The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Levent on the "Multiplying Billiard Balls" (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Thanks, Levent! I have two reasons for wanting to upgrade to the 12 inch rings: 1) I am going to be doing some larger stage shows soon and 2) now that I wear glasses, it's a bit tight getting the 10 inch rings over my head with glasses on. However, I will consider your advice (as I always do!) regarding my false count with the 12 inchers. I'll try them out before I buy them.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
MattWMagic
View Profile
New user
Issaquah, WA
23 Posts

Profile of MattWMagic
Thank you so much for coming out with that dvd set it changed my magic Smile
aiturran
View Profile
Loyal user
Santiago, Chile
260 Posts

Profile of aiturran
Quote:
On 2010-09-08 18:58, mtpascoe wrote:
He was only about 45 or 46 when he died. It's a shame that he is only known among the circles in Spain.

It's been a long time since I post on the forum, maybe I should get in here more frequently, specially since I'm getting into manipulation.
Anyways, Pepe Carroll was a Spanish magician, FISM Close-Up Champion on Lausanne who was a superb magician. He really shined in close-up, with his very creative and out-of-the-box routines. He really gave a twist to such classics as Follow the Leader, Ace Assemblies, among others. He also was an excellent parlour magician, very funny and creative, too. He became very known in spanish television, and even won a prize as a host in a TV show which of course, included magic.
After winning FISM and having a lot of work on TV, he unfortunately started to stop his works on close-up magic despite what he had to give. Nevertheless, until he died he gave a lot to magic, and in parlour and stage illusions gave his touch of comedy, with funny patters that until this day are used by many spanish (and spanish speaking) magicians.

His linking ring may look a bit like Ross's, but I find his much more synthetic and direct. The effects chosen for linking and unlinking are to me the best and look as clean as I've seen in any linking ring routine. This is the difference between a linking ring routine and one with artistic merit. I find Ross's and Carroll's routine stand in that category, the statement on Carroll's routine is entirely a personal opinion, but one can't doubt on its quality, whether you like one of the other most.

Anyway, I'm looking forward on the DVD collection from you, Levent. I truly admire your research in magic, and has in a way inspired me to do the same (well, at certain point, you've gathered tons of material). I love the history of magic and I enjoy studying its tricks and characters and to know where it came from, since it also shows respect for the work in the past. If you strive for excellence, artistic quality and originality, you need to know what happened in the past. As the phrase says, "we're standing on the shoulders of giants".

Take care,

Antonio
Levent
View Profile
Special user
USA
801 Posts

Profile of Levent
Quote:
On 2011-02-20 22:49, MattWMagic wrote:
Thank you so much for coming out with that dvd set it changed my magic Smile

Thanks Matt! I am glad to help!!

Levent
http://www.LeventMagic.com
Levent
View Profile
Special user
USA
801 Posts

Profile of Levent
Quote:
On 2011-04-28 13:34, aiturran wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-09-08 18:58, mtpascoe wrote:
He was only about 45 or 46 when he died. It's a shame that he is only known among the circles in Spain.

It's been a long time since I post on the forum, maybe I should get in here more frequently, specially since I'm getting into manipulation.
Anyways, Pepe Carroll was a Spanish magician, FISM Close-Up Champion on Lausanne who was a superb magician. He really shined in close-up, with his very creative and out-of-the-box routines. He really gave a twist to such classics as Follow the Leader, Ace Assemblies, among others. He also was an excellent parlour magician, very funny and creative, too. He became very known in spanish television, and even won a prize as a host in a TV show which of course, included magic.
After winning FISM and having a lot of work on TV, he unfortunately started to stop his works on close-up magic despite what he had to give. Nevertheless, until he died he gave a lot to magic, and in parlour and stage illusions gave his touch of comedy, with funny patters that until this day are used by many spanish (and spanish speaking) magicians.

His linking ring may look a bit like Ross's, but I find his much more synthetic and direct. The effects chosen for linking and unlinking are to me the best and look as clean as I've seen in any linking ring routine. This is the difference between a linking ring routine and one with artistic merit. I find Ross's and Carroll's routine stand in that category, the statement on Carroll's routine is entirely a personal opinion, but one can't doubt on its quality, whether you like one of the other most.

Anyway, I'm looking forward on the DVD collection from you, Levent. I truly admire your research in magic, and has in a way inspired me to do the same (well, at certain point, you've gathered tons of material). I love the history of magic and I enjoy studying its tricks and characters and to know where it came from, since it also shows respect for the work in the past. If you strive for excellence, artistic quality and originality, you need to know what happened in the past. As the phrase says, "we're standing on the shoulders of giants".

Take care,

Antonio

Thanks Antonio!!!

I am getting very close to begin shooting the Linking Rings DVD. If all goes well, I should begin filming next week.

Levent
Donal Chayce
View Profile
Inner circle
1770 Posts

Profile of Donal Chayce
Quote:
On 2011-04-28 16:17, Levent wrot

I am getting very close to begin shooting the Linking Rings DVD. If all goes well, I should begin filming next week.

Levent

:yippee: Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Last weekend, I performed at the castle and J Neal was doing the palace there and got a chance to see his beautiful two ring routine. Every move a picture.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
Sindre
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Sindre
Hello!
I recieved the DVD's yesterday. I have to say, Mr.Levent: You glued me to my computer screen for five hours straight. No joke! I watched everything up to the end of the Cardini explanation. I was forced to turn off because it was one hour past bed time, and I had my first exam today. Thank you so much for making this DVD set! It is one of the biggest sources of inspiration I have ever experienced. It also sparks many ideas.
Thank you!

Best wishes,
Sindre Rian
Levent
View Profile
Special user
USA
801 Posts

Profile of Levent
Sindre:

Messages like yours make all the hard work on these video projects worth it for me!

Best of luck in school!

Levent
mtpascoe
View Profile
Inner circle
1932 Posts

Profile of mtpascoe
I love this DVD especially the Roy Benson section. I wish there was more Benson on Youtube because I would love to see his billiard work. But, you recreated it very well. His work on the billiards is the best next to Cardini's.
Levent
View Profile
Special user
USA
801 Posts

Profile of Levent
Thanks mtpascoe.

Just a little update. I am heading out now to do a 2 week cruise and as soon as I get back home, I will being shooting the Linking RIngs DVDs. There will be a lot of stuff on it that I think most magicians around today have never seen before! And when I start shooting I think I will begin by posting an essay about it on the Magic Café, as I did with the Ball and Misers Dream videos.

Levent
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Levent,
I have not forgotten our conversation in Myrtle Beach. I have not gotten to KK's house to look at the Freer item you requested. It doesn't look like I am going to get down there awhile either. Maybe towards the end of July or August.
I'm sorry but I just wanted to let you know.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
yin_howe
View Profile
Special user
Malaysia
985 Posts

Profile of yin_howe
Quote:
On 2011-05-30 05:31, Levent wrote:
Thanks mtpascoe.

Just a little update. I am heading out now to do a 2 week cruise and as soon as I get back home, I will being shooting the Linking RIngs DVDs. There will be a lot of stuff on it that I think most magicians around today have never seen before! And when I start shooting I think I will begin by posting an essay about it on the Magic Café, as I did with the Ball and Misers Dream videos.

Levent

Looking forward to the set!
"Talent without passion is talent wasted.."
https://www.youtube.com/user/yinhowe80/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Levent on the "Multiplying Billiard Balls" (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL