We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Confused with Losander's Bubble Zombie (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Lawrens Godon
View Profile
Inner circle
France
1062 Posts

Profile of Lawrens Godon
Hi,

From Mr Losander's site :

"A real bubble is levitating above a cloth. Than it moves from the left to the right all of a sudden you cover up the bubble with the cloth after it moves under the cloth like a ghost you will pop the bubble through the cloth and show everything empty."

A friend of mine assures me that when he saw Dirk do his routine during a lecture, he really held the real bubble behind the scarf, sitting on a rail of invisible thread, during the entire "zombie routine"!
Then he would produce the very same bubble at the end, instead of "bursting" it through the scarf...

Is this possible ?

Did my friend dream that ?

I'm on the spot to buy it, anyway...Smile
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5342 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
That is what a spectator sees! A bubble is blown from solution and as is drifts in the air it is bounced on the edge of a cloth then gently covered with that cloth. Once covered it is controlled in much the same way as a Zombie is controlled.

As with most magic, what the spectator sees (or believes he/she sees) is not actually what is happening or what the magician is doing.

Losander Losander demonstrates and explains this beautiful and magical effect on one of his DVDs.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3622 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
You have to be seriously dedicated to pull this one off. Even Dirk has to blow several bubbles before he gets one that he wants to perform with. And then the actual hook-up is very - well, not hard, but requires lots and lots of practice. And I mean lots of practice. Losander makes his floating routines look very simple, but they require a lot of dedication to convincingly perform.

Jim
Lawrens Godon
View Profile
Inner circle
France
1062 Posts

Profile of Lawrens Godon
So, the bubble is really standing by behind the scarf during the zombie part of the routine ?
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5342 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
No. The bubble goes where bubbles go when covered by a cloth.
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
Is there life ater 'pop'?
Fábio De'Rose - Ilusionista
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5342 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Yep! In bubble heaven!
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
Coooool! hah

Just noticed that I accidentaly popped out an 'f'. It was supposed to be 'after', uh.

By the way, I'm considering the idea of buying it from Losander. I was never much into Zombies, for I always found them pretty senseless. Even though bubbles float by themselves, the effect looks sweet.
Fábio De'Rose - Ilusionista
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5342 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Losander has indeed built a sweet prop for an even sweeter routine. His prop is well made and his routine well thought out. I Losander's hands it is pure beauty and art. I doubt if you could go wrong mastering this routine.
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2241 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Not to be a Debbie downer, is this anything more than blowing a bubble and going into Bill Abbott's the Thing?
Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2486 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
I just saw losander this past week at a convention and he did the bubble magic and I thought it was well executed however it brought me to a thought that I plan to post in a new thread later.

any way I bought the DVD as I was interested in is hook up and his ideas and I can tell you that after playing with this for about 20 minutes it will take some serious practice to make it look a smooth and believable as losander does.

as for the float gimmick of the bubble with cloth ala zombie I thought it was a killer mover yet I did not buy the gimmick as I wanted to play with the bubble stuff first.

again as pointed out by others what is recalled by lay people is much more then what is actually happening but it is indeed a beautiful piece of magic.

sam
sam sandler- America's only full-time DEAF Illusionist
http://www.samsandler.com
http://www.deafinitelymagic.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22504 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Now that we have exposed all for the entire internet, shouldn't this been moved to the Banquet room or deleted back on September 6, 2009.
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Floating bubbles shades of Vito Lupo's act.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Yes, please let's move this thread into private.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1350 Posts

Profile of Stucky
Quote:
On 2010-08-23 14:41, MagicBrent wrote:
Not to be a Debbie downer, is this anything more than blowing a bubble and going into Bill Abbott's the Thing?

The Thing came WELL after the bubble zombie.

I have seen Losander do this many times and it's a great effect. Simple, concise, and best of all, magical.
Official Thread Killer
61magic
View Profile
Special user
Sacramento California
757 Posts

Profile of 61magic
Quote:
On 2010-08-24 10:23, Stucky wrote:

I have seen Losander do this many times and it's a great effect. Simple, concise, and best of all, magical.

Yes, but is it worth the $150 price tag?
Professor J. P. Fawkes
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1350 Posts

Profile of Stucky
If you are concerned about price, then you do not deserve to reap the benefits.
Official Thread Killer
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22504 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2010-08-25 00:20, 61magic wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-08-24 10:23, Stucky wrote:

Yes, but is it worth the $150 price tag?

Isn't "worth" a subjective question?

Do you like floating effects?
Are you a stage performer?
Do you do your shows inside?
Would you take the trouble to haul bubble solution around to your shows?
Do you like to perform Zombie type or magic on a regular basis?
Do you like to spend hours and weeks practicing the same effect or are you an open the box and run out and show everyone your latest miracle?

These and many other questions have to be answered for the "worth" of a magic product. What is "worth it" for one person is not "worth it" for another person. That is why the Café is broken up into catagories and sections that appeal to ones interest.

As far as value for what you get in material equipment and instruction, that is also subjective when it comes to value for dollars spent per individual.

In the end the price is the price and has nothing to do with effect, if you say "NO" to all the above.
61magic
View Profile
Special user
Sacramento California
757 Posts

Profile of 61magic
In a bad economy here many of us have limited funds and need to purchase wisely the assesment of others is valuable.
I find it most helpful when an owner of a product will tell you something like "its the best $150 I ever spent" or "great item but over priced for what you get".

Stucky my question was to find out what your assesment was, the sarcasm wasn't helpful...

Wmhegbly I had already answered the questions in your matrix with "yes" so I'm ready to make a purchase, I value the opinion of others who have made the purchase before.
Professor J. P. Fawkes
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22504 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Boy! I know about this economy more then most. Been looking for a decent job since 2003, that is why I ask myself those all import questions before makeing any purchase.

The final one that usually fails is, will I actually use it in my current shows. This one controls buying for me a lot.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Confused with Losander's Bubble Zombie (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL