We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Confused with Losander's Bubble Zombie (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5345 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
In comparing to Bill Abbott’s “Thing” it is similar in effect but way (WAY) different. Both give you a floating “something” effect. Abbott’s brilliant routine has you floating a “nothing” or puff of air. The floating thing is rather small (and that is not a bad thing just a description). It can be done completely surrounded and up close. It floats under the cloth only and vanishes at the end.

Losander has you floating a fairly large (by comparison) bubble. It floats above the cloth, balances on the cloth, then floats under the cloth and vanishes (pops) at the end. Losander’s cannot really be performed close-up but can be performed surrounded.

Both require practice and a bit of grace to make look magical. Both are great effects and work in different venues.

Bill (wmhegbli) gave you a good outline of the questions you need ask yourself as to weather or not the prop/routine is of worth to you.

Go back and look at Losander’s clip. Do you see yourself performing such a thing? The prop is well made and works just like you see on the clip. Can you make it look as magical as Losander? Only you can answer that. You know how much time, practice, and rehearsal you’ll put into a prop.

I think it is more than worth it. Frankly I think it is the most “logical” (magician’s logic here) Zombie type effect out there right now.

Is it worth $150.00? To me and others that actually use it, absolutely?
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
61magic
View Profile
Special user
Sacramento California
757 Posts

Profile of 61magic
Harry, Wmhegbli thanks for the info this is exactly the kind of information I'm looking for.

Joe
Professor J. P. Fawkes
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1350 Posts

Profile of Stucky
Quote:
On 2010-08-26 20:37, 61magic wrote:Stucky my question was to find out what your assesment was, the sarcasm wasn't helpful...

Wasn't sarcasm, just what I think. If you were asking if it's worth it directly, I would say yes.
Official Thread Killer
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3615 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Quote:
On 2010-08-23 17:04, wmhegbli wrote:
Now that we have exposed all for the entire internet, shouldn't this been moved to the Banquet room or deleted back on September 6, 2009.

Oh, yes, thank you! I just came upon this and it is painful to watch magicians who should know better get "hooked" by a fishing expedition...

Moved, or better yet, locked...
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2246 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
I apologize if I opened a can of worms regarding potential exposure from my last post.
crashbang1969
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of crashbang1969
This is a great piece of magic but as far as exposure goes,I don't think anyone who watched the demo was at a loss for how the trick was done.
alan1954
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of alan1954
Losander's gimmick with the foulard is genius. Much easier to do than The Thing. I forgo the bubbles completely.
indomagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1012 Posts

Profile of indomagic
I like Losander floating bubble more comparing with the Thing, specially on the stage.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Confused with Losander's Bubble Zombie (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL