The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Reality Twister Booklet (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Donny Orbit
View Profile
Special user
944 Posts

Profile of Donny Orbit
Any word when this booklet with contributions from David Regal and others will be out?

XX
do magic

www.8bom.net
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
There were some changes that needed to be made and Ben Harris was to be sending it over to our printer this week. I saw a proof and man oh man it is great. Thus it should be out shortly. It grew significantly from what we initially thought and will be 100 pages, $15 retail, and loaded with ideas that take RT to a new level.

Once I get updates I will pass along.

Tim Trono
Donny Orbit
View Profile
Special user
944 Posts

Profile of Donny Orbit
Thanks for the update.

XX
do magic

www.8bom.net
cardfreakhk
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong SAR
585 Posts

Profile of cardfreakhk
Thanks for the information! This is something we can't miss!
I have been waiting for this.

Michael Lam
Don't just dream, stay awake and action!
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
BTW... slightly off issue but... Paul's next release, The One and Only, is fast approaching. We did not expect it until Fall for reasons I won't go into here but then we lucked out. I can't give any details yet but I personally consider this to be the best thing Paul has created... it is VERY strong, a REAL worker, practical, easy, etc. My guess would be it will be sometime in late July or so. Keep your eye out for this. It’s brilliant.

Tim Trono
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of marko
Very much looking forward to this release.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Andrew Wong
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of Andrew Wong
Wow!! 100 pages!! That must be filled with great ideas in it! Smile
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
Just an update.... I was advised by Ben Harris that the completed book is on the way from Australia to the printer in the USA. Thanks for your patience... I believe you will be VERY happy with the end result. It will retail for $15, be 100 pages, and will include some outstanding pieces. If you didn't like Reality Twister I believe you will really like it with the ideas presented and if you liked Reality Twister you will now LOVE these uses. Brilliant ideas, plots, etc. Ben did a super job with the layout, Pete McCabe did a great job writing, Tony Dunn did his usual superb illustrations, etc. Hope you enjoy it. I anticipate about 2 weeks after the printer receives it (most likely they will get it June 17 or 18).

Tim
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
I had posted this before, but here goes again.

On Ben Harris' site there is some more information about this book and also a video demo of an effect by Ben which is included in the book. Check out http://www.wowbound.com
Yours,

Ivan
Coolmagic
View Profile
New user
My mom...
67 Posts

Profile of Coolmagic
Thanks niva it's a great demo, really visual.

VCM
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
I'm confused, is that supposed to be the lens "stretched out" on his fingers that vanishes?

s
Ben721
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of Ben721
Yep, I am pretty sure that's what happens. I thought it looked really good though.
Check out my new effect "As Good As It Gets" a gimmickles pencil or pen through bill effect. It closely mimmicks the slow motion phase of "Misled." About "As Good AS It Gets" for no gimmicks and everything being borrowed.
http://www.magic-notes.com/th
Paul Sherman
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, VA
1511 Posts

Profile of Paul Sherman
I'm also confused...that looks much more like the "Really Twisted Rubberband Vanish" than the "Really Twisted Lens Vanish".

Am I the only one?

Paul
"The finished card expert considers nothing too trivial that in any way contributes to his success..." Erdnase

some youtube videos
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On 2003-07-02 02:53, psherman wrote:
I'm also confused...that looks much more like the "Really Twisted Rubberband Vanish" than the "Really Twisted Lens Vanish".

Am I the only one?

Paul

Nope. But let's play along anyway. WOW! fooled me! Smile
lithis
View Profile
Loyal user
298 Posts

Profile of lithis
LOL...I hope the other stuff in the booklet is a little better...
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of marko
Wasn't that a rubber band? What was with that?
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
lithis
View Profile
Loyal user
298 Posts

Profile of lithis
Ben Harris's ideas are...odd...lol. Alida? Anyone?
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2126 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Yep, I'm an odd one.

Ha

Ben
+Inventor of the world famous Floating Match+
+Author: Machinations (Vanishing Inc, 2020)+
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
hackmonkey
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1093 Posts

Profile of hackmonkey
Sorry I must be blind, I can't see the link to watch the video. Anyone direct me?
Smile
Look behind you...on your left...thats the real world.

http://www.instagram.com/JoePiperMagic
Ben721
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of Ben721
It's gone now I believe. I think people were shooting too close to home so he removed the video. I also, now that someone said rubberband, think it is that. I still was fooled the first time.
Check out my new effect "As Good As It Gets" a gimmickles pencil or pen through bill effect. It closely mimmicks the slow motion phase of "Misled." About "As Good AS It Gets" for no gimmicks and everything being borrowed.
http://www.magic-notes.com/th
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Reality Twister Booklet (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL