that you get up on stage at different times during the evening--every thirty minutes or so, to do one or two routines--maybe ten or fifteen minutes.

If you do longer you will be drowned under the weight of indifference.

A magician knowing how to do balloon animals or fortune-telling is like a woman in the nineteen-fifties learning how to type. It is all they will ever let you do.

I don't have anything against balloon animals or fortune-telling, but they do not always go well with walk-around magic--people don't know whether they want to see magic (they have probably never seen real close-up magic) but they KNOW they want a balloon for the kids or their fortune told.

That is what I was thinking. I know I would never hold their attention for that amount of time.

As far as the balloons go, I don't want to be a typist. But until I can be picky about which gigs to take it looks like I will have to do some balloons for this one anyway.
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
james prince
View Profile
Loyal user
England
229 Posts

Profile of james prince
I don't do balloons any more and hate to admit knowing anything about them

However you only have one week so -

You can already make a standard dog - good!

That means that you can also make a Sausage dog (long body, short legs)

Now make the ears bigger and the front legs shorter than the back ones - when you're done stick the front legs into the back legs (so the model is sitting up) - you've made a very popular Rabbit

Buy some balloon hearts - rabbits can hold these (attach to front legs) and they look cute - write the girl/women's name on it for further cuteness and even add a kiss

Buy flower head balloons, which just need to be inflated and attached to a straight and you have a flower

A dog or rabbit can be made to climb a flower by sticking the stem though its legs

It can climb and hold a heart - a four balloon sculpture!

Learn a sword and that's all the boys done!

Have fun!

James
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1886 Posts

Profile of slyhand
I don't mind being well rounded. I just don't want to be known as a "balloonist", not that there's anything wrong that. Smile

I also do some face painting with an air brush but don't want to be known as a "face painter".

Maybe if I could have a selected signed card end up inside a balloon animal. I would do animals all freakin day.
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
james prince
View Profile
Loyal user
England
229 Posts

Profile of james prince
I have a routine where a balloon dog finds a chosen card (not inside it unfortunately) can send it to you, if of interest - PM me your email
BCaldwell
View Profile
Special user
is really regretting his
524 Posts

Profile of BCaldwell
Quote:
On 2009-09-16 10:10, james prince wrote:
I have a routine where a balloon dog finds a chosen card (not inside it unfortunately) can send it to you, if of interest - PM me your email
I would be interested in learning this routine James, if you don't mind. PM'd you. Thanks in advance! Smile
"...that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller Smile

~Bob~
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Stuff I am running into (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL