The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Internal Liquid Levitation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Zednanreh
View Profile
Loyal user
Miami, FL
211 Posts

Profile of Zednanreh
I want to be able to take your average (transparent) plastic Coke/Dasani/soda bottle and open the cap and visibly have the liquid stay in the bottle after turning it over. I want to be able to "turn on" and "turn off" and be able to pour the liquid out, before and after. Is there anything like this out there? I might have to have this moved to the double or triple dare forums.

Remember: be able to pour out before and after, and have the bottle "clear". I'd perfer a non-gimmicked bottle if possible.

- Alex
So you want to market or sell your trick? Before you do, read this!
newguy
View Profile
Veteran user
387 Posts

Profile of newguy
You can do this with a custom anti-gravco gimmick and a small hole in the bottle to control air pressure.

Just experiment.
rooooony
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of rooooony
Whats an anit-gravco gimmick?
Sid Mayer
View Profile
Special user
Santa Fe, NM
656 Posts

Profile of Sid Mayer
I don't know if the Anti-Gravico gimmick is still being manufactured. It is (or was) a transparent plastic cap that snaps over the mouth of the once standard glass coke bottle. The gimmick has a hole in it that permits the insertion of something like a wooden match stick into the bottle while it is inverted to "prove" that there is nothing other than magic holding the liquid in place. The liquid does not come out of the relatively small hole because of atmospheric pressure.

A very small hole drilled through the side of the bottle would permit control of the liquid ala the Hydrostatic Glass. Closing such a hole with a finger would keep the liquid suspended. Opening it would equalize the pressure and allow the liquid to pour.

If the gimmick is not available or would not fit the bottle that you want to use, a disk of metal window screen secured in the neck of the bottle (perhaps with transparent silicone caulk) would work the same way.

Sid
All the world's a stage ... and everybody on it is overacting.
Knox
View Profile
New user
Australia
6 Posts

Profile of Knox
I just bought the Anti-Gravico gimmick today from my local dealer for $2.95 (Australian).

I've seen Paul Zennon perform it on his Halloween Video. I'm still working on the delivery, but for the price you can't go wrong.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Internal Liquid Levitation (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL